Geocache Containers

Good Gods I hope he labels that stuff very very well.

The silver container in the upper left with the red cap would appear to a non cacher as a bomb with a plunger, promise it would get the police & bomb squad there very fast, even in the woods.

Times have changed & sadly not for the good in some ways

i havnt been a geocacher for too long but i have seen some pretty intresting geocache containers. for instance an altoids can with a magnet on the inside. what are some of the more intresting ones youve seen and liked. i think its always fun to see custom made containers, a nice diversion from the ever so popular ammo box.

I found one a few months ago that was a foam rubber dove perched in a tree. It was realistically painted like one of the Mourning Doves that we have many of in this area. :laughing:

If you ever make it to NJ, check out Treequest's caches. He makes about 90 percent of his cache containers.

Here is a pic from his profile:

bb51afab-32ff-43a8-b6f7-1717c9993d31.jpg

We just went out to Sparta last weekend to do some caching. After missing Caching Through the Snow III, we felt we had to get to Krough's or the holiday season would be a bust... Anyway, we got to see first hand some of Treequest's hides. Wow, very creative brilliant stuff. Some complete with red herrings and unlikely near unobtainable perches. Really cool.

There is a really cool hide ( sorry, no spoilers ) on the campus of West Point called the Armed Forces Cache.

Good Gods I hope he labels that stuff very very well.

The silver container in the upper left with the red cap would appear to a non cacher as a bomb with a plunger, promise it would get the police & bomb squad there very fast, even in the woods.

Times have changed & sadly not for the good in some ways

:rolleyes::wub: lol :wub::( Bomb with a plunger! I've found 50-60 of treequest's caches, and I've never thought of it like that. But now that you mention it, I can definitely see it!

I just placed a test cache were the container is a registration holder for a 53' trailer. It is designed to keep paper's dry, and to be outside year round in all weather. So far so good, but they are a little on the small side.

I also have another test cache that utilizes a welding rod holder for a cache container. Its pretty interesting, 1 foot long and about 3-4 inches in diameter. It works well, and is also designed to keep the rods inside dry, but for indoor storage. I think that cache has been out for a few months now, and so far everything is dry. It uses a gasket similar to an ammo can's gasket, so I'm sure it will fail sooner or later.