MALSINGMAPS+GARMIN+GEOCACHING-PAPER=arghhhhh

helicraz

Not sure where to post this question.. but I am struggling to go paperless.

I am using a Garmin iQue with map from malsingmap during my geocaching hunts.

I have been trying to load the waypoints of the caches into iQue, but no matter how I try, I can only add them in by keying them 1 at a time manually.

I seem to be missing something.. does anyone knows (espcially SG geocachers/Malaysia Geocachers) how can I load in the cache locations into iQue without having to key 1-at-a-time-manually?

Not sure where to post this question.. but I am struggling to go paperless.

I am using a Garmin iQue with map from malsingmap during my geocaching hunts.

I have been trying to load the waypoints of the caches into iQue, but no matter how I try, I can only add them in by keying them 1 at a time manually.

I seem to be missing something.. does anyone knows (espcially SG geocachers/Malaysia Geocachers) how can I load in the cache locations into iQue without having to key 1-at-a-time-manually?

You may need to convert the loc file that you downloaded from geocaching.com to the formats that are recognized by your iQue. Have you done that?

I use gpsbabel to do that before I load the waypoints into my Vista.

You may need to convert the loc file that you downloaded from geocaching.com to the formats that are recognized by your iQue. Have you done that?

yes, but I dunno what format should I choose in babel as it seem to accept *.img only

yes, but I dunno what format should I choose in babel as it seem to accept *.img only

Just convert it to any of the below formats:

gdb, mps, gpx

I don't know how to upload the files to ique but I guess you need Mapsource to do so too.

Give it a try.

This is how I upload loc file to my Vista

1. Use GPSBabel to convert loc to garmin accepted format, i.e. gdb

GPSbabel.jpg

2. Activate Mapsource, go to File/Open to load the converted gdb file into Mapsource

mapsource.jpg

3. At Mapsource, go to Transfer/ Send to Device

Good luck!

Edited by turbosnail

:-) Thanks. But it only accept *.img

I can see that you are in Malsingmaps forum now. Browse through the forum's Help/FAQ/Wiki section. You may find your answer there!

yup.. thanks. :unsure:

1) Since you are the premium member.

1) Creat a pocket quarry ticked gpx format and mobipocket files.

2) Used mapsource to open this gpx waypoint file. Then send to device. Voila you have all caches waypoint inside your device.

3)Syned the mobipocket into pda and you will have all the caches description. Then go to start your paperless geocaching.

Hope you enjoy. Any problem you can PM me.

:-) Thanks. But it only accept *.img

I can see that you are in Malsingmaps forum now. Browse through the forum's Help/FAQ/Wiki section. You may find your answer there!

yup.. thanks. :unsure:

1) Since you are the premium member.

1) Creat a pocket quarry ticked gpx format and mobipocket files.

2) Used mapsource to open this gpx waypoint file. Then send to device. Voila you have all caches waypoint inside your device.

3)Syned the mobipocket into pda and you will have all the caches description. Then go to start your paperless geocaching.

Hope you enjoy. Any problem you can PM me.

Thanks. Actually I found the problem when I upgraded my GPSr.

The mapsource installation had some error, and it couldn't interface with my PDA back then.

After I re-install the software after I got hold of my 60csx, the Mapsource can detect the PDA fine....

Edited by helicraz