The Nevada Thread

Jeepstr

Hi, I am traveling in from Ohio to do some geocaching in the Vegas, CA, AZ and UT area. I will be in the area for four days. Can you all give me some neat, rental car accessible caches to go after? I am trying to hit a few in each state.

Thanks,

FyrMdc

Which days? You may also want to check on NevadaGeocaching.com.

I am flying in on 2/2 and leaving Vegas for Phoenix on 2/5.... I have a small rental car so I am looking for caches that I can get close to but will appreciate. I don't think that I am wanting to spend all day on just one cache unless it is truly "the one".

Thanks,

Dave

We started a thread on www.NevadaGeocaching.com to come up with some recommendations for you (and other visitors).

MM, I know you're eager to get out on the trail again. But hey, if WWD can resprain his ankle so quickly, y'all are cursed down there. Take it easy, kay? Don't need our favorite bird home bound any longer.

Gecko - love the new site! But but but - approve me already! Sheesh! Tryi to be an early adopter and you're making me wait. :D

Checked the weather forecast. Snow days extended again.

I'm really sick of this weather. :D

Not having a great night. Feeling kind of sad and wishing it was June already. Going back to England for three weeks. Feels like its six years, not six months from now. :smile:

I could really use a warm summer evening and a nice cold beer!!!

:D

Holly, no real rush on watching Lost. I thought it was just a so-so opener. Next week seems like it will be better.

Holly, no real rush on watching Lost. I thought it was just a so-so opener. Next week seems like it will be better.

No Lost conversations please. I'm about halfway through Season 2and trying to figure out how to round up $50 for Season 3.

But, Holly, I did see a license plate for you...

LOSTNNV

Teri, call me if you want help getting Season 3 of LOST. You just gotta drive to Reno. :lol:

Hope you all have a nice weekend. (Except you Holly! I know you are doing taxes! Sorry!) Tomorrow Lauren and I are heading out to Galena Creek Park for a while. Hope we don't come home too frozen. Sunday I'm watching the game. Don't really care who wins since my team (Steelers) is out of it.

Who are you all rooting for??

Angie

Edited by NVGreenGecko

Teri, call me if you want help getting Season 3 of LOST. You just gotta drive to Reno. :lol:

And why do I "just gotta drive to Reno"? :D

Unfortunately, I have about as much chance of scrounging up the gas money as I do for getting the money to buy the box set. I wanna own these, not just rent them. I like the story line and man I would be INSANELY happy living on a semi-deserted island - even with wierdness galor.

And I'll be rooting for whoever gets the game over the fastest. :D I'm not a "sports" fan and being forced to stare at it 8 hours a day really is annoying - and why am I 'forced' you ask? Cause the Pit has three TV's, two of which are pointed in my direction, Keno has two that I can see, the Show Lounge has the BIG ONE plus two others I can see, and there's a little TV on every pillar in the reconstructed area and ALL OF THEM show sports 24/7/365!!!!! :D

I SO cannot wait until SOMEONE hires me!! I'm not asking much, just $12/hour!!! :lol::D:D

I like the story line and man I would be INSANELY happy living on a semi-deserted island - even with wierdness galor.

Would love to retire to an island or somewhere close to the ocean!

Are you kidding? Holly and I argue over who gets who on that show! We are both in love with Sayid and Sawyer. Yummo eye candy once a week! :lol:

(Give me a little slack here. You have your man. Mine is 5000 miles away! :lol: )

Never been there but the idea of living in a small, coastal fishing town in Maine seems very appealing. Will have to check it out someday. Hubby wants to retire in a small town. Me too. I grew up in a small town in the country and miss it. Thought about retiring in the English countryside too but I think its way too early to seriously consider that.

Thought you worked in an office away from the floor?

I do - cept for two days a week, and then the other three days I'm down here two hours a day to give breaks.

Have you considered working in Reno? Lots of jobs here start at $12 so you wouldn't be asking for anything different. What is average starting salary in Carson?

So far I'm finding $8 is about average, with a few places offering $6. To give ya an idea, I've been working here for 7.5 years and I'm not even making $12. Which totally sucks cause the average studio/one-bed apartment is running from $550-$700.

Are you kidding? Holly and I argue over who gets who on that show! We are both in love with Sayid and Sawyer. Yummo eye candy once a week! :D

:lol: Yuck, sorry, no - I'm not into the oiled "look at how many muscles I have" body. I prefer brains and personality. Since I'm completely happy with my guy - if I had to pick someone on the island to hang with it'd be Jack or Locke.

Hurm we should probably get this back to caching related - ummm :lol:

Has anyone on here taken a look at Wherigo yet? Even if you don't have a Pocket PC with a GPS or haven't shelled out the money for a Colorado, you can download the Builder and play the cartridges on your computer using the Emulator.

