Calgary Cachers Forum?

ibycus

2:24pm...

Can't seem to access the Calgary Cachers forum through either of the domains (forums.calgarycachers.ca, forums.geocachingcalgary.com) also can't access the geocaching edmonton board. I'm guess right now that Host Baron has hiccuped (both sites are hosted by them).

Anyone else able to get through?

Strange things are happening at the Edmonton forum. The forum seemed to be on and off yesterday. 'Page not found' came up a few times. Also, the main page isn't recording date and time of latest posts anymore. Posts that did make it through were repeated 3-4 times. ...cue theme song to the Twilight Zone

Strange things are happening at the Edmonton forum. The forum seemed to be on and off yesterday. 'Page not found' came up a few times. Also, the main page isn't recording date and time of latest posts anymore. Posts that did make it through were repeated 3-4 times. ...cue theme song to the Twilight Zone

I tried to post on the Edmonton forum as a test, but it won't let me. :(

Hi Everyone,

Host Baron is having a problem with the control panel application that is used for installation of the MySQL databases. They are working on a solution and the time frame for a fix is unknown....

We would send all users an email, but we can't access the database any better than everyone else.

Try not to lapse into a coma from forum withdrawal :(

The CAC website is not on host Baron. The main page is on a server run by Ibycus and the content is built by Graylling so they are the ones to speak to. I have no idea why the CAC server is not working this morning

The GCE site is completely on Host Baron, so normally their system is worse.

The CAC website is not on host Baron. The main page is on a server run by Ibycus and the content is built by Graylling so they are the ones to speak to. I have no idea why the CAC server is not working this morning

The GCE site is completely on Host Baron, so normally their system is worse.

In the "It never rains, but it pours" category...

Something screwy is going on with my server, which runs, among other things the DNS on the CAC domain, and the CAC website (totally unrelated to earlier issues). The whole system seems unresponsive.

I think it *might* be related to some outages on Telus's network last night. IIRC, I don't have anything set up to check connectivity on that end, so if something got dropped somewhere, it might think its connected, and not be.

At this point I'll repeat my earlier offer/plea... if anyone else has access to somewhere that they can get a static IP, it would be nice if we had a backup server somewhere. I'm sure we could scrape together the hardware to run something.

I'm going to drop an e-mail to the guy who's office its sitting in, and ask him if he'll hit the reset button. Hopefully that will get it at least to respond.

If not, it might be a little while, as I currently have somewhat bigger fish to fry, as a can of diet coke just ruptured in my backpack, which had, among other things, my laptop in it. Seems my keyboard has gone non-responsive on me, and my mouse is locked up. I'm hoping once it dries out a little more, it will work again. Either that, or I'm going to have to dismantle it and see if I can find the problem (maybe wash in a little distilled water).

If not, it might be a little while, as I currently have somewhat bigger fish to fry, as a can of diet coke just ruptured in my backpack, which had, among other things, my laptop in it. Seems my keyboard has gone non-responsive on me, and my mouse is locked up. I'm hoping once it dries out a little more, it will work again. Either that, or I'm going to have to dismantle it and see if I can find the problem (maybe wash in a little distilled water).

I should add, the server issues mean that my e-mail is down as well, so if anyone wants to reach me, PM me is probably the fastest way to get a hold of me (either that, or my normal userid@ucalgary.ca)

I should add that Graylling has a copy of the CAC website here: http://members.shaw.ca/caching/

I suppose we could bother him to add a note about the forums......

According to Host Baron, they should be up and running tonight sometime.

NOTE : I was able to extract all the e-mail addresses from the CAC databases and WAS going to send out an update e-mail today .... over 300 e-mail addresses though <gulp>. Does anyone want to take on this little project tonight in case they're not up tonight?

Just tried now and got the following:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'smeago00_phpb1.phpbb_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config

Line : 215

File : common.php

------

Is this one of those situations where we should be thankful that we get a different error because that means someone is investigating the original problem? :laughing:

Hey all,

I posted this in the geocoin trading thread but want to get it out here too. I am looking for a geocoin that has the Calgary Stampede theme. I saw one somewhere a few weeks back and really wanted one.

I don't have much in the way of trading (still building my collection) but I'm willing to part with some of them if I have too or I will buy one. If you know of anyone who has an extra willing to part with it, please pm me or send me an email. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Tsun :(