Updated in the last 7 days

pppingme

What does "Updated in the last 7 days" mean in a PQ?

I understand it to mean:

1-Something got logged (find, dnf, note, etc)

2-Owner updated the page somehow

Is there anything else?

I have one PQ with this option selected and I think I'm getting caches back that I shouldn't be getting.

For example:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b1-814cd8c96f9b

Last log is about 3 weeks ago, and owner hasn't logged in for a month. So, why did I get this cache? I get a LOT more than just this. I would say that approximately 25% of the results don't seem to fit the criteria (no recent logs, and highly unlikely the owner has made a change).

Any ideas?

Perhaps a trackable has been logged in or out.

Some folks put their personal trackable through a cache and then delete the log so it doesn't clutter things up.

I thought about this too. For this particular cache it has a small TB history, so that was easy to eliminate (unless people are deleting their TB logs as well??).

As far as other reasons for deleting logs, I've had other caches that I just happen to have on my watchlist also show up as "changed in last 7 days", so I would expect to have seen an email on those, and I haven't.

I've also wondered if adding/removing from either a bookmark or my watchlist would cause the cache to be "changed", so I tried both and neither seems to do it.