The Nevada Thread

Jeepstr

If this weekend doesn't work, next weekend would be great as well. I have a wedding to go to saturday evening so I wouldn't be able to dedicate too much time. I've hit quite a few in the hills off of pyramid, but if you guys would want to hit them I'd be happy to go along. The loop out pyramid highway to the lake, then back to Wadsworth/Fernley looks to be packed with caches. And back to sparks on 80 has quite a few. I think we could beat that record of 21 pretty easy [ :D ]

Altered-I sent you an email

We've actually have bagged most of the ones in the Patrick/Waltham Way area, but I am willing to go there again, I think there are a few we missed, I think there might even be some Safe1 caches out there that we have missed! I love the Safe1's B) John, if your in town give us a call!

B) Altered.... I'm willing to drive out that way tomorrow (Sat) morning. If you give me coords (the right ones this time LostinReno B) ) I will meet you. I will probably have to depend on your info to cache as i won't have any loaded in my GPS unit. We don't have to be out all day if you have awedding to go to. I do like to start early B)

How's it going? Sounds like your making alot of friends. :D:D:D

:D Hi John, I'm doing pretty well here, It has been cold, but I will get used to it. I went to an event here last weekend so I got to meet a bunch of cachers and they are just like the ones in San Diego B) . Jodi and my "streak" is finally coming to an end, so we can get back involved in our other hobbies! Hope you are well!

Okay, I know I'm coming across as a flake, but whats the term... "sometimes life gets in the way". I have the wedding to go to today and have friends coming in from out of town that will stay with us. Plus we have to be there by 3 and I thought it wasn't till 5. Good thing my wife keeps track of stuff like that B) So... Lets make a plan for next saturday, I have nothing going on and will make solid plans for the day. We could maybe meet up half way between reno and fallon, or just meet here in town. I had brought up going to the UNR area with Lostinreno, there seems to be quite a concentration of caches in the area. I usually have my laptop with me, and I could load a bunch of caches into it and bring it along. If you have a cable for your gps we could download them to it so everyone has the waypoints.

B) What?? life getting in the way of caching... :D Just kidding, I know that there area actually more important things!! I won't know if I am available for this next Saturday until we get a little closer, but I will try to keep it available. I will go anywhere (except a 30 mile circle around Fallon because I have all of the caches there). Maybe LostinReno will be available too.

Okay, I know I'm coming across as a flake, but whats the term... "sometimes life gets in the way". I have the wedding to go to today and have friends coming in from out of town that will stay with us. Plus we have to be there by 3 and I thought it wasn't till 5. Good thing my wife keeps track of stuff like that :D So... Lets make a plan for next saturday, I have nothing going on and will make solid plans for the day. We could maybe meet up half way between reno and fallon, or just meet here in town. I had brought up going to the UNR area with Lostinreno, there seems to be quite a concentration of caches in the area. I usually have my laptop with me, and I could load a bunch of caches into it and bring it along. If you have a cable for your gps we could download them to it so everyone has the waypoints.

:D What?? life getting in the way of caching... ;) Just kidding, I know that there area actually more important things!! I won't know if I am available for this next Saturday until we get a little closer, but I will try to keep it available. I will go anywhere (except a 30 mile circle around Fallon because I have all of the caches there). Maybe LostinReno will be available too.

I should be around this weekend, hoping to get my 200 by the end of the week! :D

Wow, you're on a roll! The wedding I had this weekend had the ceremony up in Virginia City, and it killed me to know there was a bunch of caches in the area that I hadn't found yet. So maybe we could do a cache day up in VC? Up gieger grade to vc, then down 6-mile canyon and back through carson city, or maybe even back up 50 to silver springs and back to reno through fernley?

Wow, you're on a roll! The wedding I had this weekend had the ceremony up in Virginia City, and it killed me to know there was a bunch of caches in the area that I hadn't found yet. So maybe we could do a cache day up in VC? Up gieger grade to vc, then down 6-mile canyon and back through carson city, or maybe even back up 50 to silver springs and back to reno through fernley?

