MISSION: Secret Geocoin Santa

Fluttershy

My poor mission is lost in the mail. :( The good fairy whispered in my ear & suggested I get tracking on this Santa's gift. So I did. I was kind of surprised I hadn't heard from them yet. I mailed it the 15th. The tracking shows it's still at the original postoffice! :D I do hope it gets unstuck soon! I so wanted to surprise them for Christmas! I love gift giving! And this has been so much fun! If the postoffice screws this up I'm just never going to use them again!! Santa, please get my gift there on time! :D Please, Please, Please!!!

I mailed mine out on the 18th, and my delivery confirmation also says that it is still in the PO. I am sure that it is not there, and is on its way. It is a delivery confirmation, not live tracking like UPS. Also, you won't know that it is delivered until the evening, when they update (download, whatever) their records. You might even find out here in the forums that it was delivered before the tracking number tells you that it was delivered, if the recipient posts something. I know when I took my package to the PO, the line was HUGE. It's just a busy time of the year for the mail (and everything else, too).

My poor mission is lost in the mail. :D The good fairy whispered in my ear & suggested I get tracking on this Santa's gift. So I did. I was kind of surprised I hadn't heard from them yet. I mailed it the 15th. The tracking shows it's still at the original postoffice! :( I do hope it gets unstuck soon! I so wanted to surprise them for Christmas! I love gift giving! And this has been so much fun! If the postoffice screws this up I'm just never going to use them again!! Santa, please get my gift there on time! :D Please, Please, Please!!!

I always get the delivery confirmation on any coins I mail out. I know it takes a while for the PO to update the information. I just like to know if it mught have been delivered to the wrong place. I used to manage a warehouse and we would get someone else's stuff all the time.

On a side note, my daughter came in from getting the mail today and handed me a small package. Thinking it was Santa arriving, I ripped open the mailer. Imagine my surprise when only one coin dropped out. Turns out it wasn't from Santa but from neilsenc. It was a very nice surprise. Here are a couple of pictures of what I received.

Holidaycoinfront.jpgHolidaycoinback.jpg

Santa actually came on Tuesday. He/she left me a 2005 San Diego, a Temecula Valley balloon and a Bikedog memorial. All very beautiful coins and very welcome to my heart. Honestly, I've tried many times to post this note but could never finish because this text can not express how touched I was. Thank you Santa! :(

:(:D Santa came!!! Santa came!!! And he was VERY generous!!!! I received 5 coins which I didn't have!!! 029.gif

1 Caching in the Holidays

1 Canadian micro

1 Alberta Wild Rose

1 Oakcoins Happy Holidays (really cute!)

1 (I don't know the name of it yet, but it's black nickel, has a wolf howling at the moon on one side and a paw print on the back)

It was great opening the envelope and looking thorugh the coins - I felt like when I was a kid looking through a new pack of Wacky Pack cards! the excitement of looking at what I got!!!

Thank you Santa!!!! I don't know who you are, but I have an address......be on the lookout for something in your mailbox! :D

Fluttershy, thanks for setting this up - it's been a lot of fun!!! 050.gif

SANTA came to our house today and boy am I thrilled with what we got!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

Mystery Santa!:(

It was box FULL of goodies....:DDec2006024.jpg

It even had a present for each one of the girls:

Dec2006023.jpg

We opened the packages and were happy to find a July Signal, 2005 nielsenc Christmas and a MOST beautiful copper Dressel Dragons in a velvet bag. It also had a handpainted Christmas tree geocaching ornament that is on our tree!

Dec2006025.jpg

The girls opened their presents and were excited to find little growing toys. We have them growing right now. It is really COOL!

Dec2006026.jpg

Wow... Two days in a row of receiving secret santa coins, How cool is that? I did quite well today also, I received a Carrion Crow, a Red Tail Falconer, a White Bear and a Fliegenpilz magic mushroom coin. I have a sneaking suspicion as to who sent these, and would like to say thank you, I really like them and will add them to my collection. Team 57Chevy wishes all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

art_tree.gifart_tree.gifart_tree.gifart_tree.gifart_tree.gifart_tree.gif

I love the news! I'm glad these Missions are making your days brighter!

Jennifer... glad to hear you're getting better! :D Sorry you've been so sick~!

You are all in my thoughts! :(

Wow! you know my real name!! Hahahaha, most everyone calls me Brae ( I bet they thought that was my real name) :D:D

Yep I feel much better, don't know what I had, I haven't had a fever since I was a kid, but it's gone now!!! I can't wait till my secret pal gets their gift!

I want to play again. I got . . . . get this Not 3 coins but 4.

