Geocaching Christmas Gifts

R.O.B

:laughing:-->

QUOTE(R.O.B @ Dec 24 2006, 06:22 PM) 2626151[/snapback]

Ok everybody, let's hear what you got for Christmas that was geocaching related.

Geez!! According to NORAD Santa tracker, at www.noradsanta.org, the Jolly Old Elf hasn't even hit the East Coast of the United States yet, and you want to know what we got already? Hell, he won't even be here in Alaska for another 5 hours.

BUTTTTTTT, since you asked, I have it on pretty good authority that Santa will be bring me a new Palm Tungsten E2!!! :mad:

Alright share with us what you got for Christmas that you will be using for geocaching..

I got a Palm T/X and a leatherman. Now I'm ready for paperless caching and cutting my way into the thickest of woods to find the cache.

Merry Christmas all

Edited by scnascar

I got a Garmin GPSMap 60CSx.

Now I can't wait to go and try it out.

Me too. Been toying with it in the kitchen. Has 8 sats solid indoors. Amazing.

I was pretty sure I was getting it. So sure in fact that I ordered a 1 gig card that was shipped Saturday. Can't wait to get that so I can load maps.

Also got a new neoprene case. The one I have on my 60CS is a bit worn. Or should I say in tatters and held together with duct tape.

Mrs. Bulldog picked up on my not-so-subtle hints and got me a 60Cx, plus an ammo can, cache goodies, and 2 bison tubes. She made me work for them though.

There was a tiny gift bag hidden in the Christmas tree with a bison tube inside. Inside the tube was a set of encrypted coordinates that I had to solve. After 5 minutes, I was wandering around my neighborhood in my pajamas. Soon found another bison tube with more coordinates encrypted with a different cipher. These led me to a spot in my back yard, where I found the wrapped 60Cx.

I have a good wife.

My daughter made up and gave me a cache repair kit. It's in a small tackle box and contains two tubes of super glue, two black Sharpies, two silver Sharpies for writing on black surfaces, a couple feet of velcro, two feet of magnetic tape, four one inch square magnets with tape on one side, eight round magnets about the size of a nickle and ten small round magnets, a dozen or so mini 2x3 ziploc baggies and a dozen or so 3x5 ziploc baggies. I thought it was a great present!

I got the Complete Idiots Guide to Geocaching book....since I have been caching for 2-3 years and I know Geocaching pretty well, I figured I would take it with me on cache runs and use it as my device to explain my actions to the mugglers who cause grief to the innocent.

Also, I got a COM port to AUTOMATICALLY get caches into my GPS and PALM from GSAK instead of typing each and every one of them blasted numbers into my Vista as I have done for the past 950 caches. I think my next thousand caches is going to be a breeze now!!!!!!

Oh, and one more thing that I got......A 20 pack of AA batteries! That was special to me in so many ways....not many people can open a Xmas gift and find so much joy in AA batteries. I DID!!!!!!

So, that was my christmas! Had a great one

The big guy brought me a Palm T/X to replace a T-5 that was never right. Actually it was about four T-5s if you count the numerous returns. The last one finally crapped out completely, wouldnt turn on, and when it did would lock up in about 15 seconds. Junk I tell you. Hopefully the X will treat me better. I've been using an ancient M505 out of the drawer, but those things have raised buttons and like to turn on in your pocket.

Thanks, Santa. CacheMate duly installed, and about 1400 caches loaded.

Santa got me a pair of FRS/GMRS rechargeable radios. Gotta go to bed, though, as I need to get up in 5 hours to get ready to leave for my annual winter trip to Canada in 6 hours (4am).

Got the laptop, GPS and Palm Pilot all ready to go, will be trying out the radios when I get there (unless my daughter and her friend drain the batteries playing with them on the way).

Good night and a happy new year to all!

I was surprised.....last year I got a bunch of Geo goodies. Oh well. Im told I can get a new top for my jeep, so I can drive it YEAR round, and my husband bought me this huge kit with some serious cordless power tools, 5 in all, to use on my cache making. Oh yeah, and Im not holding my breath, but as the caching stuff is overflowing the house, my auto, and several other places, hes going to build me a own ceocache room to store all the stuff I have EVERYWHERE to make caches. It will go to GOOD use!

I will chime in. I got 10 bison containers for multi stage, 2 50 cal ammo cans, spray paint for said cache containers, 40 swag items from compasses, emergency blankets, rain ponchos, emergency whistles with compasses and waterproof match holders built in, carabiners, flashlights with batteries and some other assorted swag goodies that I can not remember off the top of my head right now. (I just got home from a long day at work[1:00am]). I also received a rain poncho for myself, and a good sized “fanny pack”/water bottle holder. Oh, I almost forgot, I got 16 rechargeable AA batteries and 4 rechargeable AAA’s.

Hmmmm, I guess Santa knows me pretty well :o

My daughter made up and gave me a cache repair kit. It's in a small tackle box and contains two tubes of super glue, two black Sharpies, two silver Sharpies for writing on black surfaces, a couple feet of velcro, two feet of magnetic tape, four one inch square magnets with tape on one side, eight round magnets about the size of a nickle and ten small round magnets, a dozen or so mini 2x3 ziploc baggies and a dozen or so 3x5 ziploc baggies. I thought it was a great present!

What no duct tape!

:o-->

QUOTE(R.O.B @ Dec 24 2006, 07:22 PM) 2626151[/snapback]

Ok everybody, let's hear what you got for Christmas that was geocaching related.

I got a nice pair of steel toes hiking boots, a set of buck knives, a flashlight, and a compass. I even gave away some geocaching presents to my boys who love to go with me. One of the gifts they both got was camo'd decon kits with some swag.