First online Geocache

jongoff76

I recently looked up the profile of a cacher in the area and went to his very first find.

then i scrolled through all the finds of that cache untill i found the FTF.

then found that persons profile. and repeated the steps.

Eventually all roads led to one cache in Indiana for me

it was called Geocache and has been archived (I Knew that was not the first)

so i thought i would go to where it all began and found a profile and started doing the same. With the same result only different state.

what really throws me off is these GEOCACH named caches have owners that have very very few finds.

it is a little confuseing and i would like a history lesson.

"Geocache" *used* to be the default cache name. It was popular in the very beginning of the game, when the original group of caches were converted over from the listserv, and when new caches were reported by e-mail. Nowadays it doesn't happen much anymore. But if a cache is submitted with no name, it defaults to the cache type; i.e., "Traditional Cache" or "Multicache."

The OP brings up an interesting variant on the "Six Degrees of Separation" exercise. Trace your roots via FTF's of caches.

Is Dave Ulmar still arround I looked up his profile and he doesn't hardly have any cache's

is he still a active member of geocaching.

wander how he feels about what he started

Dave, like Team 360(before he got banned) and others, doesn't log his finds. I'm pretty sure the reason is because he feels that caching has become too "About the numbers" and refuses to log in protest. He still caches, though,.

Is Dave Ulmar still arround I looked up his profile and he doesn't hardly have any cache's

Dave, like Team 360(before he got banned) and others, doesn't log his finds. I'm pretty sure the reason is because he feels that caching has become too "About the numbers" and refuses to log in protest. He still caches, though,.

why did he get banned?

why did he get banned?

I'm not going to actually post what he was banned for or post a link to it (Lest I get banned myself), but I will PM the info to you.

I have cached with CB @ MB before and combined they have a outrages number of caches and they don't even log all that they find.

to me i was like WOW these people actually are in it for the sport of it.

at the same time I like logging them so that i don't end up going back to the cache's i have done.

and so they don't show up on my GPS when i do a pocket query.

FYI. Team 360 is no longer banned. Ulmer's reasons, from what I have read, had nothing to do about the numbers but more about the organization of and subsequent implmentation of rules.

Here are some bookmarks regarding older caches;

The first is for the oldest placed caches in a given state. This includes the cache Team 360 placed to commemorate Ulmer's "stash".

The second is for the oldest UNARCHIVED cache in a give state.

Edited by baloo&bd

FYI. Team 360 is no longer banned. Ulmer's reasons, from what I have read, had nothing to do about the numbers but more about the organization of and subsequent implmentation of rules.

Here are some bookmarks regarding older caches;

The first is for the oldest placed caches in a given state. This includes the cache Team 360 placed to commemorate Ulmer's "stash".

The second is for the oldest UNARCHIVED cache in a give state.

That is neat I have bookmarked both of those pages.

i will definatly be going after some of these caches