Travel Bug incentive Idea

PlaidPirate

Being very new to the sport, I am not sure how often TB's change hands on average, so this may not be doable.

I was thinking of makings some "Geo Tokens" or wooden nickels with something on them. Drill a hole in the middle of one and attach the TB tag. (Longevity rule #1 :) ) The incentive part comes in when the bug is moved. If you move the bug closer to its destination, and would like one, then I would mail you an unblemeshed Token for you to collect. I figure it will cost me less than $1 per move. (maybe more internationally)

Some other rules would limit one Token per person (or mailing address). And maybe a rule that you would not be elible until someone else discovers or moves the bug (hopefully verifying that you indeed did move the bug).

If you don't want to give out your mailing address, thats ok too, just moving the bug would be fine.

What do you think? Feasible?

Edited by PlaidPirate

G'day

Like your idea and good luck with it. I sort of have a similar concept in that with my trackables that have specific goals, e.g., visit certain types of caches, I provide a small prize to the nth cacher who meets the goal. I don't announce the prize in advance rather keeping it a surprise.

Regards

Andrew

Being very new to the sport, I am not sure how often TB's change hands on average, so this may not be doable.

I was thinking of makings some "Geo Tokens" or wooden nickels with something on them. Drill a hole in the middle of one and attach the TB tag. (Longevity rule #1 :( ) The incentive part comes in when the bug is moved. If you move the bug closer to its destination, and would like one, then I would mail you an unblemeshed Token for you to collect. I figure it will cost me less than $1 per move. (maybe more internationally)

Some other rules would limit one Token per person (or mailing address). And maybe a rule that you would not be elible until someone else discovers or moves the bug (hopefully verifying that you indeed did move the bug).

If you don't want to give out your mailing address, thats ok too, just moving the bug would be fine.

What do you think? Feasible?

Whatever floats your boat. I would personally try to help regardless, but if it will get me a sig item I might not normally find, I'd jump through your hoop if I could. :D