GPS Crazy retailer

eagletrakker

If you have knowledge would you give me any information on GPS Crazy? Their website indicates they have been a licensed retail store for 6 years. But their address on maps.google.com shows them with in a duplex and pricegrabber shows they have been with them since 12/14/2006. Bizrate shows a poor rating. Are they legit?

I have nothing to say about GPS CRAZY, but wanted to mention that in these days of Internet business, only thing one needs is space for computer terminal.... No brick and mortar store front, no hulking warehouse, no forklifts, no shipping dept.... EVERYTHING can be out sourced or drop shipped...

BUT I would rely on any negative or positive consumer reports....

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

If you have knowledge would you give me any information on GPS Crazy? Their website indicates they have been a licensed retail store for 6 years. But their address on maps.google.com shows them with in a duplex and pricegrabber shows they have been with them since 12/14/2006. Bizrate shows a poor rating. Are they legit?

Their website domain was registered in September of this year, and the address does apear to be a private residence, not a store.

They have had one complaint lodged with the local Better Business Bureau this month.

Personally I would steer clear of these guys. Stick with a known site, like Amazon (who usually has pretty fair GPS prices) or GPS City.

You guys are harsh! I'm William, actually the owner of www.gpscrazy.com. We are, in fact, operating out of our home currently, but that's because we are in the process of changing retail locations. Our new store will be in Algonquin, IL and the grand opening will be in February. We just outgrew our old place. We do have a few negative reviews, but that's because of the Nuvi 660 shortage over the holidays. Garmin released them very slowly to control pricing on them.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.........

Thanks,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

You guys are harsh! I'm William, actually the owner of www.gpscrazy.com. We are, in fact, operating out of our home currently, but that's because we are in the process of changing retail locations. Our new store will be in Algonquin, IL and the grand opening will be in February. We just outgrew our old place. We do have a few negative reviews, but that's because of the Nuvi 660 shortage over the holidays. Garmin released them very slowly to control pricing on them.

Thanks,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

www.gpscrazy.com

By the way, we did have a delayed delivery issue that was filed with the BBB, but it was resolved once we received stock on the Nuvi 660.

Thanks,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

It looks like more than just a few negative reviews.

Not a "Getting Started" issue. Moving to "GPS Units and Software."

Ouch! Most are deserved, again, due to the issues with the Nuvi 660. There are some that are not legit and are being removed. We did receive some from customers in other countries(though it states on our website you must email us for international orders), and orders we cancelled because they wanted free shipping to Nigeria, China, and a few others. Bizrate is horrible because they do not check on any of the people leaving the reviews until you complain, and then it takes almost a month to get them removed.

We are a dealer and we do try to serve our customers are best we can.

Yep, I just ordered my second 60CSX (jealous of the one I got for my wife so had to get one for me too!!) from GPSOnsale. Their price is cheaper than anyone else I found. Shipped right away.

GPSCrazy claims to match prices but did not respond to my email asking if they would match GPSOnsale's price.

I've had REALLY good luck with www.gpsonsale.com - bought 4 of them in the last few months - best price I found - they all shipped on time as expected... can't reccomend them enough!

I've just recently completed a purchase of a Garmin 76CSx through GPS Crazy. I was VERY satisfied with both the price and service. I've already recommended them to several friends and sent a complementary email to the GPS Crazy customer service email.

These guys are on the level and committed to their customers. Every business has complaints. I've learned over the years that if an e-tailer has 100% positive ratings, they are new or scamming.

GPS Crazy went to the trouble and expense of becoming an authorized dealer for every brand and model that they sell. Not all do. I've also had warranty problems with purchases not made through authorized dealers.

I've already told William this, but GPS Crazy gets all my business for all my GPS related needs. I recommend them to friends and family now.

I recommend them to you!

Sincerely,

Dan Brooks

Herndon, VA

aka Caltain

I've just recently completed a purchase of a Garmin 76CSx through GPS Crazy. I was VERY satisfied with both the price and service. I've already recommended them to several friends and sent a complementary email to the GPS Crazy customer service email.

These guys are on the level and committed to their customers. Every business has complaints. I've learned over the years that if an e-tailer has 100% positive ratings, they are new or scamming.