Thanks a bunch Santa

Or maybe you could be a secret bunny! Keep this thing going year round, lot's of fun, lot's of smiling faces! what do ya'll think? Secret bunnies? (Easter)hmmm Secret Sam's (4th of July)

I have been thinking of Secret GeoCupid! :o

I want to play again. I got . . . . get this Not 3 coins but 4.

Thanks a bunch Santa

Or maybe you could be a secret bunny! Keep this thing going year round, lot's of fun, lot's of smiling faces! what do ya'll think? Secret bunnies? (Easter)hmmm Secret Sam's (4th of July)

Don't forget about the Secret Geo Ghost or the Secret Geo Turkey. I'm game for another round or two.

OH MY GOSH!!!! Santa has struck again!!! I accepted a second mission but I didn't expect to get a second delivery! WOW!!! I just wanted to send some more holiday cheer. WOW!!!! I still can't catch my breath! This time Santa (and they didn't keep who they are secret :o ) sent me:

> 1 Suncatcher - Cool

Yep, very, very cool!!! :o

> 1 Suncatcher - Warm

It makes me warm all over - beautiful coin! ;)

> 1 Astrolab - Antique Silver

Love the fine detail on this coin! :)

And, last but by no means least,

> 1 Loved This Cache

Made with lots ans lots of PURPLE SPARKLIES!!!!! :D:o

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Santa, for the unexpected gifts. I love them ALL!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Allie, you've gone WAY above and beyond for this project.

;)MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES!!! :)

Love to all, CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Whee!! Santa stopped by while I was out of the state for a bit. Came home to find two presents wrapped up so nice. (Wish I would have thought of that. :o ) Opened the smaller one first to find a neat little lock and lock filled with COINS!!! (Black Nickel Congrats FTF coin, Camo Not another Micro, and my fave; Black nickel Night Cahcer coin.)

The second gift was to my surprise, two coins and two TB to be moved on. COOL!! :o I love moving trackables.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RALLYWRXWAGON!!!

And of course, THANK YOU to Fluttershy for putting this all together. I'd be willing to join in the next one, no matter what the season.

I love reading all the post of what people are getting.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

Edited by Firefly03

Thank you very much...GeoCoin Secret Santa...I was afraid that my package would not arrive until after Xmas...

We were having our traditional Chinese Food lunch and Secret Santa gift exchange at the office, when the Letter Carrier shows up with a RED Bubble Mailer? Open it up only to find foam padding....wait, there is a little red box inside tied with Gold Thread.

I carefully open the box.......(insert drum roll here)....what do I find? (another drum roll).....what coins are these? I've never seen them before....didn't even know they existed. After doing some research...I'm very thankful to have them.

1. Cache Hiker - Artist Edition (Only 15 made!)

2. Black Racer GeoCoin - Artist Edition (Only 16 made!)

And finally...

3. GeoCacher On Board? "This car makes frequent and erratic stops" (Can't find any info on this one...I would like to know more).

Secret Santa....you did an awesome job! And thanks to the USPS, they were delivered on time.

Edited by Go-mad-Cow

My first goodie bag (or actually second Secret Santa mission) came in today :D .

I did not get 1 coin nor did I get 2 or 3 coins but a wopping 4 coins and a PIN !

None of which I had in my possesion before B)

Thank you my NYC Santa :huh:

Yes I know ... . .. .....

And for those of you girls and boys who want to know more details:

1 Cachoids Nickel B)

1 Lizard Toad PLUS the PIN :(

1 Loved This Cache Lips Orange Glitter

and

1 Cache is King B)

Thank you sooooooo mmuuuuccccchhh Santa .

Edited by OshnDoc

My Secret Santa came today! Santa was so good to me!!!!!! :D

I got 5 coins!!!!!!!!!! B)

B)B):D:D:huh::(

I got:

Geocaching Addict

MOGA Event Coin - (I love event coins!)

Team Skirtlifter (the cute shaped one!)

Hungry Hobo Food Drive

Meades Ranch Benchmark Coin

Thank you Santa, whoever your are! You really made my day, week and year! B)

Oh, and thanks Fluttershy! You did a great job!

Edited by MustangJoni

My Secret Santa package arrived today!!! It was so nice to come home to that after a few hours of shopping! AND, I got 4 coins (none of which I already had!) AND 4 pins!!!!! So cool!!

I got:

Geowoodstock coin

Generic Micro (believe me, there are plenty of micros around here for this one!)

First To Find (gotta love glow!)

and my most favorite, a Mustang Joni coin and pin set!! I've been wanting one of these since she kicked everyones a** on the Orient Express game!

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thanks to Fluttershy for implementing this!!!!!!!!

I had half a day at work today, so I stopped at home before I was off running a few more errands.

