My wife made me do it!

nielsenc

After seeing the different Dog coins, my wife wanted a PUG Geocoin. So in the spirit of a Happy Home, I present the Pug Geocoin:

geocoin_pug.jpg

Final Artwork is being completed at this time.

Here are the details, subject to change:

Mint: Oakcoins

Size: 1.5" x 3.5mm

Trackable: Yes

Icon: Yes

Number Minted: At least 250

Finish: TBD

I want these more for trade. I may sell some, but I want to do some trading here on the forums first.

At this time, I do not have a limit on the number to be minted. My plan is also to make these in one finish, most likely Antique Bronze.

Looking forward to making some trades.

nielsenc

Edited by nielsenc

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

I will talk to my wife about putting my nick on it, but she is more of a PUG fan than I am :).

For those looking for trades, please hold off until I have the coins in hand. The last time I did pre-trades I know some got crossed in the mail. I want to make sure that I dont miss anyone.

Dont worry, I will make enough for anyone that wants one or more coins.

Thanks

nielsenc

Ok, since you asked:

I think they look too much like our Canine Cacher series. The one big head shot on the front, and the paw prints on either side.....

Nobody owns a particular "look and feel" (witheout a copyright/trademark anyway), but I'd prefer to see it look totally different from the existing series:

img1750wincese2.jpg

img1726wincerx1.jpg

k9v3goldvi8.jpgk9v3goldbackqv3.jpg

I think they look too much like our Canine Cacher series. The one big head shot on the front, and the paw prints on either side.....

Thanks for your feedback. I will talk with my wife and see if she wants something a little different. There have been a few Dog coins out and I didnt think I was stepping on anyones toes here.

If you have any suggestions to make it a little different, I am open to them. Maybe you can help make the coin even better!

If you shrunk the trackable at down to fit on the bottom and then put your cache name (or hers) on the top that would help a lot. As it stands it is very very similar, but I think that would make a difference.

Thanks for the feedback.

My goal is not to confuse with your Canine Cacher Series you have for sale. The 3D and the side of the Pug is something my wife really likes. I thought about adding our cat to the coin as well but since we dont take our cat caching, it was hard to tie it all together.

Any other positive is welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback. I will talk with my wife and see if she wants something a little different. There have been a few Dog coins out and I didnt think I was stepping on anyones toes here.

If you have any suggestions to make it a little different, I am open to them. Maybe you can help make the coin even better!

Best suggestion get rid of that Pug and get a good looking Terrier instead Tee hee! :D:):D

Best suggestion get rid of that Pug and get a good looking Terrier instead Tee hee! :D:D:)

If it were up to me, it would be a German Shepherd :D... But right now, two adults, two kids, a dog and a cat squeezed into a two bedroom apartment, a German Shepherd would be a little too much!

My wife did observe the neighbor walking his cat on a leash the other night...

Ok, after further thought I would say either totally remove the head shot, as this is what makes it look so much like the k9 coins, or even better would be to turn the coin into the shape of the pug head. Making it the shape of that head would make it totally different from anything.

I am not sure why, but my White Shepherd goes absolutely crazy whenever he sees a Pug. I do not know where in his history he encountered one, but it is funny too watch. He will even scratch the carpet and bark at Pugs in TV commercials. I hope you keep the dog's face on the coin, it is a caching partner, even if it is the other half's caching partner and a personal touch.

I would have to have one in each finish for Sir's entertainment.

He was a hurricane victim in Alabama, we met an agency in Memphis Tennessee to adopt him and brought him home to Kansas. The first photo I saw of him was one with almost no hair, somebody had shaved him. A fluffy tail and a lion's mane, at least that is how it appeared. They did say he was almost impossible to catch. His history would be nice to know, he sure has a lot to say! A photo from a recent Missouri trip. Glen

c941d64b-070f-45c2-9752-ae52432f5006.jpg

I am not sure why, but my White Shepherd goes absolutely crazy whenever he sees a Pug. I do not know where in his history he encountered one, but it is funny too watch. He will even scratch the carpet and bark at Pugs in TV commercials. I hope you keep the dog's face on the coin, it is a caching partner, even if it is the other half's caching partner and a personal touch.

I would have to have one in each finish for Sir's entertainment.

He was a hurricane victim in Alabama, we met an agency in Memphis Tennessee to adopt him and brought him home to Kansas. The first photo I saw of him was one with almost no hair, somebody had shaved him. A fluffy tail and a lion's mane, at least that is how it appeared. They did say he was almost impossible to catch. His history would be nice to know, he sure has a lot to say! A photo from a recent Missouri trip. Glen

c941d64b-070f-45c2-9752-ae52432f5006.jpg

Hey whats that hanging from his collar :):D:D ???

So here's an idea:

Like others have said, if you want to keep the headshot make the coin in the shape of the Pug's head.

Then you could add a collar around it's neck and have the tracking number be put on a tag that "hangs" from the collar.

Take it if you like it.

So here's an idea:

Like others have said, if you want to keep the headshot make the coin in the shape of the Pug's head.

Then you could add a collar around it's neck and have the tracking number be put on a tag that "hangs" from the collar.

Take it if you like it.

Ooo I like it! There have only been a few coins with danglers that would be nice. Maybe make the dangler in the shape of a doggy bone like those collar id tags.