mngca.org not working?

tirty3

Is anyone else having trouble with the www.mngca.org web site? I can't seem to open the site while others can. I get a "forbidden" message. I emailed several "officials" with the club but they don't respond. Maybe they are busy fixing the problem or maybe there really is a bias or contempt for the "newbies". I did have the webmaster complain about my lack of logged caches. Am I worthy?

Anyone know,

tirty3

And I still can't open the site. And I still haven't received a reply back form them. I can only assume that they are systematically excluding people from the club, as they won't repsond to me. I did nothing to upset them that I can think of. My last post concerned the BWCAW and other great wilderness locations in Minnesota. The only way that would make them made is that it is not in the Twin Cities Metro area.

I never received anything from them telling me I upset the club or anyone in the club. What am I supposed to think? Maybe someone here can clue me in. Let me know if you find any reason for me to be discriminated against.

tirty3

And I still can't open the site. And I still haven't received a reply back form them. I can only assume that they are systematically excluding people from the club, as they won't repsond to me. I did nothing to upset them that I can think of. My last post concerned the BWCAW and other great wilderness locations in Minnesota. The only way that would make them made is that it is not in the Twin Cities Metro area.

I never received anything from them telling me I upset the club or anyone in the club. What am I supposed to think? Maybe someone here can clue me in. Let me know if you find any reason for me to be discriminated against.

tirty3

About a year ago I was "banned for life" from the webmaster for calling myself a jackass while several of the board members (including himself) and others in the "in crowd" used language far worse. Many in that group want no one but people who agree wholeheartedly with them and follow the "leaders" without question.

Because of them I went to Northstar Cachers ( www.northstar-cachers.org) and have never looked back. They are so much more welcoming and open to new people and even opposing views. I see the "leaders" at mngca are back to their old ways. Well, good for them, they can ruin the group if they want. It's amazing watching all the old mngca people joining Northstar as well as plenty of new poeple.

I watched mngca start out from nothing to become a pretty good group for awhile, but something happened there. I pointed it out and was banned. I am watching Northstar-Cachers start out too and don't foresee the same problems.

Do yourself a favor, join Northstar-cachers and don't worry about the others.

thanks,

tomslusher sbs

tirty3

I'm not a webmaster, I don't know what to tell you. If you haven't heard from them, you might try other methods of contacting them incase the first one is somehow not working properly.

My first sugestion would be to clear out your cache history and cookies. Sometimes these things get cluttered and cause sites to not work properly. I've had to do that myself a couple of times with the MNGCA forums, and I know others have as well.

Try that and see if it works. The only other thought I would have is if someone who has been banned for various reasons somehow has access to the same ISP you do, which may have caused a ban on that IP number. There have been problems I know of some people signing the site up for spam and other various things, which can cause problems for everyone else who uses the site.

That's all I can think of for now

Celticwulf

My first sugestion would be to clear out your cache history and cookies. Sometimes these things get cluttered and cause sites to not work properly. I've had to do that myself a couple of times with the MNGCA forums, and I know others have as well.

Try that and see if it works. The only other thought I would have is if someone who has been banned for various reasons somehow has access to the same ISP you do, which may have caused a ban on that IP number. There have been problems I know of some people signing the site up for spam and other various things, which can cause problems for everyone else who uses the site.

That's all I can think of for now

Celticwulf

I tried your suggestions unsuccessfully. I didn't think that would work as I was unable to open the site with several different computers.

I wouldn't think I would be banned just by using the same ISP. For example, everyone using AOL or MSN.com all use the same ISP. I can't believe that someone would go to that extent to ban one person. The paranoia cannot run that deep. The IP I can see but I don't believe anyone here goes to the mngca website. I'll have to ask everyone, but I doubt it.

It still doesn't explain the virtual silence from the people in charge. I could be talked into believing that the first email I sent to webmaster@mngca.org, didn't get opened, but virtually every webmaster uses that account. Actually, I sent one first to the account that emailed me my registration info admin@mngca.org. That one was returned undeliverable. The webmaster one wasn't sent back so I assumed it was a good address.

I then sent an email to the president (I think I sent it to the right guy, pearhead) on his www.geocaching.com account. That one was also never responded to. I don't know who else to contact as I cannot get any more addresses as I cannot access the site.

I can't beleive these people who run this group would act this way. Could I have been banned for discussing the BWCAW? I haven't had any other posts for several weeks or so. And wouldn't they have at least given me the opportunity to be told what was the problem? Or is this a common pattern with them. Does anyone else see a problem with this or is it just me?

Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

Tirty3

I have been doing a little investigating and I found that I cannot open and view the cookie for mngca but I can for all others on my computer. Are they inserting some "funny stuff" on my computer? Can someone else check theirs and see if they have the same problem? How can I find out if there is some "unethical activity" going on?

Tirty3