Mapsend Topo 3d USA?

TNRonin

I've been out of it for a while and this Christmas I was given this GPSr. I've been able to commo with the PC, uploaded caches etc...

I'm trying to download them to the pc but can't get to commo with the program. The GPSr will do a track log and I can see myself on the program, but for some reason I'm not able to download the caches. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

I love this GPSr for the cache stuff!

Next I'm trying to figure the work around to get the caches.

Import loc or gps files into Geocache Manager, EasyGPS, or GSAK, and transfer to .gs file in geocache folder in your 210.

Embra, I can get them to the GPSr, but I'm trying to get Mapsend to pick them up to show on my PC. I want a larger picture representation of the area.

Next I'm trying to figure the work around to get the caches.

Import loc or gps files into Geocache Manager, EasyGPS, or GSAK, and transfer to .gs file in geocache folder in your 210.

Embra, I can get them to the GPSr, but I'm trying to get Mapsend to pick them up to show on my PC. I want a larger picture representation of the area.

Noticing that my changes to the email and sig aren't changed yet. What gives?

I got a clearer idea of what you want to do with Mapsend, but can you tell me where you're starting from with the cache POIs? Geocache Manager?

I have caches on my GPS that were uploaded from the Geocache Manager. I guess if I can put them on mapsend from either the Geocache Manager or the GPSr.

I do appreciate your help on this.

Mitch

OK, sounds like you're having to convert from a .gs format to something that T3D can read. Magellan doesn't seem to make that very easy for some reason (or maybe no reason). Probably the most straightforward way would be to use GPSBabel to convert the file. Although the program is command line driven (and thus a little tricky for some of us to execute properly), there are several GUI wrappers that smooth out the rough spots.

Another option is to use the free MapSend Lite download. MapSend Lite will load detail map files that you generate in other MapSend programs (e.g., T3D), and will also read .gs files directly. The drawback is that the default basemap has virtually no detail in it, and you can't see the detail map data until zoomed in pretty close. It may be possible to provide it a copy of your basemap from your GPS, but I haven't tried to do that.

Myself, I'd go with GPSBabel (a handy tool to have available).

Edit: Geocache Manager writes .gs files to the GPS, but it saves as .gpx. Thus if you find something to convert from gpx to wpt, that might open up some more options. I'd still probably go with GPSBabel.

Edited by embra