GARMIN and MAGELLAN cutting back

FlagFinder

Garmin and Magellan are cutting back on units!

one day i was reading ads in the paper and noticed many extreme sales on units so i went online to the site and noticed maggelan cut back on the meridians yet some places still have them in stock. also Garmin has just recently cut the etrex vista c and etrex legend C and they still can be purchased at your local retailer.

so this forum is for your info.

but finally lets make a dream GPS if you made a gps wut features would it have?

i would want sattilite radio. how bout you?

I want one that will read outside temp. and display it in a graph like the altimiter page on a garmin. And since this is a wish list why not add humidity and the ability to overlay the graphs so you could see the temp decrease compared to elevation gain etc.

BTW: The vista C and Legend C were replaced by the Cx models. Why be limited to 24mb when you can have expandable memory for basicly the same price.

A GPS that can read pocket queries! It's so simple programming and yet they just don't understand we want it!

Garmin has had GPSes that'll read PQ's for over a year. Copy a PQ to a Nuvi, C5x0, or Zumo class product and it'll eat them right up. But since both Garmin and Magellan ship (Windows) software that reads GPX files these days, it's not really that bad for most users.

I want a gps that can take the various maps they make for them and display them all at the same time with the ability to tun various layers off if you don't want them.

But this is already possible.

Just make e.g. your topo maps transparent and activate them together with Citynavigator.

Then you will have both on your display.

I do that since I started using the topo maps (used only CN at first).

How about a digital camera that will tag photos with cords? There are a lot of things I'd like in my electronics, but this would be the best feature to use for geocaching.

I think these are already on the market, the local government has them for several types

of land use planning. Don't know what the cost is. :P

I want a "forward" view that displays something like this when you scroll in any direction:

sample_3dviews_new_small.jpg

And if we are really dreaming here, I too want the temperature/humidity/barometric features already mentioned combined with a realtime NEXRAD and IR satellite image delivered via cell technology to overlay on the "weather" screen.

I want a "forward" view that displays something like this when you scroll in any direction:

And if we are really dreaming here, I too want the temperature/humidity/barometric features already mentioned combined with a realtime NEXRAD and IR satellite image delivered via cell technology to overlay on the "weather" screen.

THANKS GARMIN!!!! I love this feature on the new Colorado 400t!!!!

sc-02-lg.jpg

We're about half way there from what I was invisioning . . . but this is a good incremental development in mapping on the handheld!

Now let's get to work on the second half of my suggestion!!! :anibad:

Garmin and Magellan are cutting back on units!

one day i was reading ads in the paper and noticed many extreme sales on units so i went online to the site and noticed maggelan cut back on the meridians yet some places still have them in stock. also Garmin has just recently cut the etrex vista c and etrex legend C and they still can be purchased at your local retailer.

so this forum is for your info.

but finally lets make a dream GPS if you made a gps wut features would it have?

i would want sattilite radio. how bout you?

I can't believe nobody responded to that. It already exists on the Bushnell 400cr.

I want a gps that can take the various maps they make for them and display them all at the same time with the ability to tun various layers off if you don't want them.

But this is already possible.

Just make e.g. your topo maps transparent and activate them together with Citynavigator.

Then you will have both on your display.

I do that since I started using the topo maps (used only CN at first).

Closest GPS units: Magellan Triton 2000, Delorme PN-20, Bushnell 400cr and as noted Garmin has a a way of doing this.

Magellan Meridian Platinum has the sensors for temp and barometer. Bushnell 400cr has satellite capability for weather overlays.

Edited by TotemLake