Then when I was walking up my Street toward my car, I noticed the Postman.

I had never met him, so I introduced myself... and asked him if he had anything for my address?

When I told him the house number, he kind of chuckled and then said, Do you collect Coins?

I laughed, and said that I did.

He had SIX envelopes for me today. I had not expected this at all... so I was taken aback.

They were all surprise Secret Santas for me???

I have been gifted beyond belief... I'm beside myself.

Here's what I found in the packages: (In no particular order) (I don't know some of their names)

Alaska Coinamint

Geocaching 4x4 Adventure

Hungry Hobo

Georgia GGA 4th Anniversary

Geocoin Club February

Copper Mississippi 2006

StoneHenge Benchmark

Civil War Series #2

Mtn-Man's Admin Brick

Black Nickel Not So Lost Puppies

Gold Caching in the Holidays

Silver Landsharkz Micro

2006 Geocaching Coin & Pin Club ornament

2 Parents of SAM pins

Yesterday I received a very special "Fluttershy" Secret Santa handmade Ornament.

I have it up on my mantel with my cards... I love it!!!! Thank you!!!

All I can say is that I truly believe I was too Spoiled...

All I did is exchange names for a few days.

Y-O-U did all of the work!!!

Well, I have ALL of your Names & Addresses! You never know what might happen in February! :huh:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

~Fluttershy

It was certainly a treat coming home to a FAT mystery envelope after a long day at work that wasn't supposed to be a day at work!!! I opened the envelope to a very nice hand written homemade card featuring a Christmas tree with ammo cans under it. I could have stopped right there, but there was an inner envelope that weighed quite a bit. I opened it to find a bunch of California related coins:

Kc8hnz's Monterrey, California

2005 Santa Cruz County

Tommy Trojan/Helen of Troy

Oakcoins Caching in the Holidays (S)

Thanks so much Santa!!! Your package today was the perfect pick me up!!!

Thanks, too, to Fluttershy for setting this all up!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

A cache in the mail

With bounty inside,

A tiny box where

Coins, nickels, and pins abide.

And, a note from Santa tucked inside . . .

But, just last week a package arrived

With three geocoins inside to adore

Now, a cache and a box with a half dozen more!

How could this be?

Is it a mistake or a surprise?

But, the note is addressed to me

With a code to decipher and a message inside!

Look for the nickel with a mysterious design,

And, watch for an icon with a similar sign.

Search for some numbers, and I will find out

Who my secret Santa is and then give a shout!

I send thanks to my Santa as I wait and I wonder,

You’re extraordinary and special and like no other!

I’m keeping my eye out for a new icon design,

And I’ll soon discover my Santa who’s so generous and kind! :huh::(B)

Wow! Wow! Wow! From start to finish this has been a blast. We received our package today and it was too exciting, too fun and too stuffed with goodies!

Our secret Santa B) just spoiled us rotten with an amazing bunch of coins that had us all giddy with holiday delight. The kids were ecstatic when they saw the large envelope just begging to be opened. Had a thought for one moment of waiting till Christmas day but gave that up rather quick. What a generous person our Santa was – to the extreme. And every coin we received is one we have never seen except in pictures on the web. They are wonderful coins. Can’t pick a fave – they are truly great and we thank you so, so much from the bottom of our hearts. The package was so much more than we expected and elicited many squeals of happiness and delight from the whole team. Truly a wonderful day. Thank you!

We received, in no particular order:

Chills 2006 – very cool coin – really. :D

Canada Micro – love it :D

Rudolph form the Happy Holidays coin set – nice job on that ranger216. The beam from his nose came out great. :D

Generic Mini – never seen one so small – so cool B)

Dancingfool's Foam Geocoin – what a cool idea to move TBs with our packages. And a very fun TB as well. Will have to do something like that next time. B)

Holiday Lights in Yellow – this one needs to go on the tree, somehow! B)

GCC December Issue – Very, very nice coin. This is one of those you have to hold in your hand; it feels that good. The back is nice too and not what one would expect. Great coin. :(

Wooden Nickel – 3000 finds for HiDude 98. Very nice nickel. That should be a coin if it isn’t already. So Santa, is that you? :huh:

Allie – you went above & beyond and I was so glad to hear that you got some presents today. You were one of the George Baileys of the geocoin world this season. Your idea impacted so many people in such a positive way. Kudos to you for thinking of this and others. Please email us your addy when you have a chance. And now I think I am off to order your coin. And yeah – that Feb 14 coin exchange sounds like a great idea!

It has been a pleasure reading everyone’s emails about their packages. The generosity of Geocachers seems to know no bounds and is especially evident on these forums. You are all truly wonderful people and we wish each and every one of you – and your families – a joyous holiday time and a new year that brings you all your hopes & dreams.

