Scottish Winter Cache Bash & Social. Feb/March 2007

J33P KN

After discusions with Mr FFB (FlyFishermanBob), I'm proposing a winter weekend cache bash & social in Argyll, Scotland......

The plan is to hold it at/on/about/around the Lunga Estate, in Argyll. Lunga is a 20min drive from Lochgilphead or 1/2 hr from Oban, just to give you an idea. Lunga, provides a truly stunning location with the most amazing views and countryside, overlooking the Gulf of Coryvrechan and isles of Lunga, Scarba, Jura, Luing And Seil.

The proposed dates are likely to be the end of February/ begining of March. I suspect most people would want to stay for at least one night, and thus I would also propose an evening meal @ Lunga. You really can't beat Sarah's traditional Scottish Food... along with the company of the Laird, and a big log fire to keep you warm. Not to mention a few light refreshments. If the weather is poor there are two great pubs within walking distance..

Lunga has excellent accommodation, which has recently been refurbished to a very very high standard and at a very reasonable rate, too. I've put a link below.

www.lunga.com.

Co-ords are: 56' 11.984N 5' 33.321W. I've already put a heap of caches there and have plenty more planned.

So, next question is...... is anyone interested before i take it further. Replies below.

Ken. J33P KN.

Weekend Argyllite.

You might like to post information about this on one or both of the Scottish/Irish geocaching related forums (GeoX and Geofrees). Email me if you need the links.

I'd love to come, as I'm sure would my partner Jack Aubrey, as long as it doesn't clash with other committments (most importantly a week's skiing that we are planning around that time).

:DCONFIRMED DATES......24-25TH FEBRUARY 2007

I've now confirmed the dates for the Argyll Winter Cache Bash & Social. The cost for B&B is £24.00/ppn @ Lunga Estate. The plan is to have a dinner on the saturday night, however, its not compulsory.The cost for dinner & wine is £18.50/pp. The food can only be described at excellent and i promise you won't be disappointed.

Cache wise... i've already placed a heap around the estate, and there's plenty more within easy driving distance.

If, you are coming please drop me an e-mail or pm: j33pkn@btinternet.com

Bookings should be made direct to Lunga, but let them know your coming for the Caching Weekend. Colin or Sarah is who to speak too. Details below.

Lunga Estate.

e-mail: colin@lunga.com

tel: 01852 500237

Address:

Lunga

Craobh Haven

Argyll PA31 8QR

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ken. (J33P KN)

Im drooling just reading this! I went to Rua Fiola 6 years ago and still spek frequently to the owner of the island.

Have not been back since.

If i came then i would be looking to camp, would this be a problem. Big problem is going to be work as i am in the process of looking for a seasonal job in Outdoor recreation (so could be anywhere in country). will know within 4 weeks so will keep you posted

Im drooling just reading this! I went to Rua Fiola 6 years ago and still spek frequently to the owner of the island.

If i came then i would be looking to camp, would this be a problem. Big problem is going to be work as i am in the process of looking for a seasonal job in Outdoor recreation (so could be anywhere in country). will know within 4 weeks so will keep you posted

The Family that own Lunga Estate, owned the Isle of Lunga originally. The MacDougall's of Lunga. There is a cave on Lunga, which apparently has 3 chambers. I'm hoping to get a cache in there in the future.

I'm sure the Laird would be okay with camping somewhere. There's 4000 acres to play on, might be alittle cold tho'...!

Hopefully, you'll make to the Cache bash.

Ken. J33P KN.

Edited by J33P KN

Will try to keep the diary clear although will have to catch the ferry back to Arran from Tarbert mid afternoon on the Saturday :D so Friday and 1/2 Saturday only.

Hope you'll be able to make it...!!! I was over on Bute today doing my last BT cache, and nearly got stuck on the Island.. <_< lool.

Dropped some new Geocoins and TB's in.. :D

Ken.

This is the planned format for the Argyll Winter Cache Bash..

Format:

Friday...

Day: open caching.

Evening: Social meet in the Morning Room. BYOB.

Saturday:

Morning: Breakfast when you get out of bed, and caching after.

Afternoon: 4pm - 7pm Pub meet @ 'The Lord of the Isles' Craobh Marina. Pub Quiz and TB/coin Swap.

Evening: Dinner around 8pm @Lunga. *** Book in advance, via Lunga House**** followed by social and relaxation.

Sunday:

Morning: Breakfast when you get out of bed, and caching after.

Afternoon: More caching. Social @ 'Galley of Lorne' Ardfern. 4PM onward.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Ken.

Its back to 26 caches.. i've managed to lose one....!!! :D

Only 26.......????

Hardly worth the effort of attending then !

Isn't as if it were in an attractive part of the country or anything.... .... !

Aye.. sorry Bob, we know your a hardcore cacher...! So, there is a special one on Goat Island for you. Hope you've got yer trucks ready.. :P:rolleyes:

Count down has begun.... :D eecck