reset geocoins milage

DiscraftHero

Not that I know of. I'm sure TPTB COULD do it, but I'm guessing that they won't. Honestly, I think it would open a Pandora's Box of requests if they did.

I don't know. As long as it was an owner option and didn't affect the previous finder's stats I think the biggest complaint would be "Oops I clicked the button, can I get my miles back?"

Not that I know of. I'm sure TPTB COULD do it, but I'm guessing that they won't. Honestly, I think it would open a Pandora's Box of requests if they did.

I don't know. As long as it was an owner option and didn't affect the previous finder's stats I think the biggest complaint would be "Oops I clicked the button, can I get my miles back?"

It's an owner's option (like deleting all the coin's logs) but it's still going to upset the folks who posted those logs. I'd sure hate to lose an icon I'd "bagged". B)

CONFESSION: I was that owner who did erase a coin's history and won't do it again, I promise!! B):)

If its a personal milage coin then it shouldnt affect anyone else. I have a personal mileage coin or two myself & I think I only let 1 person log it as discovered.

Look back at the logs & see if there are any discovereds, if there are leave them alone, if they are all 'coin drops' then delete them, its your coin now.

Giving a item to someone then demanding they only do certain things with them is a lil silly, unless its family. You gave that coin away, its no longer your to control.

And deleting anything but discovers will erase the milage but not the icons, its just a long tedious process. I've done it but only had like 13 or so spots on it. 1 a personal coin drop & 1 a hid of mine.

I wonder if you could request a new activation code from the maker of the coin and then activate again in GC.com. I would think that it would get assigned a new TB # and the existing trail would still exist tied to the previous TB#. The only thing I wouldn't be sure of is when you logged it under the coin number if it would go towards the new or old TB#? Unless there is a way to archive the previous coin or mark it missing. I'm not sure of the logic between the Coin number and the GC.com assigned TB#.

And deleting anything but discovers will erase the milage but not the icons...

Deleting everything except Discovers will remove the icon for people who moved the coin. The people who actually moved it to a new cache.

I wonder if you could request a new activation code from the maker of the coin and then activate again in GC.com. I would think that it would get assigned a new TB # and the existing trail would still exist tied to the previous TB#. The only thing I wouldn't be sure of is when you logged it under the coin number if it would go towards the new or old TB#? Unless there is a way to archive the previous coin or mark it missing. I'm not sure of the logic between the Coin number and the GC.com assigned TB#.

I understand what you are saying, but it wouldn't work. It would make more sense to simply buy a new coin and start from scratch.

The OP wants to buy an already activated coin and have it be like new, no history. Guess what.