Ohhhh, I haven't done VC at all. I'm in! :D

Ohhhh, I haven't done VC at all. I'm in! :)

:lol: I am interested in Virginia City. Early start is good! Give me some coords and a time to meet and I will be there Saturday morning. :) Anyone else besides LostinReno and altered7151 ?? :)

I might bring my buddy with me that caches with me on occasion, but maybe we can plan a meeting spot and ride in one car? I looked up the caches on google earth for the area, and it looks like coming through South Reno, up Geiger Grade to VC, down 6-mile canyon to 50, 50 back to Carson City, then back to Reno through North Carson and Washoe Valley will give us a good collection of quality caches. John, I know you're coming from Fallon, so not sure where you'd want to meet, let us know what's easiest for you. I'd like to hit the Pagni Canyon Cache on the north end of Washoe Valley too if we have time, its a little bit of a hike, but it is one of the original caches in the Reno area. I'm down for an early start, just not TOO early :lol:

Edited by altered7151

I might bring my buddy with me that caches with me on occasion, but maybe we can plan a meeting spot and ride in one car? I looked up the caches on google earth for the area, and it looks like coming through South Reno, up Geiger Grade to VC, down 6-mile canyon to 50, 50 back to Carson City, then back to Reno through North Carson and Washoe Valley will give us a good collection of quality caches. John, I know you're coming from Fallon, so not sure where you'd want to meet, let us know what's easiest for you. I'd like to hit the Pagni Canyon Cache on the north end of Washoe Valley too if we have time, its a little bit of a hike, but it is one of the original caches in the Reno area. I'm down for an early start, just not TOO early :lol:

Uggghh, I got roped into going up to Mt.Rose on Saturday for a Jr.Ski Program function, Sunday?

Yeah sunday should work for me, I'd have to check though.

And then I remembered.....it's Super Bowl Sunday :wub: Looks like my caching is going to be limited this weekend :cool: :cool: I still can't believe no one has placed one at Mt.Rose Ski Resort, well that is going to change this weekend! If I don't get time to find any, I may as well place one! At least there isn't much snow, shouldn't be too hard to hide an ammo can up there!

Next weekend I have no obligations! Woohoo!

And then I remembered.....it's Super Bowl Sunday :D Looks like my caching is going to be limited this weekend :blink::wub: I still can't believe no one has placed one at Mt.Rose Ski Resort, well that is going to change this weekend! If I don't get time to find any, I may as well place one! At least there isn't much snow, shouldn't be too hard to hide an ammo can up there!

;) Ok, does that mean we are back to Saturday altered7151??? I was going to mention the Super Bowl Sunday thing too. I guess LostinReno is out completle for this weekend. Saturday early, give me coords and a time and I'll be there?? :o

And then I remembered.....it's Super Bowl Sunday :D Looks like my caching is going to be limited this weekend :blink::wub: I still can't believe no one has placed one at Mt.Rose Ski Resort, well that is going to change this weekend! If I don't get time to find any, I may as well place one! At least there isn't much snow, shouldn't be too hard to hide an ammo can up there!

;) Ok, does that mean we are back to Saturday altered7151??? I was going to mention the Super Bowl Sunday thing too. I guess LostinReno is out completle for this weekend. Saturday early, give me coords and a time and I'll be there?? :o

Yeah I can still do saturday, wasn't sure if you wanted to hold off until the following weekend until lostinreno can meet too or not. Since she hasn't done VC yet, maybe we can save that until everyone else can get together. Any other locations you want to hit? Maybe we could start at the Pagni Canyon cache then work back through washoe valley and south reno. Lostinreno has already hit most of the caches in south reno but I haven't so this would be a good chance to hit those also. I know there are quite a few in the huffaker hills and rattlesnake mountain area.

And then I remembered.....it's Super Bowl Sunday :D Looks like my caching is going to be limited this weekend :o:P I still can't believe no one has placed one at Mt.Rose Ski Resort, well that is going to change this weekend! If I don't get time to find any, I may as well place one! At least there isn't much snow, shouldn't be too hard to hide an ammo can up there!

:unsure: Ok, does that mean we are back to Saturday altered7151??? I was going to mention the Super Bowl Sunday thing too. I guess LostinReno is out completle for this weekend. Saturday early, give me coords and a time and I'll be there?? :blink:

Yeah I can still do saturday, wasn't sure if you wanted to hold off until the following weekend until lostinreno can meet too or not. Since she hasn't done VC yet, maybe we can save that until everyone else can get together. Any other locations you want to hit? Maybe we could start at the Pagni Canyon cache then work back through washoe valley and south reno. Lostinreno has already hit most of the caches in south reno but I haven't so this would be a good chance to hit those also. I know there are quite a few in the huffaker hills and rattlesnake mountain area.

