Need help quick.

gulfscuba

My girlfriend ordered a gift for me and the UPS guy delivered it while I was home. They shipped it in the original box so I saw what it is and she was so pissed she refused it. Now she is fretting over what else to buy me.

I would like a PDA that I can use for paperless caching. She can't spend too much but if there is an affordable unit that I could use I will drop the hint.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

For caching, cheap is better. You'll probably be slogging through mud and briars at least part of the time, and the PDA will get beat up. I don't carry my good PDA while caching; I carry an old M105, which is slow and monochrome, but it works well enough. It has been upgraded to 8MB memory, which is way more than necessary for caching. I've put more than 1200 caches into it and only used a little over 2MB for that plus Cachemate. So any cheap PDA will be fine for your use.

For caching, cheap is better. You'll probably be slogging through mud and briars at least part of the time, and the PDA will get beat up. I don't carry my good PDA while caching; I carry an old M105, which is slow and monochrome, but it works well enough. It has been upgraded to 8MB memory, which is way more than necessary for caching. I've put more than 1200 caches into it and only used a little over 2MB for that plus Cachemate. So any cheap PDA will be fine for your use.

I agree. I have an old M500 I use. As long as you have at least 8 megs of RAM in the unit it should suffice. No need to buy anything fancy. A used one off Ebay will do the job well and you won't be out a lot of bucks should it take a dunk in a stream or get smashed on rocks.

Edited by briansnat

A week ago I bought a used PalmVx on ebay for 19.95 with shipping. Came with the cradle, power cord, serial connection, Installation CD and a leather case. Plugged everything in installed the software, went online bought and downloaded Cachemate and now I use it everytime I cache and no more printouts. Wooo Hoooo. The paper and ink costs alone will pay for itself in a month. I used to print alot of pages. LOL