remember your GARMIN $50 Rebate

GPS Derek

Just a reminder for those who bought a Garmin GPS that qualified for the $50 rebate (X models).

Did you ever get it?

I inquired about the status (no why I haven't got it yet, just to see if I was in the system) at 8 weeks but was told to wait the 12 weeks. Well 12 weeks is tomorrow so I jumped the gun and asked as I have yet to receive the postcard check.

First reply comes back stating the check was issued on Nov 14 and I should wait 30 days. Well 30 days is today. I also notice that the zip code says CANADA. Well Canada Post won't like that so I inquire about that.

Last reply points out (what I didn't see further down in the cut and past info sheet) that my street address is correct but that have me in Victoria BC.... I live in Ontario. They are requesting a new check so I guess I have another 30 day wait.

So, just a reminder to keep track of these things as $50 is $50.

If you have not received yours and it is over 12 weeks, contact email is rebate@garmin.com and you will need the usually information... name, full address and phone number.

For what it's worth, I received my rebate in 4 weeks. It came in the form of a postcard. It would be easy to miss as junk mail. I am quite exprienced in sending in and receiving rebates, so I knew what to look for, but if you weren't expecting a postcard, you might miss that it was your rebate check.

For what it's worth, I received my rebate in 4 weeks. It came in the form of a postcard. It would be easy to miss as junk mail. I am quite exprienced in sending in and receiving rebates, so I knew what to look for, but if you weren't expecting a postcard, you might miss that it was your rebate check.

got mine in 4 weeks too, it looks like junk mail! its just a postcard VERY easy to miss if you don't look close at all the junk mail,,, :(

B) Sent mine in at end of September and after reading your post sent in a request to garmin to give me status. Got an e-mail back that they use an offsite rebate company located in Texas and that they can not find out the status (ie if "approved or not ") until the 12th week. Sounds like a lot of bull to me and also means I have to wait until the last week of December?.

Ten days after I sent my rebate to Garmin I received an email with tracking information (including a tracking number). The message also contained a URL, which I posted below. The website that the URL takes you to will accept either a tracking number (from the Garmin email), or you can enter your name and zip code.

Like most of the others, I got mine in 4 weeks.

Fred

http://www.rebatetrack.com/quick/track/tra...number212292614

They must not like us here in Canada, My info shows;

Purchase Date: 09-21-2006

Postmark Date: 09-23-2006

Data Entry Date: 10-31-2006

Check Issue Date: 11-14-2006

My math shows over 5 weeks just in the mail and enter it.

Another 2 weeks just to process the check

4 more weeks before they would even look to see where it is

now probably another 4 weeks before I get my rebate.

15 - 16 weeks for mine if ti works this time.

Seems the 4 week turn around people are all from the US... Any from Canada?

Bought a new printer from Staples in late November, rebate arived yeaterday.