The Best Cacher Ever !

ADKSherpa

Perhaps a well written 1 post topic could be pinned to the top of this forum. In it we could state the basics that everyone agrees on:

It is always a hot topic that is debated

There is a website that list who has the most found logs

Found logs do not always equate finds and thus it is subjective

Not again. Please tell me this hasn't been brought up again. :D

Its the first time it has been brought up if you are new to geocaching.

Be polite :D

Well you've been here a year and the OP has been here for 4 months. By now I would think you have heard this topic several times. If not you might want to try using the search feature of these forums.

I'm not trying to be rude. Please understand that. However both this topic and your thread has been brought up countless times and leads to nothing but grief and angst.

El Diablo

Not again. Please tell me this hasn't been brought up again. :D

Its the first time it has been brought up if you are new to geocaching.

Be polite :D

Well you've been here a year and the OP has been here for 4 months. By now I would think you have heard this topic several times. If not you might want to try using the search feature of these forums.

I'm not trying to be rude. Please understand that. However both this topic and your thread has been brought up countless times and leads to nothing but grief and angst.

El Diablo

Actually I have been here since May 2004

registered talesfromthesurface last Jan :D

Wife still caches under fantastic_4 (Original Geoname)

Quick Plug: I liked the Hobo Caching piece

Edited by TalesFromTheSurface

Ok, Sorry. I am brand new to geocaching and my mom came up with the question (I'm 12 years old). Just don't answer this. Now I know.

Welcome, and don't be sorry. It's not your fault, the forums are a good place to ask this. The only problem is the regulars here (like me) won't behave and answer it and move on. It becomes a big mess usually resulting in a few insults getting slung at the people with the most finds, and then another group of defenders sling it back. Just imagine a big food fight. :D

You might want to stick around, sometimes it's fun to watch if your not involved. :D

My vote for best individual cacher goes to JoGPS. Anyone who would fly to Brazil just to get an A.P.E. cache deserves the vote, but Joe also does bunches more for the GeoCommunity and I don't want to embarass him toooo much. <_<

Having once been 12 myself, (The Snoogstress says I'm perpetually 15) I think the OP might appreciate this info.

My vote for best individual cacher goes to JoGPS. Anyone who would fly to Brazil just to get an A.P.E. cache deserves the vote, but Joe also does bunches more for the GeoCommunity and I don't want to embarass him toooo much. <_<

Having once been 12 myself, (The Snoogstress says I'm perpetually 15) I think the OP might appreciate this info.

I'll second that. He was one of the first cachers I met, and welcomed me right in. He also has some great caches.

Find count could be an indication of who was best if geocaching were a contest with everyone playing by a set of hard and fast rules. Of course it is interesting and sometimes amazing to see those high numbers some cachers have but there are just too many variables to even make an attempt at naming a best cacher in this sense.

I would go more along with Snoogans if you wanted to figure out who is the best all around cacher. His/her dedication to gecocaching, his giving to the geocaching community, how well he finds caches, how creative he is with his hides, and his good personality would all enter into who might be considered the best. <_<

WOW!!! I'm in the top 1/2 of 1%! (#578/#190,811), and I'm hardly even trying. Yet the accolades keep rolling in.

I rarely visit the forums (Check my MEMBER SINCE DATE). I actually go Geocaching, and also go hiking WITHOUT geocaching), I think this is post #3? So FLAME AWAY all you FORUM CACHERS!!!

GM

Sokay to ask - we were looking for the link and found we'd lost it somehow. Now we have it back.

Angst? Only if we are into caching for the wrong reasons.

We're currently ranked 11,115 - totally AWESOME!!!

And we're Seahawk fans stuck in Maryland! w00t w00t

Its already been said, and quite well. For me the best cacher is one that places really cool caches that are well thought out. And a nice person to boot. Found numbers mean nothing to me.

Gotta add, I sure wish folks would post their DNFs.....They DO serve a purpose! I almost always go check on a DNF. Any cacher worth his weight shouldnt be ashamed.

I guess I'm just in a "gotta know" attitude today.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea of who the cacher with the most ever finds is ? It must be a lot, judging by the numbers around here. Let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks !

EagleO-10

The most finds is either CCCooperAgency or Team Alamo. I have met Lynn of CCCooper Agency and she is VERY nice and has an incredible enthusiasm for the game. Both teams will be at this event on thursday:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...70-f41e6efc4a89

However the "best" cacher is the one who has the most fun, and that is ME! <_< PFFFFT! :D