60CSx how much memory room left?

Ultimate 5

I have a Garmin 60CSX with a 1GB mSD card. I have loaded approx 256 of City Navigator vr8 NT. I have currently loaded approx 90 Cache's.

How do I know how much more room I have? How much does the average cache take up in space? I am using GSAK and .gpx files.

Thanks a bunch! I am up to a whopping 16 caches now!!!

I have a Garmin 60CSX with a 1GB mSD card. I have loaded approx 256 of City Navigator vr8 NT. I have currently loaded approx 90 Cache's.

How do I know how much more room I have? How much does the average cache take up in space? I am using GSAK and .gpx files.

Caches or other waypoints do not take up room on the microSD card unless they are loaded as custom POI. If they show up in the Geocaches list when you do a Find > Geocaches then they are not loaded as POI. The 60CSx can hold 1000 caches. You canload much more than that if you load them on the card as POI. Routes and tracks also have dedicated memory that does not reside on the card. So the anser to your question is that you have room for 910 caches.

Caches or other waypoints do not take up room on the microSD card unless they are loaded as custom POI. If they show up in the Geocaches list when you do a Find > Geocaches then they are not loaded as POI. The 60CSx can hold 1000 caches. You canload much more than that if you load them on the card as POI. Routes and tracks also have dedicated memory that does not reside on the card. So the anser to your question is that you have room for 910 caches.

so what goes on the card other than my maps?

so what goes on the card other than my maps?

Holding map data is their primary purpose. But they also hold custom POI data, and track data, if you've set the unit up to store it there instead of main memory.

You can always check how much room is left on the card by going to usb storage mode from the comms menu, the card appears as removable storage: right click, properties and Bob's your uncle. Not sure how to check the built in memory shouldn't be an issue though as it's supposed to do 1,000 waypoints and tracks. I store tracks on the sd card and have only a few dozen waypoints, but I have all of UK and some of Europe map tiles + 15,000 caches as POI and a few other collections of POI's and have only used less than half of my 1Gb card. For those with an industrial espionage bent having half a gig of hidden storage is quite a big plus :)

Ultimate 5

Take a look at this thread and it will answear your question about how much memory is being used on your memory card in the GPSr.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=151250