The Nevada Thread

Jeepstr

There is a cache 15 miles from my land in Spring Creek that has been out for 5 months, 1 attempt, 1 DNF, no FTF.

Sounds like fun, what's the GC# for it?

:laughing: Yes, what is that # and where is Spring Creek. I smell an FTF!! :laughing:

What makes you two think I'm not saving the FTF for myself? I'll be back there again in July.

But I've already answered both questions in a previous post.

Jodi, if John tries for this cache now, IT IS NOT MY FAULT! :laughing:

There is a cache 15 miles from my land in Spring Creek that has been out for 5 months, 1 attempt, 1 DNF, no FTF.

Sounds like fun, what's the GC# for it?

:laughing: Yes, what is that # and where is Spring Creek. I smell an FTF!! :laughing:

What makes you two think I'm not saving the FTF for myself? I'll be back there again in July.

But I've already answered both questions in a previous post.

Jodi, if John tries for this cache now, IT IS NOT MY FAULT! :laughing:

:rolleyes: Now I remember it. No Jodi, I won't go for it..... Trust me? :blink:

What happened to the Neveda thread? I had to scroll way down to find it.

No one's talking here.

There's still an FTF out there you know...it's been a week or two.. 10 minutes here in San Diego and it would be gone!!

Welcome to a more relaxed style of caching, outside of Reno there are very f FTF hunters up here - and I'm fighting the gas bill.

Welcome to a more relaxed style of caching, outside of Reno there are very few FTF hunters up here - and I'm fighting the gas bill.

Gas is a lot more expensive here and we still managed to get out. By the way, it was nice of you and John to wait for me to get that Lamoille cache.

Hello! Was looking for other NN & ended up here. There doesn't seem to be much info on NN, or NCa for that matter. I am transplanted from Susanville, CA. now living in Ely & spend a lot of time in Pioche (as in 5 days a week!).

I finally got a GPS for Christmas & am hooked! Driving my husband crazy, actually... he's not quite sure why I get so excited about driving for an hour to be signing my name ; ) but he does enjoy the more remote 4x caches~ maybe he feels needed on these!

There are 2 bookmarked routes I stumbled on by Longwalker that are US Hwy 6 & US Hwy 93 from AZ to ID. As I haven't quite figured out how to do my own yet, I think they are a good thing!

I have enjoyed the caches in & around Pioche (TV land is unique) & Cathedral Gorge, there are a bunch towards Panaca & the UT border I am eyeballing right now. Just need to find time to get over there! Also would like to head back towards home

I would love to visit w/other cachers, the few in Ely I have contacted seem to prefer to remain anonymous, but they are still helpful. If anyone wants to say hello, I will definately answer back. May take 2 mos to do it tho! My Inet time is sporadic @ best, that's why I am just getting on to the forums, sometimes just logging my finds takes too long.

Happy Caching everyone!

Hello! Was looking for other NN & ended up here. There doesn't seem to be much info on NN, or NCa for that matter. I am transplanted from Susanville, CA. now living in Ely & spend a lot of time in Pioche (as in 5 days a week!).

I finally got a GPS for Christmas & am hooked! Driving my husband crazy, actually... he's not quite sure why I get so excited about driving for an hour to be signing my name ; ) but he does enjoy the more remote 4x caches~ maybe he feels needed on these!

There are 2 bookmarked routes I stumbled on by Longwalker that are US Hwy 6 & US Hwy 93 from AZ to ID. As I haven't quite figured out how to do my own yet, I think they are a good thing!

I have enjoyed the caches in & around Pioche (TV land is unique) & Cathedral Gorge, there are a bunch towards Panaca & the UT border I am eyeballing right now. Just need to find time to get over there! Also would like to head back towards home

I would love to visit w/other cachers, the few in Ely I have contacted seem to prefer to remain anonymous, but they are still helpful. If anyone wants to say hello, I will definately answer back. May take 2 mos to do it tho! My Inet time is sporadic @ best, that's why I am just getting on to the forums, sometimes just logging my finds takes too long.

