This guy is a REAL cacher

jimmyreno

I have spent my past two wedding anniversarys out of town at geowoodstocks 3 & 4. I didn't want to push my luck next year, so we're hosting it here instead. :)

I have stopped along the highway to find a rest stop cache wearing a tuxedo in the snow on the way to a best friend's wedding.

(what that cache was doing wearing a tuxedo I'll never know :blink: )

My wife recently had carpal tunnel surgery. While I was looking online for the location of the surgery center I noticed a cache hidden less than 0.2 miles away (a park and grab). I stayed in the waiting area until the surgery was over. As we were leaving the surgery center, I picked up my wife and she just looked at me and said, "I am fine, you can go find the cache". I drove over and found the lamp post micro and we went home. I am either proud of my wife to let me, or am embarrased to tell anyone of my addiction.

I also once found a cache on the way home from my uncle's funeral.......no it was not at the same cemetery.

Dutchboy

Edited by DutchBoy

I'm no good at the search thingy, but if I recall correctly wasn't it Rothsafari who stopped to get a cache when taking their newborn baby home from the hospital? Now THAT's a geocacher!

Sadly, I can't take credit for that one. Hydee and I did meet at an event cache. We also went late night caching on the night we got engaged.

I'm no good at the search thingy, but if I recall correctly wasn't it Rothsafari who stopped to get a cache when taking their newborn baby home from the hospital? Now THAT's a geocacher!

Sadly, I can't take credit for that one. Hydee and I did meet at an event cache. We also went late night caching on the night we got engaged.

I can take credit for the engagement night caching... :)

Taunting Heidi

Pepper

Found this log in a local cache:

"In town to get married but took a few hours to cache while she got ready...thanx"

On a slightly unrelated note, I did use my cell phone to check the score for the Cubs game 2 minutes before I got married. I still have the cell phone bill as proof!

As for caching.....I placed a TB in a new cache the day my son was born...That's about as good as I get...

--MGb

Broke my leg geocaching.

Resumed geocaching one week later on crutches with leg in cast.

:(

I dislocated my elbow a few years back...and 5 days later I was back out doing a 3-miles-each-way search, hiking staff in my good hand and GPSr in the one in a sling. It's all about priorities :( .

How about listing your wedding as a cache event? GCGHEC Twue Wuv

2 cachers getting married? Check

Cacher performing the ceremony? Check (me!)

Took the entire group caching after the reception? Check

Ok that one takes the cake...with the micro hidden in it..with the coords to a little sticker under one of the pews that contain the coords to the alter...just in case the groom forgot where to go

How about listing your wedding as a cache event? GCGHEC Twue Wuv

2 cachers getting married? Check

Cacher performing the ceremony? Check (me!)

Took the entire group caching after the reception? Check

Ok that one takes the cake...with the micro hidden in it..with the coords to a little sticker under one of the pews that contain the coords to the alter...just in case the groom forgot where to go

Wasn't quite that bad, however, they did have coordinates printed on the invitations, and the cake toppers were turned in to travel bugs.