Merry Christmas - one more give away

Mystery Ink

Ok, just got home and it seems like most everybody is tossing out a few coins, so why not us to.

It is 9:05 Pm here, will let this run for 1 hour till 10:05

One coin - Limited Glow DNF coin

for the person that has posted the most dnf's

One coin - Limited Glow Found It coin

for the person with the most caches placed

I now have 363 total caches placed and Who knows how many DNFs but after over 8000 finds I know I have had quite a few, maybe up in the 1000 range! [:laughing:]

Need to be posted DNF's

Sorry, never kept up with the exact number of DNF's, After all....No points for the frownies. LOL

But I do have 363 caches placed....:laughing:

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I like to post my dnf's as they let the owner know someone is trying, or that there may be an issue, and the stories, can't beat them..

Exactly.. Recently I went to find a cache that hasn't been logged in 6 months.. It wasn't there.. No one ever logged a DNF and the owner didn't know it was gone..

Saw this last night but did not post because we have only been caching a year and knew our DNF count could not compete with others. We have 16 posted DNFs and we had a couple locals this weekend that are toughies and require further searching. We always post a DNF when we are in an area we are not going back to. Some have turned out to have been muggled and they are eventually archived but a few are still there and are beckoning us back. Locally, we will look once and if we cannot find it a 2nd time we give props to the owner and post our DNF hopefully indicating that we have looked and looked. :D My favorite of our DNFs required us to walk over water (not on a bridge) and search a small island. This was this log:

"Wow! Totally cool. Did things today never thought we would do. Can't believe where we put our hands. Oh and watch out for cacti. Loved the place. So do fisher muggles as they showed up on our way back. The hunt was tough. We DNF, but strangely, we are ok with that."

Our very first - 2 actually - geocache searches were DNFs. They were nanos and we had zero idea of what we were looking for. Not knowing how hard nanos are to find, we really thought we were a lost cause and we would have to retire the GPS to the draw and give it up. Luckily our daughter found the next cache we sought so we knew we were not totally hopeless. Eventually we made it back and found the nanos and have even hidden a couple of our own. Gotta give back to the community and all, right? :D

DNF logs are fun. When you score a find where an experienced cacher has posted a DNF you feel better about all your other DNFs. :o And if you still DNF that one - at least you know you are in good company.

We celebrated our one year geocacching anniversary yesterday with a Santa multi-cache around the house. Doesn't get any better than that. Kids thought it was amazing. Happy Holidays all.

DNF logs are fun. When you score a find where an experienced cacher has posted a DNF you feel better about all your other DNFs. :laughing: And if you still DNF that one - at least you know you are in good company.

We celebrated our one year geocacching anniversary yesterday with a Santa multi-cache around the house. Doesn't get any better than that. Kids thought it was amazing. Happy Holidays all.

Love your pics in the gallery, Thanks for sharing

:D