Road trip series of event caches idea

Sparrowhawk

Sometime in 2007 I am moving to Nevada. I plan to drive there by the most remote 2-lane roads I can find, and take a much longer time than usual to get there in order to enjoy the journey.

Crazy idea du jour: set up a series of event caches, planned well ahead, in small remote towns along the route. Call 'em "Road Trip Stop #1" "Road Trip Stop #2", etc. Basically a series of event caches named by number in order of when I expect to be there after the previous event.

Basically it's an excuse to meet a whole lotta cachers in their local area along my route as I meander along, bringing travel bugs and whatever fun stuff I find as I travel on through.

Maybe I could make an effort before I go to find some TBs who would appreciate a good road trip.

Cool idea or somehow... I dunno... (insert random negative thought here)?

Also... if it IS a good idea, how would approval work for an event cache I want to set up maybe 600 miles away? That sounds like a difficult thing to approve since I wouldn't live there.

Maybe have a blog page with pics and video too... that could be fun.

Feedback please. :o

Edited by Sparrowhawk