2007 for 2007

Sagefox

This is an interesting and unanticipated coincidence for us. We reached 2007 finds just in time to greet the year 2007.

Six months back my goal was to reach 2k by the end of the year. I did that on a short overnight business trip to UC Davis a couple of weeks ago. Then an unexpected day trip to Santa Rosa came up Friday and I had time for a handful of finds before heading back home. 300 miles and 6 caches later I realized the significance of our find count. We live 2.5 hours, one-way, from any area with significant cache resources so it is difficult to arrange a condition like this.

I wonder how often this has happened in the geocaching world over the past few year-ends? I tried searches for "year end find count" and "new year find count" but didn't get logical results.

I suppose I could go ahead and hit 2007 in the next seven days....if I have to. :laughing:

I highly recommend it - it's a once in a geo-lifetime event. That is, unless we reduce our find rate to one per year and I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Congrats to you too. This 2k number has a nice ring to it.

I highly recommend it - it's a once in a geo-lifetime event. That is, unless we reduce our find rate to one per year and I'm not ready to do that just yet.

Certain "helpful" family members made that suggestion to me a few weeks ago. I told them...well..uhhh...

<------- pretty much that. :mad:

I dunno....I'm at 2002 right now...that means only FIVE finds for the next week....hmmm...I might have to fudge a little bit. :laughing:

Bret

Certain "helpful" family members made that suggestion to me a few weeks ago.

It is very important that you do not listen to those people. They are not really your family members. They are disguised as family but have actually been assigned to you by the forces of a parallel universe to distract you from your geocaching duties.

I just got find #16 yesterday (on Christmas day!)... I guess I'd better bust a move...

Considering I work 70 hours a week (or more) that's not bad considering I just started doing this in September.... a good way to force myself outside and moving around, and something to do some bonding with my kids :P

I'll be happy to hit 100 in 2007.

The journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step.

-Ancient Chinese Proverb

Jenn

Got my 250th yesterday and decided to end the year with that nice round number. Took two years to get there, logging 200 finds in 2005 and only 50 more all of last year (but I wrote and published a 430-page novel in that year, too!)

I plan to sell my business and retire in February, leaving lots more time for writing and caching among other fun pursuits. Can't wait.

Well, I did my 2006th today. Looking forward to 2007 tomorrow. I've got a couple in mind, but I'll have to see what works out with the time I've got.

There's actually a cache 400 feet down the road from me and I could easily log it right at midnight tonight, however as you can see from my "needs maintenance" log, I've loudly promised to log it in the middle of the worst snowstorm of the year. Since it's 60 degrees today that might be a little too much to hope for tonight! :anibad:

Bret

On one of the cache stats sites last Friday I noticed that there were several people with the possibility of matching CYBret's accomplishment. We were away from home for the year end/new year and I couldn't get to the internet to check out what might have happened for all those people.

I, myself, actually messed the whole thing up - twice. First by finding number 2007 before year's end. And then by not greeting 2007 with 2007 finds. There were these three caches down the coast on our way to our New Year's Eve overnight and I they just HAD to be found. It's not really my fault... they have to be found... don't they?

I DID IT! After obsessing about this for two years ,and watching my numbers all the way, I managed to log # 2008 yesterday on the last day of the year and #2009 this morning, as the first cache of 2009. ;)

I do not plan to wait 365 days to find another cache.

Way to go Neva! Maybe for 2010 you can try to hide 1975 more caches or move 1710 more trackables. ;)

I DID IT! After obsessing about this for two years ,and watching my numbers all the way, I managed to log # 2008 yesterday on the last day of the year and #2009 this morning, as the first cache of 2009. :P

I do not plan to wait 365 days to find another cache.

Way to go Neva! Maybe for 2010 you can try to hide 1975 more caches or move 1710 more trackables. ;)

Considering her love of trackables, she just might be able to do that!

She needs a new obsession for the next year.... ;)