activating a unite for Diabetes TB

olbluesguy

you don't activate it. They are already activated by the United Diabetes people. They will be lsited as the owners of these buigs. go to the TB page and search for the bug # on your tag and you will see that it is there. They tell you jsut to grab it and then release it to the wild. it is jsut like a yellow / white / green jeep.

edited to take out un-intended rudeness on my part!! :)

Edited by Camel680

you don't activate it. They are already activated by the United Diabetes people. They will be lsited as the owners of these buigs. go to the TB page and search for the bug # on your tag and you will see that it is there. when you signed up for it they explained this on their webpage. They tell you jsut to grab it and then release it to the wild. it is jsut like a yellow / white / green jeep.

thanks

OBG

you don't activate it. They are already activated by the United Diabetes people. They will be lsited as the owners of these buigs. go to the TB page and search for the bug # on your tag and you will see that it is there. They tell you jsut to grab it and then release it to the wild. it is jsut like a yellow / white / green jeep.

edited to take out un-intended rudeness on my part!! :)

I'm having the same trouble. I tryed to just grab it and the site told me it hadn't been activated yet. What do I do now? I can't drop it off at a site if I'm not holding it!!!

The United For Diabetes TBs are already activated. You only need to grab it from its current location. If you are having trouble logging it, first make sure that the 0s are not Os and the Is are not 1s. If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Not intending to hijack the thread - but I ordered one of these tags on Dec. 6 and have not received it -- I didn't get any confirmation email for my request - did you?

I know I signed up before all the tags were handed out - just wondering what may have happened to the one I requested.

Cheers,

Jenn

Not intending to hijack the thread - but I ordered one of these tags on Dec. 6 and have not received it -- I didn't get any confirmation email for my request - did you?

I know I signed up before all the tags were handed out - just wondering what may have happened to the one I requested.

Cheers,

Jenn

I did'nt get a confirmation Email. I just signed up,and got it 10days-2wks later.

I kind of forgot about it until it arived.

I tried to activate it the regular way, but i guess I forgot what I read when signing up.

Maybe they are out.

Well the invitation to sign up is still on Groundspeak's main Geocaching page. I know in one weekly notification it stated how many had been handed out but there were plenty left, and that was well after I requested one.

As was mentioned to me in another thread, could be Christmas mail volume holding it up.

I guess my impatience is showing :o

Jenn

I had started a thread earlier, but this also pertains to this thread. I had trouble with the Diabetes TB that I had received. I tried to "grab it" and the TB was supposedly not in the system. I contacted the Help people at Geocaching.com, and they said they were going to submit the bug for activation. I have waited a week and a half, and contacted them again. They said they were going to send me out a new Bug, so there must be some left. If you haven't asked for one, try it now. If you have, perhaps, as the previous poster said, it's the holiday mail problems.

im having the same problem. i tried to activate my u4d travel bug and i dont have an activation code

after reading this thead.. i checked to see if they came pre-activated, so i punched in my TB number and it

brought me to someone elses travel bug in NYC... and i live in florida go figure...

im having the same problem. i tried to activate my u4d travel bug and i dont have an activation code

after reading this thead.. i checked to see if they came pre-activated, so i punched in my TB number and it

brought me to someone elses travel bug in NYC... and i live in florida go figure...

The United For Diabetes TBs are already activated. You only need to grab it from its current location. If you are having trouble logging it, first make sure that the 0s are not Os and the Is are not 1s. If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

I received mine last week and the UNA number is not active. How do I get this activated without a number?

My niece who has diabetes is with us for Christmas and we want to launch this bug while they are still visiting.

dad2jnk

*bump*

Just visit the U4D page, and log it there. That's what I did while I was playing around looking for it, and I think it's working.

Still no joy. Tried diddling around the U4D page, entered the tracking number, waited a bit. It continues to tell me that it is not in the system. :laughing::laughing:

What else is there to do?

dad2jnk

*bump*

Just visit the U4D page, and log it there. That's what I did while I was playing around looking for it, and I think it's working.

Still no joy. Tried diddling around the U4D page, entered the tracking number, waited a bit. It continues to tell me that it is not in the system. :laughing::laughing:

What else is there to do?

dad2jnk

Order a new one :laughing:.

Are you logged in?

If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.
Edited by Eartha

Are you logged in?

If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

I am logged in to geocaching.com. Is there a way to log into U4D?

I ordered another tb, but I was hoping to release this one today while my niece - with diabetes - is visiting us. We may have to wait until her next visit. Too bad.

Are you logged in?

I am logged in to geocaching.com. Is there a way to log into U4D?

I ordered another tb, but I was hoping to release this one today while my niece - with diabetes - is visiting us. We may have to wait until her next visit. Too bad.

The reply says to send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

Did you do this?

We have also had difficulty with our Unite for Diabetes TB. I went to the website and logged it when we received it, added a note, then released it. When we went back to log where it was dropped, my previous logs were gone (even though we got the confirmation email) and we kept getting an error when we tried to "drop" the bug.

Hopefully the cacher who gets it next has more luck than we did...

We have also had difficulty with our Unite for Diabetes TB. I went to the website and logged it when we received it, added a note, then released it. When we went back to log where it was dropped, my previous logs were gone (even though we got the confirmation email) and we kept getting an error when we tried to "drop" the bug.

Hopefully the cacher who gets it next has more luck than we did...

Does your confirmation email have a link to the bug page? Thanks.