Ammo Can Gaskets

If it's convenient, I'd return the defective can. If it's not worth the drive, you've got a great red herring. I have an ammo can hide with 3 dead (burnt, rusted out and defective lid) ammo cans in the vicinity. People enjoy it.

The real hide is a bit on the tough side - the defective cans are fairly conspicuous under piles of sticks or pine straw.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

If it's convenient, I'd return the defective can. If it's not worth the drive, you've got a great red herring. I have an ammo can hide with 3 dead (burnt, rusted out and defective lid) ammo cans in the vicinity. People enjoy it.

The real hide is a bit on the tough side - the defective cans are fairly conspicuous under piles of sticks or pine straw.

If I read that right, you have three "not it" hides in the vacinity of the real one. I have seen a cache with one, and we have a local cache here with a fake pile of rocks.

Hikergps pointed out an oversight in my suggestion. I acknowledged his insight in this thread then emailed him a story that I thought was funny but off topic. His reply to that email suggested that I share it with the class. So here goes.

Email to Hikergps,

"Didn't want to hijack a thread so I'll clutter up your email instead.

When I was younger my dad owned an auto shop. We had a customer who decided to replace the head gasket on his Ford P/U himself. "How hard can it be?" he said.

About three weeks later I got a call to tow the truck to our shop. He used about five pounds of RTV silicone to assemble the top end. He made it about ten miles down the road before the silicone goo plugged up every oil port in the engine. What he had left was a 300 cubic inch 6 cylinder Ford boat anchor.

I have been known to say that silicone and starting fluid should be by prescription only, you should need a note from your mechanic to purchase it."

Hope you all enjoy it as much as he seems to have.

Hikergps, I trust they grew back?

Hikergps pointed out an oversight in my suggestion. I acknowledged his insight in this thread then emailed him a story that I thought was funny but off topic. His reply to that email suggested that I share it with the class. So here goes.

Email to Hikergps,

"Didn't want to hijack a thread so I'll clutter up your email instead.

When I was younger my dad owned an auto shop. We had a customer who decided to replace the head gasket on his Ford P/U himself. "How hard can it be?" he said.

About three weeks later I got a call to tow the truck to our shop. He used about five pounds of RTV silicone to assemble the top end. He made it about ten miles down the road before the silicone goo plugged up every oil port in the engine. What he had left was a 300 cubic inch 6 cylinder Ford boat anchor.

I have been known to say that silicone and starting fluid should be by prescription only, you should need a note from your mechanic to purchase it."

Hope you all enjoy it as much as he seems to have.

Hikergps, I trust they grew back?

It also does a great job plugging up radiators.