Topo Canada

I read Here on GPSCentral website that an unlock code is not required for Topo Canada or Metroguide Canada. Does that mean that no unlock code is required to install software on a laptop or on a GPS effectively creating an unlimited software? Please confirm.

Thanks!

Well, that depends on what you mean by "unlimited". Generally the terms of use specify one user, but copies may be placed on multiple computers (desktop and Laptop, e.g.), with only one copy in use at any given time. And it would mean on multiple GPSr's, again, for one user.

I read Here on GPSCentral website that an unlock code is not required for Topo Canada or Metroguide Canada. Does that mean that no unlock code is required to install software on a laptop or on a GPS effectively creating an unlimited software? Please confirm.

Thanks!

Well, that depends on what you mean by "unlimited". Generally the terms of use specify one user, but copies may be placed on multiple computers (desktop and Laptop, e.g.), with only one copy in use at any given time. And it would mean on multiple GPSr's, again, for one user.

So there is no unlock code required?

I guess I can put it in more than two GPS without worry.

Thanks!

So there is no unlock code required?

I guess I can put it in more than two GPS without worry.

The Garmin website says Topo Canada does not require an unlock code. It does not indicate whether or not Metroguide Canada requires one. Since the vendor indicated neither requires one, yes you could place them on all of YOUR GPSr's without violating the TOS.