"All cache finds" not equal to all found caches

Kalkendotters

If you look under Geocache Information for User: hurbie you will see a total of 959 caches found.

When you click on the link All Cache Finds only 956 are shown (really, I've counted them all :( )

So where are the 3 missing ones ?

1 is the Locationless cache that he found; which is known to not show up in the list.

The other 2 are revoked/unpublished caches that he had found (specifically GCM8QB GCHHZC)

Moral of the story: dont trust the total records that is shown on the 'All cache finds' page.

How does a cache become revoked? I'm not clear on this. If a cache was published and then I found it and logged it doesn't it have to be archived if you want to remove it? Can you please explain further?

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have 968 finds everywhere but on the All Cache Finds page - which shows 967 finds. I've never found a locationless cache so that's not the issue. There are only two types of caches where I only have a single find of that type. One is a webcam and the other is a CITO event. Both are listed on the All Cache Finds listing.

How can I find out what cache isn't listed?

A revoked cache is usually a cache that was published under some falsehood to the TOS. It may have been published with information that made it legal; to find out later the information provided was false and the location of the cache illegitemate under the current guidelines. Even though the find is legit, the illegal cache nullifies the count. Blame the hider, not the listing service.

Points and runs in other sports can and are recalled over specific fouls or conditions. This happens to be one of those recalls.

Edited by TotemLake