Geocaching Christmas Gifts

R.O.B

External Antenna for my Garmin GPSMap 76. I asked for one for my pickup, since it does not get good reception inside the cab. Tonight when I came home from work I got 12 satellites DGPS inside my metal roofed garage! Really -- 12 under a metal roof -- no exaggeration!

By mistake, my wife got shipped two antennae, only got billed for one. We were going to send one back, but I found a use for the second one (wife's car came with a GPS nav system built in, so I do not need it for her car). When I put the antenna atop my hiking stick I get fantastic signal in a local narrow canyon bottom with thick canopy where before I got no signal with the unit alone. Since the first one is now more-or-less permanently wired into my truck I will the use the other one as a portable.

I found my father a bronze plaque with his Lat/Lon that he hung on his chimney- and he loves it. Found the plaque on http://www.longitudestore.com and service was great. Cheaper than other websites that sell plaques like US Bronze by about $100. The site uses google satellite and I was able to get the exact coordinates of his chimney. Looks really cool. What can you get the man who has everything anyway? :(