Geocaching for singles?

MedicWilson

I was just thinking how great it would be to meet up with other singles in the area that were into geocaching. Geocaching is a HUGE interest of mine, and ive definatly met people (non geocachers) that just look at me crazy when i list that as one of my interests (even after i explain the whole billion dollar/tupperware thing). maybe some sort of event? i just thought i would throw the idea out there. maybe its stupid, i have no idea. :unsure::rolleyes:<_<

• Upvote 1

I just want a site that I can find other GeoCachers near me so I can maybe get a hiking group together. In fact If such a place doesn't exist I may try my hand at making a web site just for such activities.

Check out Meetup.com. It's a good place to find others with similar interests, not just geocaching. If there isn't already a group in your area, you can create your own group.

I just want a site that I can find other GeoCachers near me so I can maybe get a hiking group together. In fact If such a place doesn't exist I may try my hand at making a web site just for such activities.

Check out Meetup.com. It's a good place to find others with similar interests, not just geocaching. If there isn't already a group in your area, you can create your own group.

Thank you swfirefly You very well might have saved me from a weekend of boardum.

I live in Kent and I want to go to the Ape at Mission Light does anyone want to go with. can meet at the trail head or car pool.

It unfortunately costs money to run a Meetup group, which you may or may not be okay with. I currently run a Meetup group and I got a 50% discount with a coupon they gave me because it took me so long to actually establish the group once I proposed it, haha. From what I remember, their cheapest deal is 72 bucks for 6-months of running a Meetup group. There are also 3-month and monthly options but those are more expensive (per month).

Even sadder is that my Meetup group has nothing to do with Geocaching and there's no Geocaching Meetup near me. :/

It unfortunately costs money to run a Meetup group, which you may or may not be okay with. I currently run a Meetup group and I got a 50% discount with a coupon they gave me because it took me so long to actually establish the group once I proposed it, haha. From what I remember, their cheapest deal is 72 bucks for 6-months of running a Meetup group. There are also 3-month and monthly options but those are more expensive (per month).

Even sadder is that my Meetup group has nothing to do with Geocaching and there's no Geocaching Meetup near me. :/

Wow, I had no idea it cost so much to run a meetup group!

I was just thinking how great it would be to meet up with other singles in the area that were into geocaching. Geocaching is a HUGE interest of mine, and ive definatly met people (non geocachers) that just look at me crazy when i list that as one of my interests (even after i explain the whole billion dollar/tupperware thing). maybe some sort of event? i just thought i would throw the idea out there. maybe its stupid, i have no idea. :D;);)

Most areas have local geocaching groups. Look at the top of this forum - Miss Jenn mentions links. Also if you check out the forum by area say WEST and Southwest, there is a list at the top for each area of organized groups and their websites.

If you attend local Event caches you will meet all kinds of cachers from your area. Some of them will become your best friends. Who knew! Some even meet, fall in Love, and get married - so good luck to you.

I think thats a great idea!

I usually go geocaching by myself and it would be cool to meet someone who thinks geocahing is the bomb.

When I tell ppl about it they just look and say "What is that?" And I say its like treasure hunting.

This is my first time in the forum.. Perhaps have a meeting of single cacher's that want to go out and seek, meet in an open place and go together.

I was just thinking how great it would be to meet up with other singles in the area that were into geocaching. Geocaching is a HUGE interest of mine, and ive definatly met people (non geocachers) that just look at me crazy when i list that as one of my interests (even after i explain the whole billion dollar/tupperware thing). maybe some sort of event? i just thought i would throw the idea out there. maybe its stupid, i have no idea. :P:ph34r::D

I think that would be awesome to have a way to find other geo-cachers. It's like a cyber-buddy-system connection, lol. I usually go caching at night cuz of my work schedule and cuz I have a hard time avoiding Muggles (a 6ft chick wandering around like a crack-head usually draws some attention lol). I'm in Grays Harbor, WA if anyone comes nearby send me a message and we can team-up. :-)

Running a dedicated meetup group does cost some money. I wouldn't do it from scratch. What I have done is join a few of the interesting activity meetups in my area and became an assistant organizer. I am an avid kayaker, snowboarder, mountain biker.. I would post and host events for those all the time. Since becoming a cacher, I have now mixed that in on some activities. On kayaking trips, we will often plan on grabbing whatever water caches there are out there - introducing my fellow paddlers to the joys of tupperware questing. Same thing for biking on trails. I have started posting "Ride & Seek" events specifically to hit rail trails or other routes and find all the caches along the way. Weather has been a little cold, but response has been pretty good!

If you don't mind taking the leadership role and making things happen, that's one sure way to go.. Provided you have an existing group to join. I'm pretty lucky here in NH. There are plenty of groups here with owners who are absolutely grateful to have someone volunteer to help organize.

I'd like a group for geocaching hikers! I cache alone usually and think it would be neat to go on a long hike with a group.

I've been on a few group caching hikes and it's loads of fun. This past summer our local group lined up bi-weekly hikes but every one of them fell on a weekend I had something else going on. We'll probably dod the same next summer.

I think that would be an awesome idea! It would be nice to find someone who love this game as much as I do.

Well I dunno how much u love geocaching, but I'm totally head-over-heels for it lol. My poor car has suffered twice for it though... we'll just say that there was a hill involved in one incident & my attempts to have a submarine-mobile ended with an epic failure on another outing. ~ I've learned what NOT to do at least lol.

Upon reading this topic my first thought was, "That sounds like a great idea for the ladies."

My assumption was that there are many more male Geocachers then female geocachers that are single.

After skimming through the post, i may have to re-evaluate. You go girls!

-Prim

I'd like a group for geocaching hikers! I cache alone usually and think it would be neat to go on a long hike with a group.

I have set that up with nearby cachers many times. I just write a note on the cache page I plan to go to a few days/week ahead of time and see who else wants to team up. Then what I did was tell everyone my cell phone so that if they ever wanted to go after a FTF they could text me right away. Works pretty well for me so far anyways. No romances but many, many geo-friends now! :-)

I have set that up with nearby cachers many times. I just write a note on the cache page I plan to go to a few days/week ahead of time and see who else wants to team up. Then what I did was tell everyone my cell phone so that if they ever wanted to go after a FTF they could text me right away. Works pretty well for me so far anyways. No romances but many, many geo-friends now! :-)

Good Idea....I'm going to try it! Thanks! :)

There's a couple similar somewhere, but since this thread has only one entry back in '12, what do you think ?   

Anything's possible I guess.  I didn't know there was such a thing as bronies or furries until someone asked if there were others here ...     :D

There's a few threads around where folks met at events and eventually married.  One couple is in my area.

I don't even know what those two words mean. That shows what my 5 year hiatus did to me. I just get scared to ask round these parts (this board) because people can be mean. I never know. I dip a toe....

So thanks, cerberus1. I really appreciate your response. Its my Friday silly night. I will try to enjoy it responsibly, on this board, and hopefully not get tore up. But I would like to know those words, even though I have guesses :)

Edited by Tumbleweedeb