Happy Caching everyone!

Hello and welcome. I am a native Nevadan currently residing in southern California. It is great to see someone mention my old stomping grounds. I have relatives in both Ely and Caliente and I generally go out geocaching when I am in Caliente for the Lincoln County Homecoming. I haven't found TV land yet, but I have found several caches in both Cathederal Gorge and Panaca. I hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Welcome lirpAjh!

Hey thanks for the pix on my Rule of Thumb cache - though I think I'll change it's name to Lady Luck... could NDOT have gotten any closer???

The only cacher I know over your way is the Reverend Chrum, though John - stationed in Fallon - is slowly making his way towards you. Don't think he's reached Austin yet, however.

Hopefully we'll be able to bump into each other on the trail someday. I heard Churm say he's thinking about a Spring meet & greet, that would be awesome!

Welcome to a more relaxed style of caching, outside of Reno there are very few FTF hunters up here - and I'm fighting the gas bill.

Gas is a lot more expensive here and we still managed to get out. By the way, it was nice of you and John to wait for me to get that Lamoille cache.

:D You're welcome, anything for a California cacher!! :D

:D You're welcome, anything for a California cacher!! :D

OK guys, this is the Nevada thread. These posts sound more like the San Diego Congrats thread! :D

Welcome lirpAjh!

Hey thanks for the pix on my Rule of Thumb cache - though I think I'll change it's name to Lady Luck... could NDOT have gotten any closer???

The only cacher I know over your way is the Reverend Chrum, though John - stationed in Fallon - is slowly making his way towards you. Don't think he's reached Austin yet, however.

Hopefully we'll be able to bump into each other on the trail someday. I heard Churm say he's thinking about a Spring meet & greet, that would be awesome!

:D Yes, welcome lirpAjh! Yep, made it to Austin this past weekend! Got a FTF in Ione on the way that was published on 20 Feb (called: The Town that refused to die!!) If you ever get out Fallon way, there are a few cachers here. Reno/Sparks has lots and they are friendly and helpful! :D

If you ever get out Fallon way, there are a few cachers here. Reno/Sparks has lots and they are friendly and helpful! :D

Eh hem!! "Reno/Sparks has lots"?? "*They* are friendly and helpful"??

So what about this poor Carsonite? :D What am I?

Fine, nobody cares about me. Ya'll just go up to Reno or out to Fallon, have fun without me. :D

:D

If you ever get out Fallon way, there are a few cachers here. Reno/Sparks has lots and they are friendly and helpful! :D

Eh hem!! "Reno/Sparks has lots"?? "*They* are friendly and helpful"??

So what about this poor Carsonite? :D What am I?

Fine, nobody cares about me. Ya'll just go up to Reno or out to Fallon, have fun without me. :D

:D

:D OOps.... I'm sorry, Yes I meant to include Carson City. Sorry Miss Teri.... My Bad, must have been the California infection MM is talking about... :D

:D OOps.... I'm sorry, Yes I meant to include Carson City. Sorry Miss Teri.... My Bad, must have been the California infection MM is talking about... :D

We must find a cure for that, now it's spreading to your minds! I think it's because half of you is still in CA - JODI! get up here!

Yeah, that's it, a complete and total separation from the infection source!

We must find a cure for that, now it's spreading to your minds! I think it's because half of you is still in CA - JODI! get up here!

Yeah, that's it, a complete and total separation from the infection source!

A little desert sun will cure the urban contamination. Then we won't see breadcrumb trails. :D

(Breadcrumb trails are fine, sorry Jodi! that was meant for John.)

New Trinket Trader caches in Carson City, Nevada

One up on Prison Hill, off Edmonds, behind big water tower. The other right of the 5th street roundabout. Placed today, and able to do quickly with kids or whatever. This is my fourth placement this month, with 3 more planned! Get the good stuff - Trinket Traders!!!

One up on Prison Hill, off Edmonds, behind big water tower. The other right of the 5th street roundabout. Placed today, and able to do quickly with kids or whatever. This is my fourth placement this month, with 3 more planned! Get the good stuff - Trinket Traders!!!

