"Can't_Unlock_Map" Message

shivia

Hello all. I received my new 60csx from Garmin replacing my old unit which had many problem auto-shutdown. In my new one, at power up, I immediatly obtain this message: "Can't Unlock Map - Enter". Even I insert my old microSD card already have the City Navagator v.8, I can't switch to it.

- What can I do to remove this message and have access to my microSD card for showing CN v.8?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by shivia

- I just register my 2nd unit. The updated information is accepted by Garmin. Now, should I erase ALL existing maps on my microSD card and reload the new one that can be seen by my new unit?

No, your loaded maps should now be seen if you sucessfully unlocked them using your 2nd code.

- I just register my 2nd unit. The updated information is accepted by Garmin. Now, should I erase ALL existing maps on my microSD card and reload the new one that can be seen by my new unit?

My guess would be that you will have to reload the maps on the sd card in the new unit. I may be wrong. You'll have to try and let us know.

El Diablo

Before much time goes by, I'd highly recomment calling Garmin and having them reset your account to allow another activation, because now if you were to upgrade you couldn't use mapsource on the new unit because you've used your 2 unlocks. Garmin is great for support and will gladly do this for free.

Before much time goes by, I'd highly recomment calling Garmin and having them reset your account to allow another activation, because now if you were to upgrade you couldn't use mapsource on the new unit because you've used your 2 unlocks. Garmin is great for support and will gladly do this for free.

- you're right. I must call them to reset my account. Because my 2nd unit is not really the second: it's only a replacement of the first "broken"one. In case of for future, may be I have to register the "3rd" one.