Thanks again Secret Santa. You rock! :(

I just got through reading the great posts after an evening of my family's traditional Xmas Eve get-together....It was so much fun to read the responses to the generous gift giving.

This has got to be (as of this date) the most positive thread in this Discussion Group, so far....write this down on your Calender...

Fluttershy....you are the greatest....I agree with others who said: "Let's do this again, real soon"

I always get the delivery confirmation on any coins I mail out. I know it takes a while for the PO to update the information. I just like to know if it mught have been delivered to the wrong place. I used to manage a warehouse and we would get someone else's stuff all the time.

On a side note, my daughter came in from getting the mail today and handed me a small package. Thinking it was Santa arriving, I ripped open the mailer. Imagine my surprise when only one coin dropped out. Turns out it wasn't from Santa but from neilsenc. It was a very nice surprise. Here are a couple of pictures of what I received.

Holidaycoinfront.jpgHolidaycoinback.jpg

Santa arrived in Europe B) Today we received this nice surprise from Neilsenc/Oakcoins also.

I didn't now about this secret mission but it looks like great fun for all the coin-addicts :( .

We wish everybody a nice X-mas :huh: and a cache- and coinful 2006.

The Secret Hannakah Elf, Moishe's granddaughter, arrived today...all the way from South Dakota...she was extremely generous...I got a YELLOW JEEP!!! and Caching In the Holidays (Gold), SkinGuy (Silver), Benchmark Plymouth Rock, a neat wooden nickel and an event button...just a super, fantasmagorical, wonderful holiday surprise!!! Thank you, thank you, Secret Santa...and a hugh kiss and hug to Fluttershy for setting all this in motion...I'm in for GeoCupid... B):huh::(

I don't remember ever having such a tremendous response and a universally wonderful experience with anything on these forums in the year I have been participating! It was just a wonderful idea and it has proven to me that this community is made up of great people with big hearts. I think the holiday season made it especially nice, I know this has made my Christmas better by giving and receiving and reading how others have been touched by the generosity of others.

Merry Christmas!!!

:huh:

I sent my package out a week ago and I've been watching, but I haven't seen my recipient post.

I hope Santa delivers the package I sent in time ... :(

I'm with you and Graylling. I sent mine out a while ago w/ tracking, niether the PO or the recipient has posted its delivery. I was so hoping they would make it before Christmas. :huh: I do know that where it is going, there has been a lot of problems with the mail for a while.

I guess I have been pretty good this year. My Santa visitied me today, he brought me an A.P.E. coin, a Night Cachers coin, a very low number Night Hawk personal coin, a snowman wooden token and an Indy Diver pin. I have to say, the detail on the Night Hawk coin is tremendous. You can count each feather on the Hawk.

Thanks to Fluttershy for setting this up. Count me in for the next round.

My recipient hasn't posted yet either. I'm hoping that it's because of the extended delivery time.

Anxiously waiting.

I sent mine 2-3 day with tracking...it's been delivered, now I just can't wait to see who got it!

UOTrackers...

Try looking at post #374?..........

Edited by Go JayBee

My recipient hasn't posted yet either. I'm hoping that it's because of the extended delivery time.

Anxiously waiting.

I sent mine 2-3 day with tracking...it's been delivered, now I just can't wait to see who got it!

UOTrackers...

Try looking at post #374?..........

How'd I miss that one! I was afraid you wouldn't get it till after Christmas too. YAY even with a fever I made it, sorry I'm not such a secret santa...I'm horrible at secrets, my daughter has already opened a couple christmas presents too...bad mama.

Santa came to Central Vermont yesterday! I'll be honest and say that I don't really know for sure what a couple of these coins real names are, but hopefully I'm close enough so people will understand what I'm saying. There was

Crop Circle....this is so much cooler in hand than on the monitor! That cow definately feels at home here in Vermont

Oak Coins Holiday Leaf.......Very cute design.

Massachusetts 2006......think it's maybe bronze? This is gorgeous! The colors on this are unreal!

Plymouth Rock Benchmark....I'd never seen a benchmark coin before. These are pretty cool.

Thanks again for your generosity! I'll start picking stuff up here and there for the next round.

Happy Holidays!

Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

Greets all, My Secreat Santa package arrived yesterday just in time for Christmas, thanks go out to whomever you are !!

I recieved 3 coins I did not have yet thats a great thing ;)

1) Flog Your Tees Golf peg

2) Packman5

3) Keepers Of Ontarios Caches Beaver

Thanks to Fluttershy, for this concept of giving, caring , sharing,

Happy Holidays to all, Glenn

EDIT:: Error in hast of being beyond tired, Opps :)

Edited by glennk721