GPS Crazy went to the trouble and expense of becoming an authorized dealer for every brand and model that they sell. Not all do. I've also had warranty problems with purchases not made through authorized dealers.

I've already told William this, but GPS Crazy gets all my business for all my GPS related needs. I recommend them to friends and family now.

I recommend them to you!

Lets see... Account created 3 days AFTER this thread was started, this users first post, and user has no other activity (no found caches or anything)...

Gee, what should I think of this posting...

If your trying to gain credit with the group, I'm not sure this is the best way to do it...

Well, well, well. If wonders never cease. GPSCrazy.com. Let me tell you a little story, a cautionary tale.

I planned to buy the wife the new eXplorist 500 (um, that's not a Nuvi 660) that she wanted for Christmas, so after doing the reasonably thorough research that I usually do before making such a purchase, I find that gpscrazy.com has them for the low, low price of $189.99 with free shipping. What a bargain! So I order one on Dec 2 and pay via paypal. No confirmation email and no email regarding shipping. First bad sign.

A few days go by and I send an email. Nothing. Another email. Nothing. More days go by. I leave several messages on their customer service line, home phone, cell phone, call me immediately. Nothing. More emails, more messages, nothing. Finally, after two weeks of ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION from them, I find what appears to be a related website and email stating that failure to immediately provide a refund will result in a complaint to paypal. In what can only be described as a Christmas Miracle, I received a full refund the next day. Took the money straight to the nearest sporting goods store and paid $199 plus tax and left with new eXplorist 500 and a smile on my face.

To graphically illustrate: gpscrazy.com <_< , Nearest sporting goods store :D

I'm not really interested in whatever reasons or excuses there might be for this happening, I just know that I learned a little lesson in e-commerce and will be much more of a believer in those bizrate.com ratings that I tended to ignore before.

There are several words for people like you, but the usage agreement prevents me from using any but "cynical."

Yes, my account was created 3 days after this thread was started. I placed my order on the 23rd and didn't get it until Thursday the 28th. You wanna check my receipt?

Don't impune the honesty of a person you don't know. It's just plain not nice.

Not incidentally, I don't feel the need to gain credit with any online forum. I have no reason to believe that I am more or less qualified to comment on any issue than anyone else here.

Sincerely,

Dan Brooks

Lets see... Account created 3 days AFTER this thread was started, this users first post, and user has no other activity (no found caches or anything)...

Gee, what should I think of this posting...

If your trying to gain credit with the group, I'm not sure this is the best way to do it...

Edited by caltain

Have not experience with GPS Crazy, however, I did just complete a GPS purchase through PCNation. Very good prices, prompt shipping... I'd use them again.

I totally agree with you on PCNation. Just got my 60csx from them last month. They even called me to confirm that I had actually placed the order on my credit card before they shipped it.

Edited by roadrage64

There are several words for people like you, but the usage agreement prevents me from using any but "cynical."

Yes, my account was created 3 days after this thread was started. I placed my order on the 23rd and didn't get it until Thursday the 28th. You wanna check my receipt?

Don't impune the honesty of a person you don't know. It's just plain not nice.

Not incidentally, I don't feel the need to gain credit with any online forum. I have no reason to believe that I am more or less qualified to comment on any issue than anyone else here.

Sincerely,

Dan Brooks

Hmmm.... and hasn't logged back onto GC.com since.

For what it's worth, I recently came across the ebay account for gpscrazy.com. It racked up a string of bad feedback before ebay killed it. I also checked with Garmin and they are not on their list of authorized dealers. Stick with reputable dealers.

So I order one on Dec 2 and pay via paypal. No confirmation email and no email regarding shipping. First bad sign.

Must have changed it as they dont except paypal anymore.

Was thinking about buying from here (free shipping to Canada) but no paypal option, so I didnt. (lucky me :))

I usually stick with local, hands on purchases for GpsRs, last 2 have been with Dick's Sporting Goods. Although, I do see many good looking deals via internet. Either way, I have found that the big retailers usually do not have a problem price matching other retailers, just show them in print. My Co. being one as well (Auto not GPS). For extras, such as cases, cords, antennas and the likes I usually use ebay; mostly GPSGEEK. I have no exp. with GPS Crazy, maybe that is a good thing - I dunno.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about GPSCrazy.com

Searching for a unit i was interested in. Found it on their site for $30 less than anywhere else. (Which the other places had for a great price.)

