Garmin eTrex Legend Cx for $99.99!

Fred/Mary

In today's (Sunday 12-17-06) paper there is a sale ad for Target stores. On page 11 there is a picture of a Garmin yellow eTrex. The ad says:

"Garmin GPS etrex Adventure Pack with exclusive instructional DVD. Stores 500 way points. Garmin eTrex Legend Adventure Pack and Legend Cx on sale."

This is either a screw-up or a come-on.

Fred

I saw the ad in our local paper, it's sort of a "come on" but may be a "screw up". It technically is correctly saying that they're selling the yellow eTrex with the extras for $99 and saying that the Legend is also available too.

Interestingly, as far as I've seen in the past, those are the only two GPSr's that Target sells. I've seen them sell the yellow eTrex (without the extras) for $99 and the Legend for as little as $119 at times.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

I saw the ad in our local paper, it's sort of a "come on" but may be a "screw up". It technically is correctly saying that they're selling the yellow eTrex with the extras for $99 and saying that the Legend is also available too.

Interestingly, as far as I've seen in the past, those are the only two GPSr's that Target sells. I've seen them sell the yellow eTrex (without the extras) for $99 and the Legend for as little as $119 at times.

My local Target in Fargo, ND has the Legend Cx now. The pack contains the GPSr, a case, and the cables, etc. They had several others there also, but I didn't really look at them during my last trip since I already own a Legend Cx. I've also seen at various times most of the eTrex series, the Geckos, and the little one that straps to your arm for runners.

In today's (Sunday 12-17-06) paper there is a sale ad for Target stores. On page 11 there is a picture of a Garmin yellow eTrex. The ad says:

"Garmin GPS etrex Adventure Pack with exclusive instructional DVD. Stores 500 way points. Garmin eTrex Legend Adventure Pack and Legend Cx on sale."

Fred

I saw the ad too and was in a Target here in St. Louis. The yellow Garmin is $99 but you get a $30 Target gift card so it's $69, which isn't a bad price. The price on the Legend Cx package was $249, and marked as the new selling price, but of course they were out. <_< But with the $50 Garmin rebate, $200 isn't a bad price at all. I've already got the Legend Cx and love it, so the fact they were out didn't really affect me.

Rich

Fred

I saw the ad too and was in a Target here in St. Louis. The yellow Garmin is $99 but you get a $30 Target gift card so it's $69, which isn't a bad price. The price on the Legend Cx package was $249, and marked as the new selling price, but of course they were out. <_< But with the $50 Garmin rebate, $200 isn't a bad price at all. I've already got the Legend Cx and love it, so the fact they were out didn't really affect me.

Rich

So people don't ask the $119 Legend I was thinking of was for the original Legend, not the Cx which I imagine has much much better satellite reception.