what do you do with your track data?

jchiar

What does everyone do with tracking information?

I load it into the MapSource software that came with my GPSr, and use the track properties to whittle it down to just the hiking portions of the day. That way I can determine how far I hiked. Aside from that I don't have any use for the data, so I delete it.

I load it into the MapSource software that came with my GPSr, and use the track properties to whittle it down to just the hiking portions of the day. That way I can determine how far I hiked. Aside from that I don't have any use for the data, so I delete it.

ok thanks. i see many people who post images of there 'track' in the logs and was wondering how they created the jpg files

ok thanks. i see many people who post images of there 'track' in the logs and was wondering how they created the jpg files

I load tracks into Mapsource and then when I want a jpg picture of a track I use SnagIt to capture the image on the screen. That allows me to capture just what I want, it's fast and it's easy.

:surprise:

So there are no desktop appications that take gpx tracks and produce jpg images besides mapsource?

Google Earth will export a JPEG showing your tracklog. With your track on the map, zoom to whatever part you want to show, then go to File > Save Image. I'm only able to get images that are 736x599; about good enough to post on the web.