Wondered if this was a legit company or just someone out there to take my money.

Looked for the BBB logo. (Didn't find it.) So i clicked on their link to the "Internet Trade Bureau" (Although i had never heard of this before.) They have been a member for less than 10 days. - Flag went up.

Found their store info on one of those sites that show the prices of items from all these different retailers. No reviews on their site. Nothing. Just created. - Flag #2

Noticed the image claiming to be "Magellan Authorized Dealer".

-------->So i called their number- they have privacy manager. - Flag#3

--------->emailed them asking for more info on them being a authorized dealer of these items. Like maybe their Magellan rep i could call. Received an auto reply stating the email would be answered within 24 hours. Its been well over 24 hours and no reply. - Flag #4

-------->Called Magellan asking if they were an authorized dealer as advertised. Magellan denied them being an authorized dealer. - Flag#5

Checked their info with the BBB. Not a member with i think 5 complaints against them. -Flag #6

Website just registered 11.17.06 - Not sure if that's a flag but a bit suspicious.

I decided against buying from them. I agree with "Shawnct" about just wanting to buy locally in most cases. Just went back and swapped my defective unit at Walmart and decided against buying on-line. (Although i know there are some great on-line stores out there.)

Just wanted to share in case anyone was tempted by their low prices. This info may be helpful.

Generally, I eschew purchases from any firm with the word "Crazy" in its name. This is especially true for health care services ("Bubba's Crazy Orthodontics, P.C."), financial services ("Crazy Larry's Hedge Fund") and child services ("Krissy's Krazy Kinder-Care").

funny.

People are very critical of new etailers, and that is understood. We are fairly new to the internet, and we think we have worked out most issues we have had. We are honest people that went to the internet to increase sales and business picked up somewhat quicker than we expected. I, the owner, am actually an independant rep. that typically sells to small retail store in the area(running stores, etc.). If you would like to check if we are authorized for any of the respective manufacturers, our legal name is BN Electronics. This is actually something we are trying to fix with the manufacturers, so we are listed as GPS Crazy.

Just an FYI.

Thanks,

William

President

GPS Crazy, Inc.

William, I visited gpscrazy.com today shopping for my first gps. I noticed in your signature here, that it says "Best Prices and Always FREE Shipping!" However, when I added anything to my cart (which all sites now require you to do to see the price), shipping charges were added to my item. Usually $14.99 for a GPS unit. Has your policy changed? I didn't actually buy yet, so if the shipping charges are subtracted later, then end of discussion.

The prices are very competitive. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from gpscrazy using a credit card. A chargeback is always possible if the transaction doesn't go well. That's one of the reasons to use a CC.

Edited by Turbobuick86

I have purchased my last 2 GPS's from Ebay. That being said I did my homework first to make sure that the sellers had good feedback and had been around for a while. I think if you do your research you can be fairly confident you wont get stung. GPSCrazy may be a reputable firm, but until I see a lot more positive results I don't think I would take a chance.

We did, in fact, change our policies regarding shipping. Basically, we lowered our prices by $14.99 and now charge the $14.99 for shipping. We needed to increase exposure on shopping websites, and we always looked high on price because we included shipping in the price. We have had over 1600 customers since we have been online, and over 9000 since we have been in business.

Thanks,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

We did, in fact, change our policies regarding shipping. Basically, we lowered our prices by $14.99 and now charge the $14.99 for shipping. We needed to increase exposure on shopping websites, and we always looked high on price because we included shipping in the price. We have had over 1600 customers since we have been online, and over 9000 since we have been in business.

Thanks,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

I know 3 people that have ordered from gpscrazy with no problems... /shrug

Sounds like the guy is trying to make an honest effort here...most retailers won't post on a board like this to begin with. I wasn't able to find some of the negative claims some people referenced here...that doesn't build a case well to sling mud. Their e-bay rating appears to be 99.7%: http://myworld.ebay.com/gspcrazy/

Edited by egami

My rule of thumb is that if something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Businesses, both small and large, have built this country. But buyer beware no matter what the company or website.

