Found Caches in Pocket Query

G & E

I've noticed that my regular pocket query has started including some found caches. Usually I recognize it and don't go to it, but occasionally I only realize what has happened after I try and log it. Is this related to some recent problems with the web site? The latest pocket query came in Thursday this week, December 21 and it definitely had found queries. I have the criteria "caches that I've not found" checked off.

I've noticed that my regular pocket query has started including some found caches. Usually I recognize it and don't go to it, but occasionally I only realize what has happened after I try and log it. Is this related to some recent problems with the web site? The latest pocket query came in Thursday this week, December 21 and it definitely had found queries. I have the criteria "caches that I've not found" checked off.

How old are the finds??

You don't also have some other additional criteria selected do you? Such as "caches on my watchlist" or "updated in the last 7 days" or something else that might cause it?

These options are "AND"... So checking the I Haven't Found should never return anything thats been found..

My thought would be that (its been stated before, don't know if its still true) that the PQ's run off a backup of the main database and if the caches were very recently found, that may not be reflected in the backup database.

Remember here about two or three months ago that PQ's weren't returning new caches?? Same type of problem.

Edited by Potato Finder

How old are the finds??

The two that I know of for certain are both in November. They were Nov 20, 2006 (GCYMPG) and Nov 18, 2006 (GCRJV4). I haven't changed anything in my pocket query and have used it for a long time. There are no unusual criteria. The main criteria that applies to this is that they are still active and not found by me. Most of my finds are not being returned (in other words, it's working properly for the most part) but it is really strange that those two would be sent as unfound caches when I've logged them. That's just never happened before.

How old are the finds??

The two that I know of for certain are both in November. They were Nov 20, 2006 (GCYMPG) and Nov 18, 2006 (GCRJV4). I haven't changed anything in my pocket query and have used it for a long time. There are no unusual criteria. The main criteria that applies to this is that they are still active and not found by me. Most of my finds are not being returned (in other words, it's working properly for the most part) but it is really strange that those two would be sent as unfound caches when I've logged them. That's just never happened before.

I think he was more curious how you didn't realize you'd already found them before.. ;)

You don't also have some other additional criteria selected do you? Such as "caches on my watchlist" or "updated in the last 7 days" or something else that might cause it?

These options are "AND"... So checking the I Haven't Found should never return anything thats been found..

My thought would be that (its been stated before, don't know if its still true) that the PQ's run off a backup of the main database and if the caches were very recently found, that may not be reflected in the backup database.

Remember here about two or three months ago that PQ's weren't returning new caches?? Same type of problem.

That's true and I should've realized that. Weird behavior, but with the finds being a month+ old, I don't have any ideas.

Have you tried to run the PQ again (or preview it) to see if they show up again?