Got the cache container camoed and ready

wolfbait

1st find a waterproof container

2nd find a great location

3rd thing of a name for your cache

4th purchase a log book

5th fill your container with good trade items

6th go out and get three sets of coordinates

7th fill out online form to submit new cache.

8th wait forever for cache to be reviewed

9th cache opened, wait forever for cache to be found

10th wait until you have to maintence, replace or hide more caches.

Some of these are not in any perticular order.

1st find a waterproof container

Check

2nd find a great location

Check

3rd thing of a name for your cache

Check... All quiet on the western front

4th purchase a log book

Not purchased... made

5th fill your container with good trade items

Too small for anything but the smallest of trades

6th go out and get three sets of coordinates

Waiting for dad to get home with the gps

7th fill out online form to submit new cache.

8th wait forever for cache to be reviewed

9th cache opened, wait forever for cache to be found

10th wait until you have to maintence, replace or hide more caches.

I created a log book, Thought of a title.... what now

Go hide it. Then fill out the

online form and wait.

I like to make the log book have the name of the cache and the GC number on it. (and it is a good way to make sure you got the cache name you wanted first) But you can't get a GC number until after you submit the online form. So, I fill out the form first, and then make the log book and then go place the cache-- the reviewer usually takes some time to approve/post your listing so you can place the cache at that time. If it is going to take a while for you to get to your cache location, you can write a note to the reviewer at the end of the online form to not post the listing until a specific date/time.

I know it is a little backwards from hiding the cache first, then filling out the form, but it creates some excitement for me when I am in a race to place the cache before the reviewer posts/approves the cache.

Not the right or wrong way, just the way i do it.

Edited by j_czerwin

I like to make the log book have the name of the cache and the GC number on it. (and it is a good way to make sure you got the cache name you wanted first) But you can't get a GC number until after you submit the online form. So, I fill out the form first, and then make the log book and then go place the cache-- the reviewer usually takes some time to approve/post your listing so you can place the cache at that time. If it is going to take a while for you to get to your cache location, you can write a note to the reviewer at the end of the online form to not post the listing until a specific date/time.

I know it is a little backwards from hiding the cache first, then filling out the form, but it creates some excitement for me when I am in a race to place the cache before the reviewer posts/approves the cache.

Free Tip o' the Day:

There's a little check box on the submission page " [] Yes, this cache is currently active (Reviewers will not see this listing unless box is checked)". If you leave it blank, you've got all the time in the world to submit the page, place your cache, double check it, test for water- and muggle-proofness, etc. Then, when all is right and ready for the FTF stampede, edit the page and check the box, then wait for the Reviewer to whack the Publish button. :rolleyes:

Free Tip o' the Day:

There's a little check box on the submission page " [] Yes, this cache is currently active (Reviewers will not see this listing unless box is checked)". If you leave it blank, you've got all the time in the world to submit the page, place your cache, double check it, test for water- and muggle-proofness, etc. Then, when all is right and ready for the FTF stampede, edit the page and check the box, then wait for the Reviewer to whack the Publish button. :rolleyes:

Very cool! Thanks for the info -- I didn't think to do it that way!!!

...and when that's all done, hunch expectantly over your computer to read the FTF and other "find" logs as they pour in.

(If you get more than two DNFs in a row, please hustle out to the cache and see what the problem is. Please. Check that it's still there and also re-check the coordinates. Then post a note that you checked it, editing the coords if necessary. That makes you a good cache owner.)

...and when that's all done, hunch expectantly over your computer to read the FTF and other "find" logs as they pour in.

(If you get more than two DNFs in a row, please hustle out to the cache and see what the problem is. Please. Check that it's still there and also re-check the coordinates. Then post a note that you checked it, editing the coords if necessary. That makes you a good cache owner.)

Good point -- I would add that after it posts, click on map, and then the google map link and look at the satellite view to make sure the icon is near where you hid it == its a good way to catch wrong coordinates before people run around in the wrong place.

The excitement on your first will probably have you doing what was already stated above -- staring at your computer and waiting for your FTF!! I went a step farther and put the cache in viewing distance from my home and sat inside waiting to see who it would be and watched them cache. I know - a little creepy!!

Murphy's law dictates that if you watch closely for the FTF, they won't come!! "A watched pot never boils."