I agree with this, but when the guys story he is posting here aligns with his responses (both responses here and on bizrate replies) and the Nuvi availability issue, which was a known issue, around Christmas then it seems he is telling the truth...also, I can relate to his frustration of legit e-mails getting caught in spam filters and customers not getting a response which is largely the complaint at bizrate.

This store has an e-bay rating of 99.7% with the past 800+ sales...that's a relatievly strong, reputable feedback. A handful (yes, when you are dealing the volume they appear to be just off e-bay there weren't that many) of negative reviews that line up with his story around Christmas time on the bizrate site, and nothing outstanding on the ITB site (even though they've been with them for a short time) then the overall criticism in this thread seems a bit blown out of proportion.

Edited by egami

Your comments regarding our business are greatly appreciated. We strive to keep every customer happy, and that is impossible, but we do make an honest attempt. The GPS market is highly competitive, and the manufacturers are not always the best at giving accurate ship dates, etc. We buy in large volume, but sometimes even that is not enough.....because certain units(Nuvi) are so popular.

We have had issues with both our emails and we lost a server during the holiday season. Everything is up and running now. We due try to keep most communication via email due to the competitiveness of the market, and to help pass the lowest possible prices to our customers.

GPS Crazy began as an independant rep. for Garmin, Magellan, and Lowrance, selling to small to mid-size retailers for resell(I was THE outside salesperson). www.gpscrazy.com is an attempt to take our buying power to the "next level", and pass the savings onto our current retail customers and wholesale customers.

Egami, I appreciate your positive words about us.....

Thank you,

William

President

GPS Crazy, Inc.

This was less than a month ago. I wouldnt consider that the holiday season.

I have only stated facts.

I sold on eBay also with a FB of over 1000. (Which i notice most of his recent feedback is not from selling GPS units...) If a customer said they had an issue as i described above- why wasnt i contacted via this board?

Im not trying to give this person a bad name. Just stating facts. If its legitimate- then why not explain?

I will look into your case....I am not personally familiar with your case and I cannot respond at this time. I will find out who handle your order, or attempted order and post a response.

GPS Crazy is an authorized dealer for Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance and other GPS manufacturers, all of which no longer allow us to sell their products on eBay. GPS CRAZY, Inc. does not sell GPS products on eBay(Sorry for having to state that like that, but Garmin does check on their resellers, and will pull licenses for selling their GPS products on auction websites).

Thanks,

William

No problem. I am not as clear as i would like to be. :lol:

GPSCrazy man, no need to deal with specifics of my case. Just post your contact info at the different companies so that your customers can verify your claims of being an authorized dealer. Anyone can say they are authorized with an image on their site.

magellansealfu5.gif

Please excuse my skepticism. I dont like being ripped off.

Why are there two cases with the BBB where GPS Crazy failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues?

The two cases with the BBB are being resolved. Both are issues(actually the same customer) and are being worked on. We are waiting acceptance from the customer that we have fulfilled all obligations.

Also, please contact any of the manufacturers for confirmation that we are authorized, legal name BN Electronics.

Thanks you,

William

I enjoyed reading this thread, it was fun and a good way to kill a few down minutes at work. Thank you to all who contributed.

I ordered a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx from them on 5/01/2007. I have recieved the order confirmation in my email and my credit card has been billed. I have since sent an email yesterday asking for the FedEx tracking number and haven't recieved a response yet. I called the phone number at the top of the order confiramation email (847)841-1468; this number is also on the website. The phone rings to voice mail and states that is this number is not for GPSCrazy.com and to not leave a message for GPSCrazy.com.

So now Im a little worried and wished I had found this site and this thread prior to ordering.

I will look into your case....I am not personally familiar with your case and I cannot respond at this time. I will find out who handle your order, or attempted order and post a response.

Since this thread got bumped I just thought i would mention that i never heard from them, even though they made the above post.

I hope it works out for you.

I hope it works out for you.

I do too. It's not as if I will be using this device primarily for entertainment (i.e. Geocaching) but this device was purchased primarily for use in Search and Rescue Operations. People's lives will actually be affected by the use of this device. There is a timeline on this and how quickly I need it and be mission capable/ready.