Earthcache Master

Reading through the Earthcache thread elsewhere on this board I noticed references to Earthcache Masters and pins for different levels and went to investigate.

It seems if you have visited at least 3 earthcaches in two different countries/states you can claim your FREE pin badge. That's the entry level of bronze, higher qualifications required for more precious metals :)

Check it out here

I read that Alastair has one already, anyone else?

How long do they take to come?

Edit: to add the word FREE

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

:) *thinks*

Did someone say England and Scotland are classed as two seperate countries for this?

The last time I looked the whole of the UK was classed as one country, I did write via e-mail how interesting it would be to try and explain to 60,000 Scots at Hampden Park that Scotland and England are actually one country but I never got a reply, maybe they'd tried it out! :)

Did someone say England and Scotland are classed as two seperate countries for this?

The last time I looked the whole of the UK was classed as one country, I did write via e-mail how interesting it would be to try and explain to 60,000 Scots at Hampden Park that Scotland and England are actually one country but I never got a reply, maybe they'd tried it out! :D

Ok folks using my connections :) I've got official clarification from the Earth Cache Master over the position of Wales, Scotland and England as separate country's for Earth Cache Master Pins

I treat them as three different countries/states....as they should be (but then I am Australian and have fond ties to the 'mother countries")

So if you've found earth caches in 2 of the 3 you've qualified for a Bronze Pin :)

The last time I looked the whole of the UK was classed as one country, I did write via e-mail how interesting it would be to try and explain to 60,000 Scots at Hampden Park that Scotland and England are actually one country but I never got a reply, maybe they'd tried it out! :)

Ok folks using my connections :rolleyes: I've got official clarification from the Earth Cache Master over the position of Wales, Scotland and England as separate country's for Earth Cache Master Pins

I treat them as three different countries/states....as they should be (but then I am Australian and have fond ties to the 'mother countries")

So if you've found earth caches in 2 of the 3 you've qualified for a Bronze Pin :cool:

What about Northern Ireland ?

As it appears from his statement that geoaware [the Earth Cache Master] considers Counties eligible for qualification. I'd hazard a guess that he considers NI as a separate country, probably giving you 6 qualifying counties [as long as there is a Earth Cache in them :rolleyes: ].

I can contact him for conformation of this, but would not receive a reply until mid January as he has gone back home to celebrate Christmas in the sun :cool: [he's an Aussie working in the US :) ]

As it appears from his statement that geoaware [the Earth Cache Master] considers Counties eligible for qualification. I'd hazard a guess that he considers NI as a separate country, probably giving you 6 qualifying counties [as long as there is a Earth Cache in them :rolleyes: ].

I can contact him for conformation of this, but would not receive a reply until mid January as he has gone back home to celebrate Christmas in the sun :cool: [he's an Aussie working in the US :) ]

Thanks for that D

What about Northern Ireland ?

There are only 55 earthcaches in the British Isles of which only one appears to be Irish, 13 Wesh, 14 Scottish and 27 English. There are no Manx, Jèrrais, Sarnian, Orcadian, Shetlander or Cornish Earthcaches, so there is obviously an opportunity there for some of the other nations on this archipelago to do some cache setting.

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett
<_< *thinks*

The last time I looked the whole of the UK was classed as one country, I did write via e-mail how interesting it would be to try and explain to 60,000 Scots at Hampden Park that Scotland and England are actually one country but I never got a reply, maybe they'd tried it out! :wub:
Hampden was English of course, and there's a couple of caches in Bucks and Oxon which relate to him. I even went to the same school as him, although he was in a year above me (about 360, in fact) :o:ph34r::lol: and a :wub: for luck.
:D *thinks*

The last time I looked the whole of the UK was classed as one country, I did write via e-mail how interesting it would be to try and explain to 60,000 Scots at Hampden Park that Scotland and England are actually one country but I never got a reply, maybe they'd tried it out! :(
Hampden was English of course, and there's a couple of caches in Bucks and Oxon which relate to him. I even went to the same school as him, although he was in a year above me (about 360, in fact) :):D:P and a :D for luck.

I can't believe that a national Scottish park was named after an Englishman! :D Whatever next? Someone will tell me that a major English town was named after a famous Scotsman!!!! :D

I can't believe that a national Scottish park was named after an Englishman! :D Whatever next? Someone will tell me that a major English town was named after a famous Scotsman!!!! :D

Well lets face it the English have to get there own back somewhere after all the hier to the throne is of mixed Scottish/German/Greek/Danish decent, the leaders of the three main political parties are all Scotts (Blair, Cambell & Cameron) and of the 20 C20 Prime Ministers 7 were Scottish (OK so Bonar Law was 1/2 Scottish, 1/2 Cannadian), one Welshman, an Irishman, a Geordie, 2 Yorkshiremen, a Yellow Belly, 2 Brummies and a Yank which leaves only 4 from the southeast of England (Atlee, Heath, Major and the Marquess of Salisbury). So don't deny them their hour of glory :(.

I know of a FAB spot... er, but probably only if you are a geologist! A bit pile of mud just dont float some people's boat.

I must look into this pin thing. All I need is an earthcache outside the two countries of Ingerland and Wales... does Isle of Man count? (she ducks)

I know of a FAB spot... er, but probably only if you are a geologist! A bit pile of mud just dont float some people's boat.

I must look into this pin thing. All I need is an earthcache outside the two countries of Ingerland and Wales... does Isle of Man count? (she ducks)

If your referring to Silver :D

Silver Earthcache Master

Visit and log six (6) or more Earthcaches in three (3) or more states/countries and have developed one (1) or more Earthcaches.

Read counties for states, geoware the EC Reviewer is a Aussie and equates counties and states as being exactly the same :D

One question though, were is "Ingerland"? :D