The crappy software that came with 60csx

boiseduo

Hi all

There HAS to be a way to do this. I'm trying to transfer more than 1 waypoint at a time to my 60csx, but the Waypoint Manager is not letting me. Everytime I try and drag and drop multiple .loc files into the Waypoint tab, it only accepts one of them. If one is in there already and I try and drag and drop a second, the one that was in there gets replaced! I can't enter (well, don't want to) 10 waypoints 1 at a time! Any suggestions here, or are there other freeware programs that are better for transferring multiple waypoints to your GPSr?

TIA!

Hi all

There HAS to be a way to do this. I'm trying to transfer more than 1 waypoint at a time to my 60csx, but the Waypoint Manager is not letting me. Everytime I try and drag and drop multiple .loc files into the Waypoint tab, it only accepts one of them. If one is in there already and I try and drag and drop a second, the one that was in there gets replaced! I can't enter (well, don't want to) 10 waypoints 1 at a time! Any suggestions here, or are there other freeware programs that are better for transferring multiple waypoints to your GPSr?

TIA!

GSAK. Not free but extremely reasonable and has a free trial period. Very robust and outstanding support from Clyde, the developer, and forums.

GSAK. Not free but extremely reasonable and has a free trial period. Very robust and outstanding support from Clyde, the developer, and forums.

Correction: GSAK is free for all time. After the trial period, you do get nag screens, but it is still free and fully functional. The nag screens basically are a window that comes up when trying to open it, and it counts down to zero, then lets you into the software. The wait period increases the longer you wait to register (I had it up to 80 seconds before I bit the bullet) but if you're willing to wait, it'll be free forever.

Edited by ThePropers

The best option is run pocket querries and use GSAK. You can enter them all at once.

But for the way you are doing it, you need to have two instances of MapSource running. Open one then open the other. Drag one waypoint at a time to the second copy. Then cut and paste the waypoint into the first instance of Mapsource. Then open the second waypoint and then cut and paste it.

Hi all

TIA!

Correction: GSAK is free for all time. After the trial period, you do get nag screens, but it is still free and fully functional. The nag screens basically are a window that comes up when trying to open it, and it counts down to zero, then lets you into the software. The wait period increases the longer you wait to register (I had it up to 80 seconds before I bit the bullet) but if you're willing to wait, it'll be free forever.

If TIME = MONEY, and you have to wait 80 seconds, then GSAK ≠ FREE.

Hi all

I guess I don't understand what you mean... Didn't MapSource come with your 60CSx? Using MapSource, all waypoints, tracks, routes, etc that are currently loaded into MapSource are uploaded to the unit together when you "send" to the unit, and all waypoints, tracks, etc on the unit are downloaded to the computer when you "receive" from it.

Edited by bkrownd

I guess I don't understand what you mean... Didn't MapSource come with your 60CSx? Using MapSource, all waypoints, tracks, routes, etc that are currently loaded into MapSource are uploaded to the unit together when you "send" to the unit, and all waypoints, tracks, etc on the unit are downloaded to the computer when you "receive" from it.

I don't understand?? I have the c320 and the 60cs and transferring waypoints, maps to and from either unit is a breeze with mapsource. With the 60cs, transferring routes and tracks to and from is equally easy.

And the POI Loader, never had problems with the c320.

Edited by GeoidPS