One was published, the other one needs fixed.

So Mr Shamus, how come you don't log your found caches?

:o Darn, I can't rush over there to try for any FTFs.... Teri, did you notice the FTF I got on 14 April for a cache published on 20 Feb? ;) That was just as we were talking about things like that. Keep the caches coming Shamus! <_<

why are they all from the San Diego area??

My guess, at least for John and me, would be... NAVY!

I'm not sure about John's rate/rank, but, I am a retired Navy Chief. With kids in high school and college, I am not yet able to return home to Nevada. But, as a property owner in both states, I stake a claim to being both a Nevada Geocacher and a California Geocacher.

I just find it interesting that out of the entire country, the most posters on the Nevada Thread are from down your way.

But, as a property owner in both states, I stake a claim to being both a Nevada Geocacher and a California Geocacher.

Hehehe, absentee geocacher! You ever swing through Reno or Carson or do you mostly hang out on the other side of the state?

why are they all from the San Diego area??

I'm not sure about John's rate/rank, but, I am a retired Navy Chief. With kids in high school and college, I am not yet able to return home to Nevada. But, as a property owner in both states, I stake a claim to being both a Nevada Geocacher and a California Geocacher.

Small world, eh?

AGC USNR - Retired

But, as a property owner in both states, I stake a claim to being both a Nevada Geocacher and a California Geocacher.

Hehehe, absentee geocacher! You ever swing through Reno or Carson or do you mostly hang out on the other side of the state?

Let's see... my father, a sister and a brother live in Las Vegas; a sister and a brother live in Henderson; my mother and a brother live in Caliente, an uncle lives in Ely, my grandmother lives in Elko and my property is in Spring Creek. I would say I have the east side of the state pretty well covered. Oh yeah, I do have another odd-ball brother that lives in Fallon (also a retired Navy Chief). If I visit him, I manage to get in some western (or is that central) Nevada geocaching.

Small world, eh?

AGC USNR - Retired

EMC, USN, Retired although I one time I was an ETC(SS).

:o Ok, I'm an Active duty LDO Commander and once was an AXC. Skillet (who contributed to this thread a few entries ago is a retired Master Chief (nice job on the FTFs). Lots of connections here! I went and met Don Coyote's brother a couple of weeks ago. Now, back to caching entries. Yes Moose Mob, you are forgiven!! <_< Everyone cache on!

Are there any other branches of the Military represented in Nevada?

(I could include my 11 years active USMC prior to my 11 years USNR)

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I would say the USAF is probably better represented than the USN, at least in the pointy end of the state. :)

Are there any other branches of the Military represented in Nevada?

(I could include my 11 years active USMC prior to my 11 years USNR)

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I would say the USAF is probably better represented than the USN, at least in the pointy end of the state. :)

True, but they aren't here in this thread. Or very many others that I have seen.

I'll represent the civilian side of Nevada!

If you weren't so cute I would tell you to get your own thread. :)

Then this comment isn't needed. :)

Hey, all you military folk need someone outside who can stand up and say "Thank You!"

Though I think we need to get Mudshark over here, I see AF, Navy, Marines, and he's Army.

edit - thought of a better comment. Hindsight 20/20 you know?

Edited by NevadaWolf
Jodi and John haven't acknowledged my apology. :) I think I am in big trouble. :)

:) This is Jodi! MM: You scared the you-know-what out of me. I thought John was in trouble !!! Never had a cache archived by admin....but it was kinda funny....:lol:

I thought it was funny. :) But that deflated real fast when I heard of your reaction. :lol: Sorry. :(

Jodi and John haven't acknowledged my apology. B) I think I am in big trouble. B)

:blink: This is Jodi! MM: You scared the you-know-what out of me. I thought John was in trouble !!! Never had a cache archived by admin....but it was kinda funny.... ;)

I thought it was funny. :rolleyes: But that deflated real fast when I heard of your reaction. :mad: Sorry. ;)

:blink: No apology needed...I just didn't know you had such a great sense of humour!!