Problem running CacheMate on Pocket PC ?

dgc808

Hi all, Just got a Pocket PC a few weeks ago and had CacheMate running on it last week (Just the trial version). Since then i have been trying to get satnav software running on it (which finally i have) so then i bought the full version of CacheMate but when i install it on my Pocket PC it will not run ! I get the little cursor flash up on the screen when the pocket pc runs programs but the CacheMate program will not run. Any help greatly received.

Cheers DGC808

To quote the cachemate web site:

CacheMate - Known Issues

Version 1.2.1 and Pocket PC 2002

For some reason, some change in 1.2.1 has made it suddenly incompatible with some, but apparently not all, Pocket PC 2002 devices (it crashes on startup, or doesn't start at all). Until the problem can be figured out, there are two choices if you're having this problem... 1) lend me your PDA so that I can see what's going on or 2) use version 1.2.0 instead.

This might be your problem. Alternatively I seem to remeber that you need to uninstal the old version of cachemate before installing a new version, so that may be worth trying uninstalling and re-installing.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, I tried uninstalling the cachemate i had on my pda and then re-installed it but with no luck. Could you point me in the direction of the 1.2.0 version as i can not seem to find it on the Smitty website or else where.

Cheers DGC8

The link to download Cachemate 1.2.0 can be found on this page.

:D:D Thanks for that link Stora ! Tried the CacheMate-1.2.0 and it works fine :D . At last i am totally paper free got (Memory Map, CacheMate, Etrex GPSr, Satnav) so watch out Cache's here i come ! :o

Cheers DGC808

Hi, I tried uninstalling the cachemate i had on my pda and then re-installed it but with no luck. Could you point me in the direction of the 1.2.0 version as i can not seem to find it on the Smitty website or else where.

Cheers DGC8

The link to download Cachemate 1.2.0 can be found on this page.