Help! I'm addicted ... are YOU?

I have to admit that I'm thoroughly hooked on geocaching.

I often hunt caches during lunch. It all began when I noticed a cache next door.

There were a lot of nearby caches; but I've already found most of them.

Now, I have to drive 4 miles or more to find new caches.

I sometimes return late from lunch, with dirt on my shoes, burrs in my pants and twigs in my hair!

Help! I'm addicted ........... Are YOU?

I get up an hour early, just so I can go climb through the bushes for a cache before work. I used to go out during lunch, but now I've got a 10+ mile drive to get into a cache area, so it's no longer practical. I only get 30 min for lunch, so by the time I drive there and drive back, if I can't cache and dash, there's no time for a real "hunt"...

On a similar note, I have also been known to plan "going out for dinner" in towns that I know there are caches I haven't hit. "Hey, honey... I was thinking... as long as we're out this way... :D

Yeah, I am adicted too...

Cache Advance

Howdy......

I have been late to work 3 or 4 times because of caching. I also have come back late from lunch a time or 2 for the same reason. I get away with it because I am the manager of my department. I tell the owner that I stopped and saw a customer on the way in / back. He likes that wink.gif

Vern... :D

Edited by Foothills Drifter

I have to admit that I'm thoroughly hooked on geocaching.

I often hunt caches during lunch. It all began when I noticed a cache next door.

There were a lot of nearby caches; but I've already found most of them.

Now, I have to drive 4 miles or more to find new caches.

I sometimes return late from lunch, with dirt on my shoes, burrs in my pants and twigs in my hair!

Help! I'm addicted ........... Are YOU?

I usually have to stop for lunch while caching.

How about 25 miles to my nearest unfound cache.

Okay, maybe I'm addicted, but I can stop anytime I want to......... :D:D

That is such a funny post! Thank you!!

Yup, the administrative assistant is getting better at laughing at me when i come in the door and pointing out the evidence of what I was doing for lunch!! Spider web in my hair or on my back was another one...

I have been trying to get them in to geocaching to give myself some cover... I've got some VPs now talking about making Geocoins or something to put in to the system!!!

Glad to know I am not the only addict. But I could quit anytime if I wanted to.... :D