Change Faceplate on Etrex Unit

It is POSSIBLE however it would require you to remove the rubber sheet that goies around the edge of the GPS which would make it no longer water proof, and only water resistant if lucky. I would strongly suggest you just buy the better one if you think it is that ugly (i agree the yellow is horrible).

I honestly think the bright yellow color is marketing to get people like you to spend more. I hate companies that do that, but I like Garmin, lol.

Yellow is ugly but has a function. Its easy to find when you put it down or drop it. Lay that blue-grey unit down in a rock formation and you'll wish it was yellow. It once took me an hour to find my grey Vista after I put it down on grey rocks.

One of the reasons I never understood the camo units. Drop one of those in leaves and forget it.

I have the Legend CX. I hate yellow, but I wish my gps was yellow. Just for the fact mentioned above. I'm scared to death to lay the legend down cause it's so well camoflaged!! Buy the legend cx, and sell the Trip and Waypoint Manager, cable, and card that comes with it on ebay (the venture cx doesn't come with a card) and you'll get a chunck of your $40 back. And you have the color you want. Or send me your Venture CX and I'll send you my Legend CX!! :(

As for the fella who mentioned the camo units. I think the manufacturers create camo units to increase sales. Lose it, buy a new one.

One note in regard to what was mentioned above. You can take it apart, change the housing, reassemble it, AND still maintain it's waterterproofness (is that a word?). But I wouldn't do this on a new unit, because I'm sure it would void the warranty.

Edited by GreatCanadian

You can purchase a carrying case. Mine has a clear window on it so you can see the screen thought it. I does not cover all of the yellow but a lot of it. I purchased one not to cover the yellow but to give protection to the screen. It also has a built in belt clip and a layett holder on it that keeps the unit up right when I moved the layett to that holder. I like the yellow a lot! Easy to find.