Posting photos in a forum post?

Hoosier_Daddy

I recently tried to post a picture on a forum posting, but discovered that the forums here require a URL. Someone mentioned a free image hosting service elsewhere on the net called imageshack, or something, which I used, but wasn't very satisfied with the results. It showed up on the posting pretty small with a black banner on the bottom showing the resolution.

Then during a look through the website updates, I see that the GC.com image hosting space was upgraded earlier this year. Unfortunately for me, the moderator made the posting assuming anyone who read it would know where to find this service. I've dabbled in quite a few sections of the forums, but can't find the answer.

Can anyone help?

Okay, maybe I should clarify. I have a photo that I took with my digital camera, and is currently on my hard drive. How can I put THAT on my forum posting??

upload it to one of your caches, then link to it

okaaaay. That's a good idea. So let's clarify it one step further. I haven't hidden any caches, yet. So now what?

I recently tried to post a picture on a forum posting, but discovered that the forums here require a URL. Someone mentioned a free image hosting service elsewhere on the net called imageshack, or something, which I used, but wasn't very satisfied with the results. It showed up on the posting pretty small with a black banner on the bottom showing the resolution.

ImageShack works fine. I use it all the time. You just posted the wrong image URL. Here's the photo from a few posts above, but hosted by ImageShack:

061030koalaslh7.jpg

See? No black banner. Here's the raw link to the image:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6416/061030koalaslh7.jpg

Edited by Prime Suspect

ImageShack works fine. I use it all the time. You just posted the wrong image URL. Here's the photo from a few posts above, but hosted by ImageShack:

061030koalaslh7.jpg

See? No black banner. Here's the raw link to the image:

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6416/061030koalaslh7.jpg

Thank you, master. I apologize, but I am still yet a padawan. I will follow your guidance.

Okay, maybe I should clarify. I have a photo that I took with my digital camera, and is currently on my hard drive. How can I put THAT on my forum posting??

A free site would be Flickr.com. Just make sure to attribute the hosting to flickr somewhere. I think that's part of the usage requirements.

The trick with ImageShack is to NOT use the "Forums" link(s) it gives you, but use the "Direct" link. It gives you "Forums", "Sites", "Friends", etc. Use use image button image.gif above, then paste in the "Direct" link ImageShack gives you.

You're done.

<_<