Magic coin problem?

The GeoGadgets Team

I'm selling some of my excess coins on the ePlace in an effort to offset my spending and bring some money back into the Christmas fund...

I had two Magic coins listed, and got an email this morning to say that TPTB at the ePlace cancelled my listings for them. Here is the email I received:

---

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has

been canceled.

The rights owner, Mattel, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of

this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that identifies a company's products and services. eBay doesn't permit sellers to use a trademark in a way that confuses or misleads buyers about the source or affiliation of an item. Trademark infringement is illegal and can include inappropriate comparisons to a branded item, selling counterfeit or replica items, and keyword spamming.

Listings that use a brand name in any way other than uses specifically permitted by the manufacturer or trademark owner are not allowed on eBay.

For more information about using brand names in listings, please visit: [link followed]

---

Anyone else run into this issue? Was it a problem for C&P when they minted it/went through the approval process?

Folks had bid on them, so I'm concerned for them, but of course I hope they'll come back now that I've reworded the description.

I know they just called them 'Magic Geocoins' rather than Magic 8-Ball (which is registered). I don't think there should be a problem about copyrights by just calling them Magic geocoins, and there is nothing that says Magic 8-Ball on the coin.

That's what I was going to say. Sounds like the only issue was the name "magic 8-ball".

Good luck.