Musical Impressions CD TB

mgbmusic

I weas thinking about releasing a CD of a song I wrote (instrumental, kinda orchestral) with no tag (tracking number on the CD and instructions in the liner notes) with instructions saying something to the effect of -

This is a musical impressions TB. The goal of this bug is reach reach as many people as possbile and have them listen to the song. Then, instead of writing about the adventures or movements of the CD, rather write aobut what the song makes you think/feel/etc. It's not looking for "I liked it" or "I didn't like it" but more of overall impressions it creates.

To "discover" the Bug, it asks for a log entry of the same. It'd rather you just write the number down and post, but if this were to travel to an event, and played for the entire group, feel free to discover it."

Any thoughts on

A) The idea itself.

:o The requirements/text

?

--MGb

I should add that this is a song I wrote for fun and it's not to promote anything or any cd sales or anything. This song remains and will always remain on my hard drive (TB notwithstanding), and will probably be played throught Germany once they get their hands on it, but that's it...:o

My main concern is that certain items don't travel well, that is even with a tag people sometimes still think 'swag item'. (I can give examples)

Without a tag really, really make sure you advertise that it is a Travel Bug, as loud as you can make. I can just see researching the lost TB and finding an cache log entry of 'Took cd, left golfball'.

Other than that I think it sounds grerat.

My main concern is that certain items don't travel well, that is even with a tag people sometimes still think 'swag item'. (I can give examples)

Without a tag really, really make sure you advertise that it is a Travel Bug, as loud as you can make. I can just see researching the lost TB and finding an cache log entry of 'Took cd, left golfball'.

Other than that I think it sounds grerat.

You think there'd be a golf ball????

SOLD!

--MGb

Although the GC handbook states how you are supposed to "handle a TB with care" and all such rules, this TB MAY have problems! First, a CD is a bit large even for most regulars (save a large ammo box or lock&lock)...and even a large ammo box might be pretty full. I can just imagine someone "stuffing " the CD into a cache.

Second, a CD is easily scratched! Even a CD in a case will be taken out and played (or worse). I just don't know how long one like that will be playable! With all the care you will undoubtedly take, this will still happen eventually! MOST of us will be careful, but you always run the risk of it being found by a less than respectful person, an accident prone person or something like that. Mom and pop may not realize it's a TB, let the kids play with the "shiny disc" in the back seat on the way home and find out later after it's too late.

First, a CD is a bit large even for most regulars (save a large ammo box or lock&lock

Second, a CD is easily scratched!

Two good points,. I could compensate for the size by using a business card cd - holds aobut 5-7 minutes of audio. THe scratching is another thing altogether. Tho the point of not sending the Tag would be so it could be easily replaced by burning another CD. The business card couldn't be played in a car stereo, but it has potential. I could also post the song on the web so if the CD does become scratched, it could be downloaded...hmm....many things to think about...much obliged...

--MGb

Any other thoughts or ideas?