Geocache with the most visits and why?

brodiebunch

Many topics get recycled constantly here. This one I have not seen as much and its about numbers.

Name the geocache you own with the most visits and give a reason why you think its so frequented?

We have one, Volunteer Park (GCHC56) with 366 visits. I think it gets visited because its in a great park, its an ammo can in a very urban area and travel bugs move through it very regularly.

My most-visited cache is the last remaining APE cache in the US, Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (GC1169). It has 563 find logs (and 704 total logs). I was actually surprised by this given that it involves a minimum of a 5-mile hike and is inaccessible for a large portion of the year. I guess that a combination of the longevity of the cache and the draw of the APE icon are responsible.

My second-most visited cache appears to be Potluck & Quilting Bee Memorial Cache (GC2AAB). It has 375 finds on it. I surmise that that is due to the age of the cache in combination with things similar to your Volunteer Park cache - its an ammo can in a premier park in a cache-dense area. The find rate on its seems to have dropped since Marymoor Park started charging a user fee, though.

Doing Geocaching since around 18 months and living on an island (Tenerife) I am more of a hider than a seeker of caches. I own more than 20 caches from difficulty 1 to 5. The most visited ones are those, who can be easily reached and not the ones, who offer the nicest places. I have one, who is easily reachable, that has received more than 80 visits within around the same time frame (WP GCPA04), while one difficult one (long walk but great place, WP GCP2A9) has reveived only 10 visits.

Edited by lacruz18

Interesting topic, I've never really looked at my own caches to see which had been visited most/least. But for me...

Haunted Tunnel (placed 4/3/05) has been "found" the most. 130 logs, and 114 actual finds. Hill Cemetery (placed 6/21/04) runs a close second with 118 logs, and 97 finds. Haunted Tunnel has the most finds probably because it's in a populated area (though few cachers in town) right off one of the main highways between Columbus, OH, and Detroit, MI. It also helps that there is another cache in the same park. Hill Cemetery has mostly had interest sparked through word of mouth. It's somewhat out of the way, and there are only a few other caches very near to it, so that's the only thing I can figure out.

My least visited cache is Hometown History Revisited (placed 1/5/05) 14 logs, and 4 finds. It's a long multi, even though it's mostly driving to 4 historical areas before getting to the final. Plus it is in an area with only a handful of cachers around, and not all that close to any of the major metro areas around the state.

Okay. I plead guilty to putting out one cache, just to get numbers. :) A micro in a scenic overlook on the Interstate. Sixty-Seven logs in twenty-eight months. :) My least favorite of the caches that I've hidden. My second most logged cache is a Webcam, with thirty-seven logs, fifteen atempted cheats fifteen cachers who thought that they should log it, even though they did not get a picture, and eighteen DNFs for not being able to get the picture. Not an encouraging set of statistics.

Of our other caches, we're proud to have thirty-four logs for West New York Aerie!

Our cache (not counting adopted) with the most visits so far is The BridgeMan Cache with 65 visits logged in just over a year. I know there have been many more visits based on the logs. I think it is visited more often than our others because it is easy to get to and near the beach!

Our least visited are our puzzle caches like A Convicted Hide even though it hasn't had a lot of visits the write-ups tend to be some of the best.

Our travel bug hotel, Tacoma Travel Bug Vault, has had 738 logs in about 2 years, 9 months, and has seen 695 travel bugs pass through it. That's a little over 5 logs a weeks. It goes through cycles where it will be stuffed with TB's or will only have one or two, but it continues to get a steady stream of logs, including many first time finders for some reason. I think it gets used so frequently because it is very well camoflaged and hidden, but is easily accessible, in a heavily used park and ride lot at the junction of two freeways. There's even a McDonalds there!

Many topics get recycled constantly here. This one I have not seen as much and its about numbers.

Name the geocache you own with the most visits and give a reason why you think its so frequented?

We have one, Volunteer Park (GCHC56) with 366 visits. I think it gets visited because its in a great park, its an ammo can in a very urban area and travel bugs move through it very regularly.

Check out the various "Couch Potato" bookmark lists, such as this one. Here's a cache with over 2200 logs.

Personally, my #1 hide might hit double digits over the Christmas break. :(

dave

My best by far (most visited as well as most favourably rated by finders as indicated by their logs) is Garden of Hope in Covington, KY. Currently at 202 visits in a little less than 4 years.

Its popularity is due to it being a very unusual place where a lot of people go by every day and don't realize what it is or how to get to it. It also has an incredible view of the Cincinnati skyline.

Wifemate is making a stamp and I am going to convert it to a letterbox hybrid if TPTB will approve it. :( I think it would be cool to share it with the letterboxing community too. It will be my first letterbox listing if I am able to get it done. :D

Skyline CK1 is my oldest and most visited cache with 139 logged visits. I hid this over 3 years ago, I expected it to be muggled within a year, because since it's a grassland park that's popular with dogs and only two sets of boulders in the entire park I was sure it would be found and destroyed quickly. Nope it seems that it has it's own luck and a great view to draw cachers Edited by LoneHowler

This cache has 1415 logs, all but a few of which are finds.

My most-found cache has 151 finds since June '05, with a couple-month period during which the cache was disabled.

(edit for clarity)

I wish I could see that one, but it crashes my browser every time I try to open it. :o

The link loads all the logs... Try This Link instead (it is the print friendly no logs version)

This cache has 1415 logs, all but a few of which are finds.

My most-found cache has 151 finds since June '05, with a couple-month period during which the cache was disabled.

(edit for clarity)

I wish I could see that one, but it crashes my browser every time I try to open it. :ph34r:

The link loads all the logs... Try This Link instead (it is the print friendly no logs version)