Ahh I guess I'll giva away a coin too!

Team Macha

I am making another contest and the first person to solve this riddle gets a coin. the riddle is as follows:

Mr. Moody grumbles about bad time-keeping trains from morning till night!. On one particular morning he was quiet justified. His train left on time for the one hour journey, to Clarksville, and it arrived 5 minutes late. However, Mr. Moody 's watch showed it to be 3 minutes early, so he adjusted his watch by putting it forward 3 minutes. His watch kept time during the day, and on the return journey in the evening the train started on time, according to his watch, and arrived on time, according to the station clock. If the train travelled 25 percent faster on the return journey than it did on the morning journey, was the station clock fast or slow, and by how much?

You will only get one guess per 1/2 hour and if you guess more than that I will disqualify you. The hint is that it is between 0 and 30 minutes.

may the best solver win.

I have three coins to give away so there will be another contest so don't worry if you lose. And the coin is trackable and sold out to the best of my knowledge.

May the games begin!

Have I stumped everyone that bad? geez guys cmon it's not that hard I mean I got it without looking at the answer first. I guess I'll have to make the next one a little easier. Oh well. :P

I'm just kidding I had no idea what the answer was but now that I look at it the answer that was given doesn't seem right. idk if no one gets it is a while I will change the riddle. (I hear cheering in the background hmm)

Have I stumped everyone that bad? geez guys cmon it's not that hard I mean I got it without looking at the answer first. I guess I'll have to make the next one a little easier. Oh well. :P

I'm just kidding I had no idea what the answer was but now that I look at it the answer that was given doesn't seem right. idk if no one gets it is a while I will change the riddle. (I hear cheering in the background hmm)

does taht mean 3 fast is wrong?

edit: guess not judging from your post above

Edited by ByrnedFish

Justification:

the speed of the train in the morning is d/65 minutes

the speed of the train in the night is 1.25d/65 minutes

time from the morning is 65 minutes b/c it arrived 5 mintues late

the time it took to go back is d=rt or t = r/d

t= (1.25d/65)d = 65/1.25 = 52 mintues

his watch before he changes it is 8 minutes slow

when he puts it foward 3 minutes its still slow by 5 minutes

the actual trip took 55 minutes since his watch was slow by 5 minutes and it took an hour

it should have been 52 minutes

the clock was fast by 3 minutes

wow, tahts a toughy, needed help from a math wiz buddy