I've got a cartridge in the works, but at the moment it's sitting at a whopping 3MBs when the biggest cartridge online so far is a mere 1MB. I think I need to make up a "lite" version and then have the "monster" for those home-based players

:lol:

OMG! Holly!!!!!

He is SO unworthy!!! LOL!!!!!

Just got off the phone with Al. Finally remembered to ask him about the show last month. He didn't stick around for the actual concert but was there and heard a chunk of Led Zeppelin singing and doing their sound check! Lucky bastard!!!

Told him if they really do a World Tour and its anywhere on the west coast that 'Love ya honey but I'm leaving with Holly for the weekend cuz we are going to see Zeppelin!!!' HAHA! He just laughed and said OK.

I've been to the arena where they played last month but only from the outside. LOL! Its one of the city bus stops on the route from London to Greenwich. You can walk to that place within 45 minutes from my hubby's house.

Lets hope they do decide to tour and we can make it to one.

OK. Get back to your taxes. I'm going to take my kid to the park. Its cold out there! :D

:huh:

OMG! Holly!!!!!

Just got off the phone with Al. Finally remembered to ask him about the show last month. He didn't stick around for the actual concert but was there and heard a chunk of Led Zeppelin singing and doing their sound check! Lucky bastard!!!

What a freak! I can't wait for him to get back here so I can slap him! LOL!, Who the H*** misses Led Zepplin when the opportunity is right in your hands, GAAAHHHHHHHH!

Ok, I'm done now.

Teri, first off it is just a TV show. Jack and Locke aren't any smarter than Sayid or Sawyer (Sayid and Sawyer just have better abs :huh: ).

You need to get out of Carson. I believe the Wal-Mart warehouse starts at $14 and Amazon pays a lot better than $8! Have you tried the Starbucks plant? I've heard they pay decent too! I hope you've put in more applications than just IGT? I thought you wanted to get out of gaming? :lol:

OMG! Holly!!!!!

What a freak! I can't wait for him to get back here so I can slap him! LOL!, Who the H*** misses Led Zepplin when the opportunity is right in your hands, GAAAHHHHHHHH!

Ok, I'm done now.

Teri, first off it is just a TV show. Jack and Locke aren't any smarter than Sayid or Sawyer (Sayid and Sawyer just have better abs :huh: ).

You need to get out of Carson. I believe the Wal-Mart warehouse starts at $14 and Amazon pays a lot better than $8! Have you tried the Starbucks plant? I've heard they pay decent too! I hope you've put in more applications than just IGT? I thought you wanted to get out of gaming? :(

:huh: I can't follow this... What are you three yapping about?? Oh yea, Thanks Teri for being a lifeline today when Holly didn't answer. :huh:

:huh: I can't follow this... What are you three yapping about?? Oh yea, Thanks Teri for being a lifeline today when Holly didn't answer. :huh:

Nothing that you need to worry about. LOL!

My husband used to work for the company that staffs the arena where Led Zeppelin played in December. He was a manager and had to go there to make sure everyone showed up to work that day and all was running smooth. He got to hear some of Led Zeppelin's sound check while they played before the show. He could have stayed and seen the concert for free but he doesn't like that kind of music so he left. I say he is unworthy and Holly wants to slap him! He is more into the 'mellow' music that you like, John. haha

Second topic was the TV show LOST and the hotties that are on the show! We're married, but not dead! We can appreciate!! :lol:

My husband used to work for the company that staffs the arena where Led Zeppelin played in December. He was a manager and had to go there to make sure everyone showed up to work that day and all was running smooth. He got to hear some of Led Zeppelin's sound check while they played before the show. He could have stayed and seen the concert for free but he doesn't like that kind of music so he left. I say he is unworthy and Holly wants to slap him! He is more into the 'mellow' music that you like, John. haha

Second topic was the TV show LOST and the hotties that are on the show! We're married, but not dead! We can appreciate!! :(

:huh::lol::huh::huh::D

Second topic was the TV show LOST and the hotties that are on the show! We're married, but not dead! We can appreciate!! :D

:cool::blink::D:D:D

Ok, I think I've got it.

Led Zepplin is my favorite band of all time, I think he was nuts for not staying.

I don't watch Lost, but I know Holly is addicted to it.

Holly, I did find "FTF Compulsion"!

Finally, for both of you... "You are beautiful, it's true" :blink:

Yep, been down since sometime around 6pm yesterday - the rant session is already going under the main geocaching.com thread.

Sheesh, people get so irate over nothing 'omg, gc.com is down!! my life is over!'

:blink:

Oh please, Teri! Geocaching is your life! Count yourself in your above mentioned statement!

:blink:

:cool:

Jack and Locke aren't any smarter than Sayid or Sawyer (Sayid and Sawyer just have better abs ;) ).

New episode tonight Holly! Lauren is catching up on last weeks show. Love that scene:

C: 'Yeah, but I'm here.'