:D We can hold off on doing what LostinReno wants to do until next weekend. I don't know where you are talking about (Pagni Canyon and Washoe Valley), but I will go anywhere you want. Are you paperless and have the cache page info in a PDA or something ? If you post the coords to a cache and time, I will meet you there and we can figure it out from there! I'll E mail you separately with my Cell phone number. Anyone else out there listening want to go Saturday morning?? :D

Wow, this is turning out to be tougher than I though! :o:unsure: I just got a call that there is a meeting tomorrow for the race team, so looks like I'll have to pull out of tomorrow as well. So although I wont be able to get much if any caching in this weekend, I get to go play with a new Viper and Porsche 997 racecar :P Haha, tough choices huh. So... Lets shoot for next weekend, maybe we can go for the VC loop. John, go ahead and shoot me an email with your number and we can probably coordinate a little better that way. I am paperless, and also usually bring my laptop with me loaded with a bunch of waypoints. So if you have a data cable for your GPS I can transfer all the waypoints to you so we all have the same data. I think I'll take some time this weekend and get a couple caches placed that I've been sitting on for a while now. Hope to get a tough puzzle cache out there, as well as a fun camoed traditional, especially since I had to disable my only hide due to some construction :blink:

Wow, this is turning out to be tougher than I though! :P:unsure: I just got a call that there is a meeting tomorrow for the race team, so looks like I'll have to pull out of tomorrow as well. So although I wont be able to get much if any caching in this weekend, I get to go play with a new Viper and Porsche 997 racecar :D Haha, tough choices huh. So... Lets shoot for next weekend, maybe we can go for the VC loop. John, go ahead and shoot me an email with your number and we can probably coordinate a little better that way. I am paperless, and also usually bring my laptop with me loaded with a bunch of waypoints. So if you have a data cable for your GPS I can transfer all the waypoints to you so we all have the same data. I think I'll take some time this weekend and get a couple caches placed that I've been sitting on for a while now. Hope to get a tough puzzle cache out there, as well as a fun camoed traditional, especially since I had to disable my only hide due to some construction :D

:blink: OK, I will figure out something for myself tomorrow and watch football Sunday :o

Wow, this is turning out to be tougher than I though! :D:D I just got a call that there is a meeting tomorrow for the race team, so looks like I'll have to pull out of tomorrow as well. So although I wont be able to get much if any caching in this weekend, I get to go play with a new Viper and Porsche 997 racecar :D Haha, tough choices huh. So... Lets shoot for next weekend, maybe we can go for the VC loop. John, go ahead and shoot me an email with your number and we can probably coordinate a little better that way. I am paperless, and also usually bring my laptop with me loaded with a bunch of waypoints. So if you have a data cable for your GPS I can transfer all the waypoints to you so we all have the same data. I think I'll take some time this weekend and get a couple caches placed that I've been sitting on for a while now. Hope to get a tough puzzle cache out there, as well as a fun camoed traditional, especially since I had to disable my only hide due to some construction :huh:

:D OK, I will figure out something for myself tomorrow and watch football Sunday :D

:D You could come home John and cache with your wife!!!! r/ jodilynn

Hey John, Thanks for the long distance lifeline yesterday! Two 5 terrains in one day rocks dude! I still say that it will be tough to catch up to ya....We are trying to clear out our 10 mile radius as well however the puzzle caches seem to be slowing us down a bit...We appreciate the help that we get from ya'll and know that if we ever pass you up it will be because you helped us so much....so really you will always be ahead in this game....We are thinking about following your cache trail in Fallon [:huh:] kwver

Myself and NV Green Gecko are planning a Fernley/Fallon run this weekend, I know John has swept most of this area, but your more than welcome to join us! Of all the years I've lived here, I have never been out to the base (just driven past it) Altered, if your available or anybody else we are headed that way!

The more the merrier! :huh:

Sunday? Not sure if Saturday will work yet. Plus its supposed to rain pretty good Saturday, then again thats what raincoats are for <_<

:blink: The only area I need that you are going to is the Indian reservation direction around Fernley. I've cleared out all the caches from Fernley to Fallon along 80/95, alt95/50 and along alt50. :( Because of that I'm probably not going to join you. You can call me for a life line and if I can remember the cache, I will help you! (My wife has the good memory) :P

Sunday? Not sure if Saturday will work yet. Plus its supposed to rain pretty good Saturday, then again thats what raincoats are for :o

:o The only area I need that you are going to is the Indian reservation direction around Fernley. I've cleared out all the caches from Fernley to Fallon along 80/95, alt95/50 and along alt50. :huh: Because of that I'm probably not going to join you. You can call me for a life line and if I can remember the cache, I will help you! (My wife has the good memory) ;)

Yeah, I keep hearing the dreary rain report for the weekend :o I know we need it but do it during the week! :o If its really bad, may end up staying home and paint some containers I have aquired. I mentioned to a coworker that I wanted her Altoids tin when she was finished and apparently word got out! I finally placed my first one up at Mt.Rose Ski Resort, no one has found it yet!

