A send-off I had to share!

CachingCoins

Sometimes I get really bummed about coins that get stolen. Not so much the ones that go missing, but the ones that you know are out & out stolen. Well, today I found out one of my coins had been stolen & replaced with a laminated picture of my coin, with a note saying that the coin had been stolen & this copy was to travel in its place. :)

But, today I also received a different kind of message. A coin I had mailed to slippery_1 was launched into the wild, from it's very own cache! Slippery_1 & MHz went to the trouble of placing a brand new cache thats whole purpose was to meet the goal of my coin. The cache is (GCZWDH) Red Rover, Red Rover.... The goal of the coin was to find the color RED. Well, they did an awesome job. I laughed so hard, I fell out of my chair. Thank heavens I had just finished swallowing or my computer keyboard would be fried!!! How cool is that cache!!! Now, I remember why I release these coins! I must admit, I have never had a send-off like this before!!! Thank you! And Merry Christmas to you & to me!! :rolleyes::cool::)

Sometimes I get really bummed about coins that get stolen. :rolleyes:

Know how you feel. What I can't understand is this ... how can so many trackables turn up at an event, be photographed on the table and yet seem to then just disappear? No one seems to want to log them out. What does this say about the caching gene pool or am I totally missing something here?

But, today I also received a different kind of message. A coin I had mailed to slippery_1 was launched into the wild, from it's very own cache! Slippery_1 & MHz went to the trouble of placing a brand new cache thats whole purpose was to meet the goal of my coin. The cache is (GCZWDH) Red Rover, Red Rover....

That is really cool. Had thought of doing that, but haven't got around to it yet ... too slack I guess. Will need to do that in the future. Nice to see nice people around ... somehow balances the negatives I think.

Regards

Andrew