H: 'Oh yeah? Prove it!'

SLAP!

HAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, Locke is smart but he's too stuffy! He hardly knows how to smile. That gets old. I would have way more fun with Sawyer. Gotta have a good sense of humor!

OK. Almost time for the new show. My once a week fix. :lol:

No new Grey's tonight. Ugh! :D

Edited by NVGreenGecko

Jack and Locke aren't any smarter than Sayid or Sawyer (Sayid and Sawyer just have better abs ;) ).

New episode tonight Holly! Lauren is catching up on last weeks show. Love that scene:

SLAP!

HAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, Locke is smart but he's too stuffy! He hardly knows how to smile. That gets old. I would have way more fun with Sawyer. Gotta have a good sense of humor!

OK. Almost time for the new show. My once a week fix. :lol:

No new Grey's tonight. Ugh! :D

Oh Nooooooooo :D Angie, Holly..... Your beautiful it's true :D

Jack and Locke aren't any smarter than Sayid or Sawyer (Sayid and Sawyer just have better abs :rolleyes: ).

SLAP!

HAHAHA!!!!

OK. Almost time for the new show. My once a week fix. :)

No new Grey's tonight. Ugh! :)

Oh Nooooooooo :) Angie, Holly..... Your beautiful it's true :)

:) Too bad you can't add audio clips to the forums so when Holly and Angie opened up the forum James Blunt and this song would be playing.....we'd hear the screams way across town!

So far I'm finding $8 is about average, with a few places offering $6. To give ya an idea, I've been working here for 7.5 years and I'm not even making $12. Which totally sucks cause the average studio/one-bed apartment is running from $550-$700.

I know you've resolved the job issue, but if you DID want to relocate to Reno my apartment will be available at the end of the month and the one next door has just been revamped with new fridge and heater. $500/mo for 1 br/460 sq ft. Its a 4-plex 3 blocks from dowtown. Walk to events, the neighbors are quiet. I'm moving to peavine! My little mountain home ALMOST in Panther Valley LOL

I thought I'd bump this thread. Also a bunch of cachers are meeting up for a Geocachers Anon. (Geonon-Reno911 chapter) meeting at 7pm tonight at Great Basin Brewery on Victorian Ave in Sparks. This hasn't been posted as a formal event but a bunch of us are going to be there. If your in the Reno/Sparks area, stop by! :unsure:

I think it's time this thread was bumped again.

Guess who has finally made the move back home to Nevada? I will be working and staying in Vista, CA for a few more weeks, but Mrs. Don Coyote is officially living in Elko. And since I don't have a home in California anymore, I guess I am officially a Nevadan again.

Check out the Nevada Geocaching Association. That is where you'll get in contact with the locals down south with a few of us northerners also chiming in.

Already a member of those forums, but thanks for the link. You're just a bit late. :D

If you think your brain is fried now, wait until you have done a few desert caches in August!

See you on www.NevadaGeocaching.com

Well I have been up to red rock in July, so yea. While I'm new to Geocaching, I'm not new to Vegas. :anibad:

Greetings!!

You'll have to forgive the delayed response, most of us took a couple days to recover from GeoWoodstock last weekend and some of us just got home from a long road trip.

Hope you had fun. Sounds like that would of been a blast to attend. I'll have to mark my calender for next year.

----------------

Now playing: Bob Rivers - The Bob Rivers Show; May 21, 2008

via FoxyTunes

Karzdan,

Welcome to the madness! My coworkers laugh at my crazy adventures in GeoLand. I have one that giggles everytime I say GeoWoodstock! So when you are tromping through the desert, climbing over rocks or climbing trees - just remember this IS normal.

Edited by AHOLLYS

HABU! said: I wanted to make a final shameless plug for two events in Lake Tahoe next weekend:

6/28 & 6/29

Strike Gold In The Blue World! 2008 GC1AHKP

starting at the South Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites

6/28

Strike Gold In The Blue World Meet & Greet GC1D7Z7

at Murphy's Bar and Grill

Last year there were over 10,000.00 in prizes given away in the Sunday afternoon raffle at the geocaching event. Things like weekend stays at the Lake Tahoe hotels, concert tickets, dinner cruises, etc. Food and beverage were also included in the celebration!

Jahoadi and John said:

:D I made a mistake when I said this was tied to Opening day at the lake. That actually happened this past weekend (I know cuz I was stuck in traffic Saturday). The caching event (two days) is now not on the same weekend. 28 and 29 June. I spent Sunday with Habu! scouting places for him and his team to place caches. We also did some cache maintenance on some of his caches from last year! I didn't realize this was a chamber of commerce sanctioned event. It will be good folks and again I recommend doing it..... Pass the word!!! Traffic won't be as bad as I thought! There is also a meet and greet event at a restaruant/pub Saturday night. :D

Edited by jahoadi and john