Oh and yesterday I actually took the time and managed to navigate my way through the GBES yahoo group, wow are they ever against getting a real forum! :rolleyes: Oh well!

Howdy ya'll!!

Just a minor point, it's really doc of rock against them. Him and Rusty have been butting heads for years.

<now drops topic>

Yeah, I like an area I can post to! Name's NevadaWolf and from Carson - done all the ones down here save the newest ones by Duke Johnson / Huntsman.

Mama Laughing Gravy, Moonchaser, and I will be doing our usual monthly 'girly day' through Reno on the 16th. Maybe we'll run into some of you.

:)

I love hearing input and actual stories about caches from actual people than getting them from someones random lists. I have these marked in my "ToDo" list for E.Nev, if we ever get out that way. I have a travel bug that my husband rescued from Saskatchewan that needs to make it to Rachel, NV, we've never been down that way either and are hoping to make it in the spring on our way to Vegas for the races.

I too will be in Las Vegas for the races. Last year was my first year there as a geocacher and I hit a few of the geocaches that were close to the track. Naturally, I plan to hit a few more this year. Is there a potential for an Event Cache this year or at least a get-together?

Last year was the first year for the races for us too, but we weren't caching yet :) hopefully this year will be warmer, it was bitter last year! I haven't heard of an event down there yet. They should do something!

I read on GBES that your March trip has been cancelled, too bad. :) Is anyone else going to be in Vegas for the races. I know of at least one other geocacher from San Diego that will be there and we plan on hitting a few caches around the track. It would be great to get together with other geocachers and at least share a brew.

Howdy ya'll!!

Just a minor point, it's really doc of rock against them. Him and Rusty have been butting heads for years.

<now drops topic>

Yeah, I like an area I can post to! Name's NevadaWolf and from Carson - done all the ones down here save the newest ones by Duke Johnson / Huntsman.

Mama Laughing Gravy, Moonchaser, and I will be doing our usual monthly 'girly day' through Reno on the 16th. Maybe we'll run into some of you.

:) Hi, Congratulations on going over 1000 finds!! 4 digits! I'll be in San Diego for that long weekend in February. I doesn't look like I will be catching up with anyone this weekend. Ya'awllll have a good hunt! :huh:

I read on GBES that your March trip has been cancelled, too bad. :) Is anyone else going to be in Vegas for the races. I know of at least one other geocacher from San Diego that will be there and we plan on hitting a few caches around the track. It would be great to get together with other geocachers and at least share a brew.

Yeah, some stuff came up to where we just can't make it this year, I did get an email from Vitus Zebulon saying that he was going down to races and would take my bug. You may want to shoot him an email. I've never met him but he did say he was going to be down there for quite a few days.

Howdy ya'll!!

<now drops topic>

HI Nevada Wolf!

Yeah, I could tell there had been some past um..tension there :) decided to drop the topic!

How fun (on the girly day)! We have a date with the Tax Man on the 16th :huh: I do have the day off, hmmm, am going to have to squeeze in some caching! :(

Howdy ya'll!!

<now drops topic>

I try to be nice. Really I do. Unfortunatly I'm not much of one to sit quietly in the corner when I have an opinion on a subject.

<now drops topic>

Good to see you are back caching NVwolf. :)

Howdy ya'll!!

<now drops topic>

;)

I try to be nice. Really I do. Unfortunatly I'm not much of one to sit quietly in the corner when I have an opinion on a subject.

<now drops topic>

Good to see you are back caching NVwolf. ;)

Who said you could speak? :lol:

Howdy ya'll!!

<now drops topic>

:lol:

<now drops topic>

Moos Mob showed up, carp there goes the neighbor hood. ;)

Howdy ya'll!!

<now drops topic>

:lol:

<now drops topic>

Moos Mob showed up, carp there goes the neighbor hood. ;)

Mwahahahaha!

Ya know, I'm due for a trip to Carson City. Can I put some lame micro's in your backyard?

Altered, well put on the GBES site! I was thinking it but couldn't explain it, Well done!! I have tried to like it, it even took some manuevering just to see what you wrote! :anitongue:

Haha, yeah. To each their own I guess. I've been a member of several performance automotive forums for a long time, and all the forums have archived the mailing list and moved to forums. Funny thing is that everyone complained about the change at the time, but now everyone cant believe we used to do it like that. <_<

So back to the matter at hand... So tomorrow doesn't look good. I would have got online earlier to say that but power's been out at my house for the past 4 hours, I'm having tech device withdrawls. Actually, tomorrow afternoon might not be bad, after about 2 or so. Its supposed to be raining pretty good both days, but I've got waterproof jackets and the rain just cuts down on muggles :unsure: I think most of you guys have my cell number, just give me a call if you want to head out!

