Name Change and Logs

Grawp

I hope this doesn't open up a whole can of worms .....

Due to personal circumstances I stopped playing the game under the "Azaruk" name and opened a new account under the name of "Grawp".

As Azaruk, I had a fair number of finds which obviously don't appear under the new name.

Is it permissible practise to re-log the finds, using the original date that Azaruk found them, so that they reflect as finds under my new name.

I no longer play as Azaruk at all.

I have adopted all the Azaruk caches that are still active into the Grawp name.

I look forward to your comments......

From the FAQ thread in the getting started forums

How can I change my user name?

You can't.

You used to be able to, but this announcement explained that you can't anymore due to software issues. If you WANT to change your name early on in the game, you can open a new account, relog everything and delete the old logs, and transfer ownership of caches using the adoption page. If you need to transfer your premium membership, send an e-mail to contact@geocaching.com. But according to that announcement, name changes will no longer be able to be done. So - choose wisely.

So what you've mentioned above is the only way, although will be quite time consuming.

Good Luck!

Grawp? Azaruk?

Just curious, a name is selected for a particular reason, changed maybe for another particular reason. If my name is Mike I am Mike, not Paul or Harry?

As said, just curious why somebody wants to change a name, understandable like QFC who broke up for obvious reason as one member is oversees.

I do not expect an answer, just curious and that might be the way it is.

Cache Fan

When the team of "Azaruk" broke up due to one member going overseas, my cache partner was going to take over the Azaruk name. So I logged a new name to play under.

I hope that satisfies the curiosity. Though why it should bother anyone is beyond me.

Nobody can deny or take away your achievements. Wish you well!

Edited by kanneman

:D:D OK, the couriosity is solved. Also we can not deny Azaruk's or Grawp's achievements. Actually have seen this practice on other than RSA forum that team members who split re-enter the founds they had cummulative in new names.

Maybe a bit off-site this particular topic, but what happens if two individual cachers join into a team, do their finds accumulate? :D:D