Garmin 60 CSx serial number

Yes, I found that number but it is 9 digits. Garmin manual as well as rebate form refer to an 8 digit serial number. Did they expand the number of digits and just not update the manual or form?

This seems like a stupid question, but I don't want to have problems getting my rebate with a serial number that is one digit too long.

Remove your batteries. The s/n is sticked on the plastic under the batteries.

Yes, I found that number but it is 9 digits. Garmin manual as well as rebate form refer to an 8 digit serial number. Did they expand the number of digits and just not update the manual or form?

This seems like a stupid question, but I don't want to have problems getting my rebate with a serial number that is one digit too long.

Remove your batteries. The s/n is sticked on the plastic under the batteries.

The serial number on my 60 CSx (4 months old) is 8 digits, and is the only sticker in the battery compartment.

8-digits, all numerals, followed by "can 210"

Perhaps they increased to nine-digit s/#.

Mine also has 9 numbers and I emailed Garmin about it. This is the Reply:

Hi

If your unit has a nine digit serial number please add an extra box to the rebate coupon.

Thank you

KRISTEN SCHNEIDER

Rebate Clerk

Garmin International

1200 E. 151st St.

Olathe, KS 66062

FAX 913-440-8866

(please include a cover page Attn Kristen Schneider)

Please visit our website at www.garmin.com

(all of our current rebates are posted on our website)

PS-Please include all email correspondence already written when you reply to this email so that it can be answered in a timely manner. Erasing the text may mean a delay in response, or that the email does not reach whom you are communicating

I'm also going to send a copy of the email in with my rebate coupon. I don't know if it will help or hurt but I figure why not.

Mine is the same. I had to add another number onto the rebate form. My rebate was accepted and "the check is in the mail". Does take quite some time for the check to be issued and updated on the web site, but according to the web site my check has been issued. With my luck it will get stuck in customs for a month....LOL

Joe

I love these types of forums. I had the exact same question, joined up, did a search, and now my question is answered. Thanks everybody!

That's great that you searched first. It seems like a lot of people don't search first and end up waiting up to 30 minutes before someone here posts the answer :anitongue:

These forums really are remarkable with the amount of timely and accurate information provided!

Edited by pdxmarathonman