Can I make a request from you all? When you reply to a comment, remove all the unrelated previous comments?

On my phone's screen (what I usually use to keep in touch) it's really hard to scroll through all that multiple times. Just asking.

Secondly, thanks for the congrats on the 4th digit. Glad I finally made it. It's been a totally cool journey.

Rusty, good to see you're still around. Been a long time.

MM, remember Rusty's in Reno, don't you dare put lame micro's in *my* backyard. I can get down to you to return the favor.

Everyone else, would love to go caching with ya, but I'm near Roseville for the event tomorrow. Yeeha! :anitongue:

Edited by NevadaWolf

Can I make a request from you all? When you reply to a comment, remove all the unrelated previous comments?

On my phone's screen (what I usually use to keep in touch) it's really hard to scroll through all that multiple times. Just asking.

Secondly, thanks for the congrats on the 4th digit. Glad I finally made it. It's been a totally cool journey.

Rusty, good to see you're still around. Been a long time.

MM, remember Rusty's in Reno, don't you dare put lame micro's in *my* backyard. I can get down to you to return the favor.

Everyone else, would love to go caching with ya, but I'm near Roseville for the event tomorrow. Yeeha! :huh:

You're so cute when you have a point to make.

Speaking of micros, I think we've found the coolest one yet (NVGreenGecko gets the credit of the actual find!). GCVNPF-Stuck on you Pt.8 Wadsworth. It's another one of those cool places you would never go if it wasn't for geocaching also visit the nearby "Swinging Bridge" cache. These made the trip to Fernley/Wadsworth so worth it!

Speaking of micros, I think we've found the coolest one yet (NVGreenGecko gets the credit of the actual find!). GCVNPF-Stuck on you Pt.8 Wadsworth. It's another one of those cool places you would never go if it wasn't for geocaching also visit the nearby "Swinging Bridge" cache. These made the trip to Fernley/Wadsworth so worth it!

I'm gunna go play with the nice kids. :)

Byjer is sick when it comes to micros. I think Churm is his only equal. There's some clever ones coming out lately.

I heard of one in Roseville called 10 Foot Pole. The cache is on <b>top</b> of a light pole. It's a one star terrain, five star difficulty. :mad:

Twisted people out there.

I'm gunna go play with the nice kids. :mad:

Byjer is sick when it comes to micros. I think Churm is his only equal. There's some clever ones coming out lately.

I heard of one in Roseville called 10 Foot Pole. The cache is on <b>top</b> of a light pole. It's a one star terrain, five star difficulty. :)

I wonder how obvious it would be to lug a ladder there?:cry:

I want to go back to Roseville and cache! I did see that event they had on Saturday, I hmm'd and haw'd about it all week, then about the time I thought I would go they were starting to enforce chain controls on 80 :mad:, how was it?? I've only found two there, I think one was Spam and the other one was Beware of the trolls, it was somewhere off of Secret Ravine Rd, there is a really cool bike trail down there with a ton of caches on it, maybe in the Spring I'll have to go down and tackle them! (maybe get a group from here and go down there)

I'm gunna go play with the nice kids. :mad:

I heard of one in Roseville called 10 Foot Pole. The cache is on <b>top</b> of a light pole. It's a one star terrain, five star difficulty. :)

Hey, By the way congrats on the 1000th, heard your audio on podcacher today, pretty cool!

The last 10 or so posts in this thread would have had a great audience on NevadaGeocaching.com

What? Me pushing the NGA site? :):mad:

I am so glad you said something.

I was thinking that the Roseville bike trip would make a good thread. Spring break isn't that far away and would be the perfect time to head over the hill for some early spring weather.

I did see that event they had on Saturday, I hmm'd and haw'd about it all week, then about the time I thought I would go they were starting to enforce chain controls on 80 :mad:, how was it??

How was the event or the road? Event rocked, we even had an awesome marshmellow fight. The road on Sunday wasn't terrible but snow tires / chains were a must!

Hey, By the way congrats on the 1000th, heard your audio on podcacher today, pretty cool!

Thanks!

I'm psyched they aired both stories on the same show, plus included Randallh. It's a N. Nevada show!

The last 10 or so posts in this thread would have had a great audience on NevadaGeocaching.com

What? Me pushing the NGA site? :):mad:

Nooo, you wouldn't do a thing like that...